We're at BAT again , time for the triple play

I will let whoever wants to be customer service cheerleader borrow my pom poms. They are shiny. I'm telling you, smile and wave and be shiny all you want, but until management makes the same sacrafices and works as hard as they are asking their front lines to, the numbers will still find US being last. The service part of the job needs to come back. Make the agents Customer Service agents, not robots that must follow policy or else. Rah rah.
2eezg4h.jpg

I have a completely different take on this... I think US complaints will get worse and worse, even if the airline improves. Unfortunately, when a company devalues a product to the point that US has, US isn't attracting the "cream of the crop" flyer. I would imagine that the "average" passenger at US has now gone from frequent business traveler to that person who travels home once a year to visit their parents OR the person who looks on Expedia for the CHEAPEST TICKET. These people already think they've paid too much, and that you owe them something...

All companies can have this problem. When moving the bar lower - you attract a less desireable customer... Every company has customers who complain, piss, moan and whine for no reason at all, other than to feel like they are getting their money's worth. When the product devalues, you will end up with even more of these customers. I guess what I'm trying to say is that US is now officially attracting the worst passengers in the air, therefore even more complaints.

I could be wrong... I made the move from US to CO on Oct 2. I'm not here to rub it in your face. There is a huge difference in the product. CO can charge more... And the passengers really do not seem like they are looking for the cheapest tickets either... Lots of men in suits, women in suits, etc. I took CO from EWR to SFO, and I wanted to buy First Class, and everything was sold out 2 weeks before the flight. We didnt have to buy soda in coach, we had 2 movies, 2 hours of sitcoms, 3 beverage services, a brand new clean plane, and a meal in coach. Pizza, a salad, and a brownie. No charge. In Coach.

Even worse, I took CO from EWR to PBI, 2 hours. In coach, at NO CHARGE, Turkey sandwich, bag of Fritos and a chocolate bar, on a 737-300 that was way cleaner than ANY 737-300 on US. The FC is so incredible, I TRIED to buy FC for this flight, and it was sold out. I got FC on the way home. On a 2 hour flight, I had a breakfast that was so large, I was full, and I'm not a little guy.

US is scraping the bottom of the barrel, and unfortunately, these customers want something for nothing, and they'll complain to get it. AND it doesnt help to have low paid, abused, and irretated employees trying to satisfy these people either...

Hot off the press - September DOT data

19 carriers on report...
On-time - 10th place
MBRs - 6th place
Complaints - 19th place

Or, if you want to put the "executive spin" on things, you can filter out whatever carriers you want:

On-time:
Hawaiian
Frontier
Pinnacle
Northwest
Southwest
AirTran
Alaska
Skywest
Delta
US Airways

MBRs
AirTran
Northwest
Hawaiian
Continental
Frontier
US Airways

Complaints:
ExpressJet
Southwest
Frontier
Mesa
Pinnacle
Alaska
Skywest
Atlantic Southeast
American Eagle
Hawaiian
Northwest
AirTran
Continental
American
Delta
United
Comair
jetBlue
US Airways

p.s. We've been round and round about the definition of each complaint category. US had more Customer Service and RES/Ticketing/Boarding complaints than any other airline - even those that enplane many, many more customers.

Historically, the vast majority of the complaints in both of those categories have been about how employees interact with customers.

Normally it's not a problem to get the choice seat refunded, but the refunds department handles it not rez. The only time its a problem is when the passenger is moved and the manifest hasn't been updated. If the refunds department can't prove the seat number the passenger was moved to, then they can't issue a refund.

Which just proves my point that US has set up their draconian fee structure in such a way that it has the potential to produce more complaints than ever. If I paid extra for a "choice seat," and for whatever reason US is unable to fulfill their end of the bargain and allow me to sit in the seat for which I paid, and then makes it not even worth my time to chase down my refund.......I am going to be really ticked off.

I can only imagine how US is handling situations when a customer is involuntarily moved from an aisle "choice seat" to a middle "choice seat." That customer may have preferred a free aisle seat in the nosebleed section to a courtside middle seat, and I'll bet you a $2 bottle of water that this customer will be told by US's Refunds department to go pound sand.

Did anyone notice this in todays triplle play blurb?

"The primary reason for complaints is our inability to gracefully recover from irregular operations, such as severe weather and ATC issues. To bring us up to par, we’ll implement a multi-point service recovery improvement plan in 2009."

Sounds like a new attack on the Irregular Ops front. Iw ould like to see us more proactive the reactive.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! :up:

now i want all of you to envision a picture of George bush giving the thumbs up .... :down:

we failed ... and we lost money!!!!!! noooooooooooooo!!!!! :eek: i could have had an extra 50-100 dollars more this month , but NOOO thanks to all of you , and myself (because hey we're a team) we didn't make the cut .....

We need to focous on NOVEMBER .... because that way we can have extra money in DECEMBER , who doesn't have gifts to buy eh ? so please , from and for all of us here ,everyone work harder ... harder i tell you harder! :angry:

lol but yeah like for real , lets not drop the ball THIS month .

We need to focous on NOVEMBER .... because that way we can have extra money in DECEMBER

Hate to burst your bubble, but the next DOT report (December) will cover the month of October, not November. November's results will be in the January DOT report.

Jim

Nothing says you won't get some/all the triple play money next month, it just won't be based on how hard you work (or cheer everyone else on) this month.

Jim

Did I read the info wrong or are they eliminating the individual Triple Play payments for 2009 and paying only if all three goals are met? Consumer Complaints....no way U ever going to get to the top in that catagory!! Get they got tire of shelling out the extra $50 or very seldom $100 each month.

Did anyone notice this in todays triplle play blurb?

"The primary reason for complaints is our inability to gracefully recover from irregular operations, such as severe weather and ATC issues. To bring us up to par, we’ll implement a multi-point service recovery improvement plan in 2009."

Sounds like a new attack on the Irregular Ops front. Iw ould like to see us more proactive the reactive.
SHARES/QIK

Unless you are using the "fuzzy math" that excludes the "other" carriers from the DOT's report. So, having not seen internal spin,
2/3 of USAiways is Express with mutable carriers no matter how you slice it

it’s time to go from worst , to number FIVE …

Our consumer complains have landed us at the bottom of the pile long enough … this holiday season we must all ,each and everyone commit ourselves to brining our A game to our passengers , if that means fake smiles all around , then let’s see those grins !!!

Now that we’ve entered November , lets take a moment and refocus ourselves … This month we want to once again improve our on-time arrivals and MBR so that we land in the top three for both rankings ….

Part of our structural problem here at this company is we react rather than act …. You know it would be nice if half way through this month the company posted up some sort of metric whereby EVERY worker could see how our performance is coming along ranked against say our best performance of this year … and I’m not talking about some out of the way posting on a wall , I’m talking about flyers poster everywhere so it sinks in (large numbers on one sheet of paper ) , so that people can let that reminder sink in of what we’re striving for …. ( money hehe )

Anyways , let’s make this a November for the DOT to remember!

(p.s anyone know how we did for last month ?)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: