Big question for all AA unions

Fleet and the other five groups won't be abrogated.

M&R, Stores, APFA and APA will be evaluated alone. As an example only, it's possible that M&R, Stores, and APA could be abrogated, and APFA sent back for more discussions.

Is this your opinion or facts as they are written by the BK laws?

AS TO THOSE UNITS THAT VOTED YES TO ACCEPT THE LAST OFFER: Q. When does the offer actually go into effect?

A. First, the court has to ultimately approve the five agreements. This is certainly expected to happen, but there is no time set for this to occur. Second, TWU and AA have an understanding that the new agreements, even after court approval, will not go into effect until all the other union labor groups, (including M&R and Stores,) have resolved their 1113 bankruptcy asks. The groups that voted yes will not have to experience the concessions until all contract groups have completed their 1113 process, either by ratifying a deal or by having their contract rejected. All groups will be treated equally as to the start time of any concessions.

Q. What happens if another group gets a better overall ask than the one to which our bargaining unit agreed?

A. Through the "me-too" clause contained in the ratified contracts as well as pursuant to the understanding we have with AA, each group who voted yes will receive the same percentage reduction in their total give back amount as does any other bargaining group. However, AA maintains that all groups must still meet their full ask amounts.

Q. While we await the outcome of the 1113 process for the remaining bargaining units, what working conditions and terms do we work under?

A. We will still operate under the current existing TWU contract that we have been working under for years. There is no change in the status quo.

Q. When will the 1113 process be completed?

A. While the court has announced it will issue a ruling in early June, there is no way to actually know when the judge will issue a final order with regard to AA's 1113 motion to reject and cancel the contracts as to the other contract groups.

Q. Does our yes vote affect the pursuit of a possible US Airways merger by TWU and the other unions?

A. No, we remain very supportive of this possible merger.

Q. Will our TWU lawyers still present a case in bankruptcy court regarding the five units that voted yes?

A. No. By ratifying the last ask, each of those units ended the risk of the judge canceling their contract. New successor agreements have been tentatively reached awaiting court approval.

FOR THE TWO GROUPS THAT VOTED NO AND REJECTED THE LAST OFFER:

Q. Are the TWU lawyers still presenting the union case contesting AA's 1113 motion to reject the M&R and Stores collective bargaining agreements?

A. Yes.

Q. When will the judge issue his final ruling on AA's 1113 motion to reject our two contracts?

A. While the court indicated that its ruling is due in early June, there is no way to know exactly when the decision will issue.

Q. Will there be additional 1113 negotiations between TWU and AA before the judge rules on the motion seeking to reject our two contracts?

A. The judge has consistently encouraged all parties to negotiate and reach a consensual deal. He has even offered to have another judge informally assist the lawyers in the talks. The pilots and flight attendants have been in talks over the last week and are in front of us at this time. We anticipate that there will be more court settlement talks.

Q. If no settlement agreement is reached, what happens next?

A. We await the judge's final ruling on the 1113 motion to reject the two CBA's.

Q. If the judge does in fact reject our contracts, what terms will we then work under?

A. The terms of the AA March 22 1113 term sheet filed in court. (That term sheet does not include raises, the 401k match, profit sharing and other items including the return of pre-funding company contributions, if such is approved by the court).

Q. While the 1113 process keeps unfolding, are we still pursing the possible US Airways merger?

A. Yes, we are operating on multiple tracks and are very supportive of that possible merger.
Let's see here. If Overspeed copies and pastes from the (More time for Judge Lane thread) and was told "These key points were copied from company communication and do not contain facts, which is hardly surprising". then how can coping your post copied and pasted from company communications be the truth? Is there a double standard from a die-hard TWU supporter and a die-hard NON-TWU supporter?

the company filed seperate motions for the different work groups so yes its fact that he can rule on each motion differntly

Let's see here. If Overspeed copies and pastes from the (More time for Judge Lane thread) and was told "These key points were copied from company communication and do not contain facts, which is hardly surprising". then how can coping your post copied and pasted from company communications be the truth? Is there a double standard from a die-hard TWU supporter and a die-hard NON-TWU supporter?
Well this came from the TWU not the company but dont let facts get in the way. That being said I don't believe them either

Q. If the judge does in fact reject our contracts, what terms will we then work under?

A. The terms of the AA March 22 1113 term sheet filed in court. (That term sheet does not include raises, the 401k match, profit sharing and other items including the return of pre-funding company contributions, if such is approved by the court).

So one group will get the LBO and others the Term Sheet?? Doesn't seem Fair and Equitable and I do not see the court allowing that.. The TWU on the other hand will take from one group and give to another which has been proven time after time..

So one group will get the LBO and others the Term Sheet?? Doesn't seem Fair and Equitable and I do not see the court allowing that..

Sure it is - every group will have had a chance to negotiate and ratify a different contract modification than the term sheet. Would it be more fair to say that those groups who did reach a consensual agreement should be punished because some other group didn't?

Besides, I suspect that AA will be able to show that those consensual agreements contain about the same savings as the term sheets - rearranging the chairs on deck doesn't change the number of chairs.

Jim

Sure it is - every group will have had a chance to negotiate and ratify a different contract modification than the term sheet. Would it be more fair to say that those groups who did reach a consensual agreement should be punished because some other group didn't?

Besides, I suspect that AA will be able to show that those consensual agreements contain about the same savings as the term sheets - rearranging the chairs on deck doesn't change the number of chairs.

Jim

My point was not that the court will take from the groups that ratified but upon abrogation it will not allow M&R/Stores to receive less.. As far as the total cost how could the ASK and LBO be equal if two groups receive no raises, 401 match, profit sharing, etc.

I always read your posts Jim, as you bring good unbiased information..

well I have a question - how is it that the present agreement remains in force but the pension is frozen 3/17/2012??

The pension is still growing, when we finally make a deal, or get our contracts abrogated, they will be frozen at that time.

So one group will get the LBO and others the Term Sheet?? Doesn't seem Fair and Equitable and I do not see the court allowing that.. The TWU on the other hand will take from one group and give to another which has been proven time after time..

I guess the "ME TOO" clause only works in one direction
If the judge abrogates our contract we work under the original term sheet no raises no profit sharing etc. As we continue to negotiate a deal the title groups that voted yes get what we negotiate also...
Got to love it...

I guess the "ME TOO" clause only works in one direction
If the judge abrogates our contract we work under the original term sheet no raises no profit sharing etc. As we continue to negotiate a deal the title groups that voted yes get what we negotiate also...
Got to love it...

the terms stay in place till we either negotiate a new deal, get released from the NMB and more than likely end up in a PEB.

Latest posts