What AA F/a's Are Saying About Furlough

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a nicer note...if there is one. Those of you being furloughed on October 1st have the new Cobra law thanks to the stimulus package. Instead of paying full for Cobra you pay only 35%. This is a better deal than you will find anywhere else on your own, that and the extended unemployment benefits should cushion things a bit...

No benefits....If you want to keep your insurance you must pay the Cobra. In my case it was approximately $1100 per month. You must also keep making APFA payments.
And we do keep our flight "privilages" but we get billed for those also. Most don't use them unless they are single and can ride jumpseat as the expense of being stranded in an airport for three days can add up to more than the price of a cheap ticket these days. I usually buy & fly JetBlue regular passenger fares...

No benefits....If you want to keep your insurance you must pay the Cobra. In my case it was approximately $1100 per month. You must also keep making APFA payments.
And we do keep our flight "privilages" but we get billed for those also. Most don't use them unless they are single and can ride jumpseat as the expense of being stranded in an airport for three days can add up to more than the price of a cheap ticket these days. I usually buy & fly JetBlue regular passenger fares...

Oh, so you do have insurance, you just have to pay more for it. What happens to a flt attendants seniority when they are not flying? Yeah, travel is a real challenge these days - love Jet Blue.

Oh, so you do have insurance, you just have to pay more for it. What happens to a flt attendants seniority when they are not flying? Yeah, travel is a real challenge these days - love Jet Blue.
That is what probably causes the most sour grapes....they keep all seniority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts