What AMT's drive:

Sweet. My wife's dream car is a 69 with the NAACP (I think) color scheme white with the orange stripe.

Not AMT but I drive a 1987 Mercedes 190E Cosworth. It's a limited edition. I'll post a pic later.

MY Camaro belonged to my Mother-In law. She bought it new, I bought it from her estate after she pass, and am the second owner.

Ms Tree said:
Sweet. My wife's dream car is a 69 with the NAACP (I think) color scheme white with the orange stripe.

Not AMT but I drive a 1987 Mercedes 190E Cosworth. It's a limited edition. I'll post a pic later.
Nice!------ I've seen a older 350SL, in real nice shape,  down in the V.I. Will stop and try and find the owner next time I'm down there.

Ms Tree said:
Is yours a numbers matching? Any mods?
All numbers match. All original. -------- But it isn't your typical Camaro.It is a 250 six cylinder, with a "Torque drive" semi- automatic transmisson. Shefter on the colume. GM only produced this transmission for two years, 1968, and 1969. Only put them behind six cylinder engines, and  only in Camaro's, and Nova's.

[qote name="MCI transplant" post="1083964" timestamp="1399248606"]Beatiful!!! I always did liked that Mercedes Grill![/quote]

Thanks. It's a limited production. Only about 2,200 were brought to THE US in 86 and 87. It's got a a Cosworth head with 4 valves per cylinder. Hydraulic rear suspension. LSD. Close ratio steering. Recaro buckets. The preferred transfer was the 5 speed with a dog leg first. Mine has a 4 speed slush box which I regret but such is life. The thing that makes mine a bit more rare is that it's a Euro spec Mercedes. Made for Europe but I brought it here to the US and had it federalized. Had it since 1989.

Ms Tree said:
[qote name="MCI transplant" post="1083964" timestamp="1399248606"]Beatiful!!! I always did liked that Mercedes Grill!

Thanks. It's a limited production. Only about 2,200 were brought to THE US in 86 and 87. It's got a a Cosworth head with 4 valves per cylinder. Hydraulic rear suspension. LSD. Close ratio steering. Recaro buckets. The preferred transfer was the 5 speed with a dog leg first. Mine has a 4 speed slush box which I regret but such is life. The thing that makes mine a bit more rare is that it's a Euro spec Mercedes. Made for Europe but I brought it here to the US and had it federalized. Had it since 1989.

[/QUOTE]"Federalized" that must be a story in itself! ------- For those that don't know about this, the U.S. has differant saftey standards than Europe, Therefore, all cars brought into the U.S., that were manufactured outside the U.S,. has to be brought to U.S. standards.------ Can be a hard thing to do sometime, depending on the car.-------- The black plate is the original, all plates stay with the cars in Calif., not so here in Mo. In fact the dealer plate frame, is also the original. That Chevy dealer is out of business.

Latest posts

Back