WARN LETTERS SENT

Found out today of a second Tulsa AMT suicide within the last 2 weeks.

We need help here folks!

We need help here folks!
We are starting to see this more frequently in this Industry. the Stress combined with a high number of family break ups is to much to bear for some.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families that are left with the guilt and emptiness from such a tragic loss.

There was a bunch of interest in the Teamsters when they bailed out of the AFL-CIO, that has since died down. AMFA could still get 90%+ of the AMT cards on the line, but who knows in overhaul. And finally there are some who suggest going the route of the pilots and F/A's and starting a union, although they probally never looked at the cost of doing that.

The whole Teamsters thing was preety much DOA. The fact that the boys at SWA voted them out tells you something. IMHO the interest in AMFA has kind of waned. Usually you see an AMFA card drive once a year. Last year I did'nt see that. People forget than inspite of the whole "no concessions" mantra AMFA negotiated fora second round at UAL.

IMHO the interest in AMFA has kind of waned. Usually you see an AMFA card drive once a year. Last year I did'nt see that.
Yea "Same as it ever was" the sheep forget about the wolf until he comes a hunting again, then they make a little noise before being lulled back into a false sense of security by their shepard (twu).

The whole Teamsters thing was preety much DOA. The fact that the boys at SWA voted them out tells you something. IMHO the interest in AMFA has kind of waned. Usually you see an AMFA card drive once a year. Last year I did'nt see that. People forget than inspite of the whole "no concessions" mantra AMFA negotiated fora second round at UAL.
So what would be your solution to the problem? Which path are you ready to get involved in to rid us of the twu?

Give me a Teamsters card I'll sign it.

Give me a AMFA card I'll sign it.

Give me a IAM card I'll sign it.

Give me an independent union for AA AMT's I'll sign it.

Give me anyway out of the TWU I'll sign it.

GET THE PICTURE?

Nothing and I mean Nothing is DOA when it comes to getting rid of TWU.

So what would be your solution to the problem? Which path are you ready to get involved in to rid us of the twu?

At this point I'm starting to think that my best bet is to find another job. Quite frankly when I look at what's been going on in the industry it becomes apparent that we are screwed no matter who represents us.

Give me a Teamsters card I'll sign it.

Give me a AMFA card I'll sign it.

Give me a IAM card I'll sign it.

Give me an independent union for AA AMT's I'll sign it.

Give me anyway out of the TWU I'll sign it.

GET THE PICTURE?
Nothing and I mean Nothing is DOA when it comes to getting rid of TWU.

Teamsters maybe, however I would like to hear from someone at SWA as to the reasons they gave the IBT the boot.

The IAM, you're kidding right? All that would accomplish is to trade one big bueracratic dues collecting agency for another. There's a reason why they have been shown the door at more than one airline.

AMFA, I've signed more than my share of cards. However I can't say that I have been impressed with their performance.

Independent, sounds interesting but where is the money for this going to come from?

Independent, sounds interesting but where is the money for this going to come from?

From the same pockets currently picked by the TWU: Yours and your co-workers, of course.

Fancy union halls, fancy international offices, jet-setting officers and other frivolities are completely unecessary to the task of worker representation.

If you want big, fat and happy free-spending union leaders, an old-style union would suit you.

Wouldn't it make more sense to ditch the big unions that want to feed on your paycheck and organize your own, like the APA and the APFA?

From the same pockets currently picked by the TWU: Yours and your co-workers, of course.

Fancy union halls, fancy international offices, jet-setting officers and other frivolities are completely unecessary to the task of worker representation.

If you want big, fat and happy free-spending union leaders, an old-style union would suit you.

Wouldn't it make more sense to ditch the big unions that want to feed on your paycheck and organize your own, like the APA and the APFA?

Not really. If we were not under the RLA then you might have a point but do you know how hard it is to organize airline workers who are disbursed from Boston to Hawaii?

Organizing is a huge undertaking and requires considerable resources.

I agree with TWUInformer, I would fill out ANY card that could help me get rid of the TWU at this point. Most of my coworkers that I have spoken to , Mechanic, Stock Clerk or Fleet Service Clerk, have expressed a similar position.

Right now the IBT is the only organization that has the means to address the problem we have as workers in this industry. We need to become united as an industry. If they decided to make the attempt they would win.

