Time To Quit Hoping And Complaining

dreese said:
I agree with seed the time to debate which unions better is over for now, they all suck in my mind. Its time to ban together and fight these companys that are raping us. put this debate on hold about which union is better and lets stand as one in all airlines and say no more
[post="238213"][/post]​

Yeah right,

Like the Pilots are going to stand with us and let their sacred cow pensions hit the toilet.

There is plenty of proof that not is the AFL-CIO the strength in numbers organization it has professed to be.

There is plenty of proof that Pilots will sell out other employees of the airlines to save their own pensions.

There is plenty of proof that even just the unions on AA property cannot "stand together" much less the entire industry.

While I agree the union vs union debate is not the answer to the current problem, one should remember that the AMFA vs TWU debate has been going of for years now, and their could have been a vote by the membership to decide the union vs union debate once and for all. Instead of supporting a membership unification vote, the TWU, AA, and the NMB teamed up to keep the division brewing, and then immediately Jim Little requested that we all come together as if nothing had happened. Screw Jim Little and the TWU. They wont let you have a legitimate vote on your contract terms, they wont let you choose the union of your choice, they wont let you vote on side letters of agreement, they wont let you recall local officers, they wont even let you remove a shop steward by petition of members.

I am not going to stand together with a other employees while being controlled by dictators and pretend that we can fight the problems.

Remove the dictator rule first, and then attempt to resolve other problems.

Anything less, is living in fantasy world while being subordinate to company union dicators that will sell you out next time, just as they have done time and time again in the past.

"Instead of supporting a membership unification vote, the TWU, AA, and the NMB teamed up to keep the division brewing, "

Decision, speculation runs rampant with this statement of yours. SHow proof that the TWU and AA formed an undeniable alliance with the NMB to keep the vote from occurring and I believe AMFA would have a law suit even they could win.

"Remove the dictator rule first, and then attempt to resolve other problems."

By the time this is accomplished you would not have to worry about a union, any union. There are those, namely TWU devotees, that would see AMFA as a dictatorship, shall we still wait to stand shoulder to shoulder?

Fantasy world or not Decision, the time to act is upon us.

seed said:
"Instead of supporting a membership unification vote, the TWU, AA, and the NMB teamed up to keep the division brewing, "

Decision, speculation runs rampant with this statement of yours.  SHow proof that the TWU and AA  formed an undeniable alliance with the NMB to keep the vote from occurring and I believe AMFA would have a law suit even they could win.

"Remove the dictator rule first, and then attempt to resolve other problems."

By the time this is accomplished you would not have to worry about a union, any union.  There are those, namely TWU devotees, that would see AMFA as a dictatorship, shall we still wait to stand shoulder to shoulder? 

Fantasy world or not Decision, the time to act is upon us.
[post="238554"][/post]​

There is a damn big difference between "teamed up" and undeniable alliance.

DO you know a guy named Johnson?

I never said you "should" wait either. I said, you dont have unity and therefore, you WILL wait. You obviously cannot understand that this isnt a choice you or I make. There is NO leadership, and the union sheep sure as hell are not going to mobilize without a leader. Like it or not, you will be waiting for that shoulder to shoulder whatever action you seem to think is going to take place. Talk about FANTASY WORLD. seed try looking at and facing the truth will ya? Get this, "THERE AINT GONNA BE ANY SHOULDER TO SHOULDER UNITY ACTION"!!!!!! GET IT?

Stop putting words in my mouth. I can speak for myself without the assistance of an industrial union sympathizer who is afraid to stand and take a position.

I'm not here to argue with you, or throw insults back and forth. You fight your battle, and I'll wage mine. BTW, my battle is not with you or any other union brother. Good luck in your venture.

twuer said:
Just like an amfa coward. Quit and run!!!!!!!! Anyone one else following in your "master's" footsteps???? Let me guess, a suggestion from Delle???
DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT!!!!!
[post="237629"][/post]​
The only people who need to watch out for the door are the ones who wait till its being closed on their a$$. A good exit strategy is a smart move not the cowardly act of waiting to be pink slipped or hanging around until your pay degrades to walmart wages! If a person wants to hang around and hope fate deals them a good hand more power to them.

Quit and run might be in your vocabulary but that wasn't the suggestion being made.

Back