WalMart, an example of you get what you pay for......

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 10/14/2002 7:23:26 AM KCFlyer wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 10/13/2002 11:16:06 PM RealityCheck wrote:

I said because of the type crowd who does(you can check the demographics and statistics, but eyesight is all you need), and the ensuing chaos and disorder and ugliness that exists in these stores,

---------------

Hmmm, the demographic at the Walmart I shop in has a clientel who has an average household income of about $80,000, drives a later model SUV, and owns their own home.

So though they may do well profit wise, they cater to a lower class lower income and most especially, immigrant customer base.

ANd you still don't get it...their money spends just as well as Daddy Warbucks. You don't want it, someone else does. Perhaps that's why your airline is showing a loss. [/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

I'll repeat for the deaf and mute.[/P]

as most WALMARTS are nothing but pig styes with both carts and trash scattered all over the parking lot as well as in the medians of the highway where WALMARTS are located(that is disgusting!), ...crowded aisles, children running amuck, opened packages, and thus not a pleasurable shopping experience. So though they may do well profit wise, they cater to a lower class lower income and most especially, immigrant customer base. I should have realized I cannot expect 5 star service at Mc Donalds prices. [/P]

[/P]

I never made any claims re: the profit or loss statement of the company, I was expressing disdain over the shopping experience at WALMARTS in general.The description of the
store(s)above is valid,......... and then some.[/P]

I haven't been on this site for a while but I see the whiners are still here. What's done is done! Some of you are so miserable (RealityCheck) and negative. You act like you were the only ones affected by this bankruptcy. Get a life! Grow up! Quit complaining! If you are so miserable why don't you do yourself, and probably most of us a favor and get it over with. Just drive it into a wall! About 120 MPH,you know what I mean. This post probably won't make it on this site. We will just call you RCWhiner! Sounds like a rappers name Huh!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/14/2002 7:41:36 AM RealityCheck wrote:[BR][FONT size=6]You are correct,some folks did not have COL. DAY stolen out from under them.Make that Tuesday![/FONT]
[P][/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P]Here's something that ought to make you feel better - I am a government worker and I am dutifully heading into my office this morning, since we do not get Columbus day off. Perhaps you need a reality check. [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]

[P]From a deaf mute, to a deaf and blind mute:[/P]
[P]You claim you get what you pay for. At Walmart, they have one of the most liberal return policies in the retail industry. You don't like something for any reason, they take it back. Try that at a store where you pay a premium for service. [/P]
[P]You seem uncomfortable with the demographic of the typical Walmart customer (which varies by location). There are Walmarts in my area that are mere stones throw from neighborhoods with $400,000 to $500,000 homes. The typcial customer there is rather high class. [/P]
[P]Finally, Walmart (and the Walmarts of the skies) follow an adage that Lamar Muse used to say...Cater to the poor and grow rich. Cater to the rich and grow poor. 30 years of deregulation and most full service carriers still don't get it. [/P]
[P]Finally, how do you treat a potential customer who phones up U reservations and wants to book a $99 PHL-DFW fare? After all, they are costing your company money, and they may well be a lower class, lower income type of person that you abhor being around. [/P]

[TABLE style=BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1]
[TBODY]
[TR]
[TD style=BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 221.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent vAlign=top width=295]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman][STRONG]Walmart Airline[/STRONG][/FONT][/P][/TD]
[TD style=BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 221.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt vAlign=top width=295]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman][STRONG]Full Service Airline[/STRONG][/FONT][/P][/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[TD style=BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 221.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt vAlign=top width=295]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Everyday Low Fare unrestricted fare[/FONT][/P][/TD]
[TD style=BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 221.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt vAlign=top width=295]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Sky high unrestricted fare[/FONT][/P][/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[TD style=BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 221.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt vAlign=top width=295]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Sweet Adavance Purchase fares[/FONT][/P][/TD]
[TD style=BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 221.4pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt vAlign=top width=295]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Heavily Restricted Advance Purchase fares[/FONT][/P][/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Snack pak on flights over two hours[/FONT][/P][/TD]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Pretzels on flights under 4 hours[/FONT][/P][/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Plans change – ticket full flexible[/FONT][/P][/TD]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Plans change - $100 change fee if the airline is notified.[SPAN style=mso-spacerun: yes] [/SPAN]Lose it all if they aren’t[/FONT][/P][/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Back to back ticketing no problem[/FONT][/P][/TD]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Back to back ticketing results in loss of full amount[/FONT][/P][/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]“upgrade†to full fare for standby[/FONT][/P][/TD]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]$100 fee for standby[/FONT][/P][/TD][/TR]
[TR]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Employees who appreciate everyone’s business[/FONT][/P][/TD]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT face=Times New Roman]Employees who resent the “frugal flyers†business[/FONT][/P][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
[P]You get what you pay for - Reality Check, October 2002[/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style=MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt][FONT size=3][FONT face=Times New Roman] [?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice /][o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT][/P]

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/14/2002 7:42:53 AM Busdrvr wrote:[BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/14/2002 7:15:04 AM KCFlyer wrote: [BR][BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/13/2002 11:56:54 PM Busdrvr wrote:[BR][BR]Hey KCFlyer,[BR][BR]$5 says you drive a 97 Ford Taurus![BR][BR]----------------[BR][BR]Actually, one of the cars is a 98 Taurus.  Pay up[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]
BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]Your bet didn't have an over under on it.  It's not a 97.  FWIW, I actually own 2 98 Tauruses and a 99 Chrysler.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/14/2002 9:24:31 AM KCFlyer wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 10/14/2002 7:41:36 AM RealityCheck wrote:
[FONT size=6]You are correct,some folks did not have COL. DAY stolen out from under them.Make that Tuesday![/FONT]

[/P]

----------------[/P]

Here's something that ought to make you feel better - I am a government worker and I am dutifully heading into my office this morning, since we do not get Columbus day off. Perhaps you need a "reality check". [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
[/blockquote]
But you get time and a half for working it!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/14/2002 11:06:26 AM gilbertguy wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/14/2002 9:24:31 AM KCFlyer wrote: [BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/14/2002 7:41:36 AM RealityCheck wrote:[BR][FONT size=6]You are correct,some folks did not have COL. DAY stolen out from under them.Make that Tuesday![/FONT][BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][BR]----------------[BR][BR][BR]Here's something that ought to make you feel better - I am a government worker and I am dutifully heading into my office this morning, since we do not get Columbus day off.  Perhaps you need a "reality check".  [/BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR]But you get time and a half for working it!
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Sorry to disappoint, but no, I don't. It's just another day[/P]

Status
Not open for further replies.