What Do Nw Flt Crews Think?

HPearlyretiree said:
Wow, I touched a nerve!

Do you guys ever feel guilty for going to someone's private residence and carrying on like that? Is it fair to his neighbors or kids?

Now, before you answer, no answering with a question.

Really, do the unions engender ANY good will by doing this sort of thug action?

If I lived next to this guy and I saw a bunch of goons out there, I'd have the cops on you in a minute for disrupting the peace.

As for my status, I retired early because I wanted to, so I could go into a non union industry and make money for myself.

You guys have blinders on, the large majority of the nation is non union, and doesn't go out and picket people's houses, defaming them by name to their neighbors.

Civilized people don't do that crap.
[post="300577"][/post]​

No guilt at all. In fact its quite enjoyable letting their neighbors know what low life scum they have living next to them. Much the same as they should know if a sex offender lived next to them. If they were so worried about their character then they should have thought twice before becoming a scab. I wasnt aware that performing a peaceful protest was illegal, so go ahead and call the cops and then they can tell you the same thing.

As far as his children are concerned, Im sure it sucks for them to learn their parent is a low life scum but lifes a ####. Maybe it will be a good lesson for them to learn in life. They can now look at their parent and think gee of all the families to be born into i had to be born into one that had a scum sucking parent in it.

Like i said earlier, Lifes a ####, live with it or find a new life.

that sort of job action is also illegal, and parties involved can be sued. it is illegal to harass individuals. during a strike. strikers are allowed to protest peacefully with signs at designated strike areas. taking pictures of people and posting them is also illegal unless you have their permission. i think a lot of the bullying tactics come from the frustrations of walking a picket line day after day and not seeing any results, and it's understandable

Pathetic.

So, evidently it would be OK for NW Managers finding the names of the poorest performing mechanics, and setting up a picket at his house, telling everyone that the person living there is a bad mechanic.

Hmm?

Or is intimidation and thuggery only allowed by unions? :lol:

HPearlyretiree said:
Pathetic.
So, evidently it would be OK for NW Managers finding the names of the poorest performing mechanics, and setting up a picket at his house, telling everyone that the person living there is a bad mechanic.

Hmm?

Or is intimidation and thuggery only allowed by unions? :lol:
[post="300635"][/post]​

If that is the case HP im sure there would have been a few pickets outside of your home. Your the pathetic one here.

If I was the neighbor and I had a kid, I would tell him "See that? Those are dinosaurs from a long ago age, back when unions meant something and intimidation and stalking were tolerated, we have come a long way since then!"

No excuse for this kind of activity, by anyone. :down:

chasbatl said:
If that is the case HP im sure there would have been a few pickets outside of your home. Your the pathetic one here.
[post="300637"][/post]​

You evade the question with your personal attacks. Is doing this the right thing to do? Do you condone this kind of activity? Or do you just condone it for the union?

Is the union above the law on this?

In your heart, you know this is wrong.

Scabs are scum, they deserve no consideration whatsoever. Boo hoo hoo someone might think bad about them, who cares! While your talking to your child about those dinosaurs dont forget to include, without those dinosaurs we would all be making minimum wage with no benefits.

Quit hiding behind rhetoric.

Is this kind of intimidation the right thing to do?

I sure as hell hope you guys had the right address!

HPearlyretiree said:
Is this kind of intimidation the right thing to do?
[post="300645"][/post]​

Intimidation? Quite the opposite. It is making a public statement about someone who is scum. Read into it however you like but dont forget these people all brought it on themselves. AMFA didnt make force them to do anything, unlike NW.

You sure are spinning aren't you?

Is it ok then for anyone, or any group, for any reason to go and picket someone's house and defame them?

Is that how a civilized society works?

You can hide behind names like scab and scum, but you do that to avoid answering the questions.

stockinluv said:
that sort of job action is also illegal, and parties involved can be sued. it is illegal to harass individuals. during a strike. strikers are allowed to protest peacefully with signs at designated strike areas. taking pictures of people and posting them is also illegal unless you have their permission. i think a lot of the bullying tactics come from the frustrations of walking a picket line day after day and not seeing any results, and it's understandable
[post="300634"][/post]​

Quite the opposite is true, afterall I have already picketed the jackass in the White House with a BUSHWHACKER sign and nothing was said about it being illegal. I have seen people picket city council members houses when they allowed a Walmart to open up in their neighborhood. Newspapers post people pictures everyday without their permission. I have no problem with picketing their houses or posting pictured of the scum of the earth. So do you have any proof of what you stated is fact or are you just making this sh*t up.

Actually I thought the picketers in Anchorage looked down right polite on their picketing. Wasn't on the "replacement" worker's yard...just walking back and forth in the street picketing...but I guess more homes have guns in anchorage than a lot of other places.....automatic ones at that...

If you want a bigger laugh go to the local 5's websight and look at the church signs that say so and so is scab and so and so is this or that.

Came from a website that you pay to type in words, it generates it on the sign picture and emails you the jpeg.

Hopefully they photoshopped it :unsure:

Thinking a lot of the other ones must be photoshoped to, very blurry lines around the people if you look at it closely.

