Wasting money

I think this a gross misuse of scarce funds and I fear this information, verified, would not bode well with the vast majority of our employees. Our messenger was to forward this information to D. Siegel, has anyone else tried to verify this?

There are plenty of reasonable facilities for business functions to be found in all major cities. Hotels are loaded with them. Many of our needed supplys to operate our daily business must now be paid for upfront with cash, and some of this supply funding has been slow to appear, and in some instances never. I believe a management team of any company as distressed as US Airways would appear foolish if trying to justify these expenses to creditors who are getting dimes on dollar debts, and to employees who are taking serious benefits and salary reductions, not to mention those who have lost even their jobs.

This information was given as facilities contracted "mostly" for US Airways management persons. No way I would give any support, to what I percieve as pure arrogance, not where I have reasonable choice in the matter.

Mr. Chiames, care to comment?

"And remember, where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. All power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

-Lord Acton

If this is the case its pretty sad. I can see the need to have a corporate presence at these places. It should be used for big time clients and not as an employee perk. Give the CHPR and big corporate clients a shot. Heck why not offer a suite as a Dividend Mile award. I wish i could be CEO for a week!!!!!

Daves weekly message addresses this issue. Apparently most of the leases on the luxury boxes has been rejected in bankruptcy court. They are still debating whether to keep a box at the MCI center in DC.

B4