Watch This Liberal Congressman Handle a Conservative Bully With Class

So you don't have one either?

How exactly to you contain a world power with a megalomaniac at the helm? Do you want to get into a shooting match with him? Do you think he does not know that we have no interest to engage him? Do you want to try and threaten their interests? That worked really well for us with Japan. If you are not willing to fight him and Putin knows this what else is there other than sanctions, economic threats and world opinion? I have no idea. You are
The ones saying that Obama screwed up so you must have a better plan. So spill it.

Ms Tree said:
So you don't have one either?

How exactly to you contain a world power with a megalomaniac at the helm? Do you want to get into a shooting match with him? Do you think he does not know that we have no interest to engage him? Do you want to try and threaten their interests? That worked really well for us with Japan. If you are not willing to fight him and Putin knows this what else is there other than sanctions, economic threats and world opinion? I have no idea. You are
The ones saying that Obama screwed up so you must have a better plan. So spill it.
look I don't get paid to have a better ideal your boy and I do mean boy does.
He's the one who talked junk to Romney about Russia so let him step his ass up and do something preferably without embarrassing the country as he usually does on foreign policy. 6 years into the job and still under qualified.   

Reactions: 2 people
As
I have said numerous times, I voted against McCain and Romney. Not sure why you folks have such a difficult time grasping such a simple concept.

You and others have stated that he has no clue. I'm not disputing that. Odds are is JCS and the DoD are making the recommendations.

If you know enough to think he has no clue then it stands to reason that you must have a better idea (which you admitted you don't). So I'm at a bit of a loss. Short of using the military what do you think Putin would react to?

eolesen said:
If Lerner didn't do anything wrong, why is she pleading the fifth?...

If she and the people she directed didn't do anything wrong, what could she say that would be possibly incriminating?

Perhaps if Elijah Cummings could address those two points, we could move along.

People with nothing to hide don't plead the fifth.

Since EVERY OTHER WORD...out of your 'YAP.....is the CONSTITUTION,.......I'm perplexed as to why YOU would deny/criticize Ms. Lerner for utilizing Her CONSTITUTIONAL Right ?

Your turn  !!

I have always been uncomfortable when a civil servant uses the 5th. They are acting on behalf of the nation. I do not see why they should be able to hide bebind the 5th when functioning as a represenative of the government. There is precedent for denying government employees (military) constitutional rights. Why not this?

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Since EVERY OTHER WORD...out of your 'YAP.....is the CONSTITUTION,.......I'm perplexed as to why YOU would deny/criticize Ms. Lerner for utilizing Her CONSTITUTIONAL Right ?
There is exercising a right, and there is contempt.

What you do as a private citizen, you're entitled to all the protections of the Constitution.

What you do as a public official or civil servant? Not so much. Members of the military don't get to exercise their right to free speech and criticize POTUS without impunity. Doing so would get you a very quick disciplinary hearing and possible court martial.

Lerner works for us. What she did in her capacity as a public servant is in the public domain, not private.

Lerner had no problems meeting with the DOJ and Inspector General to discuss what happened at the IRS, so if you want to plead the fifth, you don't get to be selective on who you will testify with.

I wouldn't put it out of the question for the House to try and subpoena the DOJ and IG over her answers in that session.

Reactions: 1 person
I use to have some repect, sorry respect for Cummings.

An IRS public employee claiming the 5th? Says it all?   

eolesen said:
There is exercising a right, and there is contempt.What you do as a private citizen, you're entitled to all the protections of the Constitution.What you do as a public official or civil servant? Not so much. Members of the military don't get to exercise their right to free speech and criticize POTUS without impunity. Doing so would get you a very quick disciplinary hearing and possible court martial.Lerner works for us. What she did in her capacity as a public servant is in the public domain, not private.Lerner had no problems meeting with the DOJ and Inspector General to discuss what happened at the IRS, so if you want to plead the fifth, you don't get to be selective on who you will testify with.I wouldn't put it out of the question for the House to try and subpoena the DOJ and IG over her answers in that session.
Is testifying in front of Congress the same as talking with the DoJ?

Ms Tree said:
Is testifying in front of Congress the same as talking with the DoJ?
In Congress, she'd be on public record and under oath.

"Talking" to the DOJ isn't public record, and likely wasn't done under oath, yet lying to the DOJ in the course of an investigation would be just as unwise as committing perjury.

The point is that she had no problems with waiving her right to remain silent in front of one branch of government, so why invoke it with the other?

Ms Tree said:
So you admit it's more about politics than truth?
With Left Lane Lois, it looks like it is all about politics. Hiding the truth of who and why, and stifiling the Tea Party from speaking up. We won't know until a special prosecutor is appointed and Lerner is heated up to a slow boil of contempt until her Botox melts.

There is no real hope Lerner will talk with Obama/Holder in office, because Eric Holder has not on his gun running scandal, where a Border Patrol officer was killed by one of the guns Holder let go.  However that's a different Obama scandal.

You can't refute my correct observation, so you deflect and twist.

eolesen said:
In Congress, she'd be on public record and under oath."Talking" to the DOJ isn't public record, and likely wasn't done under oath, yet lying to the DOJ in the course of an investigation would be just as unwise as committing perjury.The point is that she had no problems with waiving her right to remain silent in front of one branch of government, so why invoke it with the other?
How do you know that she lied to the DoJ? If the disscussion with the DoJ was not under oath there would be jo need to invoke the 5th or waive ones rights.

Hackman said:
With Left Lane Lois, it looks like it is all about politics. Hiding the truth of who and why, and stifiling the Tea Party from speaking up. We won't know until a special prosecutor is appointed and Lerner is heated up to a slow boil of contempt until her Botox melts.

There is no real hope Lerner will talk with Obama/Holder in office, because Eric Holder has not on his gun running scandal, where a Border Patrol officer was killed by one of the guns Holder let go.  However that's a different Obama scandal.

You can't refute my correct observation, so you deflect and twist.
Not at all. Odds are she is involved or has info on who is. All I am pointing out is that the indignation is more political than substantive. The left was all up in arms when Regan sold arms for hostages while the right remained quiet. The right is all up in arms about the IRS and Behngazi while the left remains silent.

Neither side has any credibility and their faux indignation is hypocritical at best.

700UW said:
Because he has called her to testify before and has taken the fifth then also, that's why it's grandstanding.
She took the fifth, the first time in court "AFTER" giving an opening statement, which there-in voided her fifth !
I see this going to trial!

Latest posts