What did the judge say?

"The union, in a presentation to be made on Saturday in bankruptcy court, wants the company to scale back its plan to invest between $3 billion and $4 billion over the next several years to dramatically expand its regional jet program."

This must be the "old" ALPA talking...still trying to wag the dog by the tail. The "new" ALPA knows now that it can't ignore the market place and attempt to"preserve" itself by ham-stringing the company's ability to compete . ALPA now realizes that this strategy will only lead the company to complete comptetive failure.....if they let the company thrive so to will they.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/28/2003 3:25:44 PM PineyBob wrote:

Hey be nice it's ALPA, not ALPO, besides to hear them tell it that's what they'll be eating. Try life as a single mom with 3 kids making about $22,000 counting child support.

ALPA needs to keep a perspective and that involves looking around at those less fortunate and counting your blessings.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Your assessment of ALPA’s moral turpitude for ungrateful “Whiney(ness)â€￾ in ingenious. Perhaps the judge will employ more acceptable conventions of law! Perhaps not!

Yes, you are right! The pilots should not boohoo on the message board (Though it doesn’t fortify their case, neither does it negate it, as some would surmise).

And as for the single moms with 3 kids, I hope they are not working for US Air, or their lot will certainly soon fare worse, notwithstanding the exceptional talent in high places retained by “modest [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/16.gif']incentives.â€￾ (As no doubt many single moms with 3 kids--some even on furlough--can attest.)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/28/2003 9:40:47 PM PineyBob wrote:

I just don't care for all of the hypocracy and failure to respond to the IAM and others when your conduct is called into account. Near as I can tell ALPA's record of solidarity and cooperation with other unions is less than perfect to be polite

----------------
[/blockquote]
kiss kiss. While your point about ALPA is valid, you can go right to the door of ALPA National and lay a huge piece of the blame( or whatever "goodie" you can dump there)....(Like say, a fully loaded manure spreader.)
However, Charlie Bryan had a good deal to do with the ultimate demise of Eastern.As I recall, he did not belong to ALPA. ( I know I know...all about Franky-Boy)
I used to ship cargo on EAL once in a while. You could never find a nicer group than the people I dealt with there. Although I was an infrequent customer, they always treated me like an old friend.

Pilots pull their pants on one leg at a time like everyone else does. MOST of them are nice guys with families they love and lawns they mow. They might have a few more toys than others do but why should they be penalized for that?
As I see it and happen to know....one of the problems is that pilots live all over the place and very few of them take part in ALPA meetings etc. It is not benign neglect; it is that they are on the road so much that when they do get home, flying from SEATAC back to PIT OR PHL isn't high on their list of things to do.
The type of people who get elected to (ALPA)office immediately go into closed door session that lasts their entire terms.
I think you will find MOST pilots disgusted with ALPA.....maybe more disgusted than you are. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/13.gif'] [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/13.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/1/2003 10:08:13 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

boy,coulda fooled me...sounds just like the IAM..
----------------
[/blockquote]

DellDude,

look at the irony here....they're all riled up and rightfully so.consumed with rage and wanting revenge...the international now knows this is only the tip of the iceberg for the rest of their industry.whats going on inside the minds of their leaders at ALPA int'l?
suddenly it comes to pass,THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW.
US alpa gets their VICTORY,thousands lives are changed forever and as bonus they(ALPA) end up with less (28k pbgc)than they would have gotten in the first place.pawns in another inane labor statement.