Independent Union? Isn't that AMFA's message? Worked really, really well at NWA, Alaskan, SWA still has not brought the overhaul in-house. Nothing like having even fewer people speaking as one voice at election time.

But one should remember that AMFA supporters believe in the holy trinity of GOP politics. :)

Independent Union? Isn't that AMFA's message? Worked really, really well at NWA, Alaskan, SWA still has not brought the overhaul in-house. Nothing like having even fewer people speaking as one voice at election time.

But one should remember that AMFA supporters believe in the holy trinity of GOP politics. :)
Tell us how well the AA/TWU representation worked with our 23 years of record setting concessions, unelected Int'l Officers bringing in unelected felons, druggys, and morons? Now bed wetting 514 officials are trying on management ties after the pajama party love fest? :angry: :down:

How about Zebco, and Pan Am? The TWU did so well representing them also. :huh: :ph34r:

If you think you have friends in the Dems, you should ask an APA pilot how well they did. :shock:

What the hell are you talking about, just because some are GOP supporters doesn't make all of us GOP suporters. I am curious to know if jumping in bed with management as the twu has done is part of the new demcratic platform, if so count me out of that party to.

BTW...I personally can't stand either party but vote Democratic out of lack of choice of a legimate third party that supports labor.

FYI...ex-president Local 565 now Intl toolboy - Donny V. took out an ad in a local paper with the twu logo and on behalf of local 565 supporting a Republican and member of AA management in a mayoral election a few years back. The democrat who was running was a AA union flight attendant. A disgusting act indeed.

We need help here folks!
Sad news. It seems that the suicide rate for TWU mechanics at AA is higher than it is for the AMFA guys at NWA. Why is that?

I can understand the fustration that they felt, Lord knows we feel it on the line, but to take your own life is such a waste. We can only pray for the families and friends they left behind.

What the hell are you talking about, just because some are GOP supporters doesn't make all of us GOP suporters. I am curious to know if jumping in bed with management as the twu has done is part of the new demcratic platform, if so count me out of that party to.

BTW...I personally can't stand either party but vote Democratic out of lack of choice of a legimate third party that supports labor.

FYI...ex-president Local 565 now Intl toolboy - Donny V. took out an ad in a local paper with the twu logo and on behalf of local 565 supporting a Republican and member of AA management in a mayoral election a few years back. The democrat who was running was a AA union flight attendant. A disgusting act indeed.

I believe the TWU also donated money to New York Republican Peter King. Peter King recently voted against the bill to restrict foreign maintenance. Does that mean that the TWU believes in the Republican platform of more for the Rich and lower wages for the working class? Well lets see, all the International officers earning six figure salaries got raises while we took a 25% cut in compensation. Seems that the International TWUs actions are right in sync with the Republicans!

Shocking to think that Don Videtich, a union man, would use Union Dues to campain against a fellow unionist, oh yea, "They are not AFL-CIO" and the AFA is "an Association" so following TWU Logic they are not "Union".It seems that the only time that the APA and APFA comply with the TWU definition of "union" is when they are giving massive concessions or hopping into bed with the company.

Thats even worse than using Union Dues to buy things at Wal Mart owned "Sams Clubs".

There was a bunch of interest in the Teamsters when they bailed out of the AFL-CIO, that has since died down. AMFA could still get 90%+ of the AMT cards on the line, but who knows in overhaul. And finally there are some who suggest going the route of the pilots and F/A's and starting a union, although they probally never looked at the cost of doing that.

Well the IBT is not too interested at the moment.

As far as the sentiment on the line, after three years the shock and awe of 2003 is wearing off, anger and resentment are setting in.

Why not start another AMFA drive? Its better than doing nothing, at the very least it gives us hope.

I believe the TWU also donated money to New York Republican Peter King.

As a side note, Im sure all the local 514 members recieved their MEMO from dennis burchette asking for our support in the re-election of Republican Mayor Bill Lafortune in the Tulsa city elections.

Folks we need a Third Party that represents the common man. we are not only being attacked by Corporate America, but the very Unions that extract dues from its members are siding with Rich and Powerful evidently to gain wealth for its Leaders, and we are the pawns.

Back