NWAMSP said:
Actually I thought the picketers in Anchorage looked down right polite on their picketing. Wasn't on the "replacement" worker's yard...just walking back and forth in the street picketing...but I guess more homes have guns in anchorage than a lot of other places.....automatic ones at that...

If you want a bigger laugh go to the local 5's websight and look at the church signs that say so and so is scab and so and so is this or that.

Came from a website that you pay to type in words, it generates it on the sign picture and emails you the jpeg.

Hopefully they photoshopped it :unsure:

Thinking a lot of the other ones must be photoshoped to, very blurry lines around the people if you look at it closely.
[post="300690"][/post]​

I do not alter my pictures.

ScabHunters-01.jpg

-BigE

HPearlyretiree said:
You sure are spinning aren't you?

Is it ok then for anyone, or any group, for any reason to go and picket someone's house and defame them?

Is that how a civilized society works?

You can hide behind names like scab and scum, but you do that to avoid answering the questions.
[post="300654"][/post]​

Feel free to picket my house.

Your 'Emil is not a SCAB'
signs will bring much joy and laughter to my working class neighborhood.

-BigE

AMFAMAN said:
Quite the opposite is true, afterall I have already picketed the jackass in the White House with a BUSHWHACKER sign and nothing was said about it being illegal. I have seen people picket city council members houses when they allowed a Walmart to open up in their neighborhood. Newspapers post people pictures everyday without their permission. I have no problem with picketing their houses or posting pictured of the scum of the earth. So do you have any proof of what you stated is fact or are you just making this sh*t up.
[post="300667"][/post]​

National Labor relations act of 1935 states:
Management does NOT have the right to…

* Make further bargaining with union contingent upon ending the strike.

* Deny vacation pay to strikers if it has been earned, but not taken.

* Offer super seniority to non-strikers.

Picketers/Union Rights

The National Labor Relations Act spells out those conditions under which workers can legally strike and picket. Within certain limits, they have the right to do this peacefully.

However, proper conduct on the part of strikers is strictly defined legally. Union officials and pickets do NOT have the right to…

* Prevent employees, suppliers or customers from entering or leaving a facility

* Interfere with any of the above people as they drive to or from work or home

* Bump, jostle or hit any of the above people while coming or going

* Damage vehicles or property that are passing through a picket line

* Block access to facilities with vehicles, barricades, glass, tacks, human chain, or any other means

* Carry sticks, clubs, chains, guns, or anything else that could be used as a
weapon, or pile bricks or stones nearby

* Threaten bodily harm to non-striking employees or their family members anywhere

* Carry out threats against or assault non-striking employees

* Attack the property of the company or of non-striking employees

* Trespass on the company’s property

* Threaten non-strikers with the loss of their jobs or seniority if the union wins

* Gather in such large numbers that they block entrance or exit from company property or obstruct public streets or sidewalks

Choosing a Security Firm

Should you rely on your in-house security personnel or current vendor to handle strike security?

In virtually all cases, the answer is no for two important reasons:

(1) Security is unlikely to have the specialized skills, knowledge and experience you need.

(2) Security personnel invariably have friendly personal relationships with employees who may go out on strike. This could lead to innocent “leaks†of vital information, hesitancy in carrying out orders, emotional reactions to taunts and other incidents, and problems that can linger well beyond the settlement of the labor dispute.

What do you look for in an outside security firm?

First, be sure you’re dealing with a company that specializes in providing security for companies during labor disputes. An ordinary “guard company†may do a good job under other circumstances but, like an in-house security force, it will not understand labor law, the psychology of picketing, how to cope with a wide range of threats, how to document infractions, and countless other particulars that may come into play.

Look for an outside security firm that:

* Has extensive experience providing labor dispute security

* Offers strong references from major clients

* Has a workforce of highly-trained personnel that is big enough to respond to any situation that may arise at your facility

* Uses only its own employees, not subcontractors

* Hires only those individuals with law enforcement and military background, clean records, and verified personal and employment references

* Trains personnel in every aspect of this specialized field, from communication and documentation to patrol procedures, from report writing to fire prevention, from dealing with violence to testifying in court, from property protection to first aid, with 40 hours of Pre-Employment Training

* Maintains highly professional appearance and conduct on the job

* Knows how to establish effective field command

* Offers specialized services such as bulletproof transportation, K-9 support, non-lethal weaponry, and sophisticated surveillance

* On alert 24/7, able to respond anywhere.

* Can help you in the pre-planning and post-action stages

* Maintains full insurance coverage

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Outsourced Strike Management Team

This team anticipates problems, works with you to draw up comprehensive plans, deploys security personnel effectively, guides management and workers through crises, earns the respect of the opposition, does post-action assessments… and then leaves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conduct During a Strike

When a strike or labor dispute actually occurs, there will be many specifics management and workers should be mindful of in order to conduct business safely and efficiently. Here are some general guidelines.

Dos & Don’ts for Management

Do…

… tell union employees they have a right to come back to work and that you will provide security for them if they choose to do so.

… tell union employees the company will continue operating and may hire replacement workers under certain circumstances (not an unfair labor practice strike, etc) and they can lose their jobs.

… use an incident log and witness statements to document any violations by union officials or strikers.

… keep a written record of non-union workers’ communications regarding whether or not they will report to work, and why, and give these records to your human resources department.

… ask workers if they are being harassed in any way.

Back