What If We Could Change The Course Of Our Futures?

Aug 22, 2002
www.usaviation.com
What if we could change the course of our futures?
What if a court ruled the April 16th vote illegal?
What if a court reversed our contract back to Sept.12, 2001?
What if a court put us back into negotiations with AAL
and told us to start all over again and come up with a
contact negotiated in "good faith?"

What would you do?

This was a question posed by a friend, I would love to see your thoughts.

I used to be an American Airlines flight attendant, furloughed July 2. . .

ruthbuzze.jpg

The future is always changable. I think the question is what if we could change the past. If that be the case the most prominent would be tp somehow prevent 9/11.
There would have been less lay-offs and most everyone would be happier. Even the ex-TWAers because most received a $5 to $6 /hr raise. An extra $250 /wk sure would help ease the seniority pain. Again with little or no lay-offs.
I had always felt an across the board a 2 to 3 yr spli would have been fair.

WingNaPrayer said:
"What if" is for politicians. People in the real world don't have time to consider "what if" as they are too busy dealing with what "is."

WNP
The question was asked because there is a possibility of a review. . .slim maybe, but possible. If some of the suits are successful, even partially, what changes could be made . . . .

Your glib answer makes light of a serious question

The future is always changable. I think the question is what if we could change the past.

DFWCC
We can not change the past, but we may be able to improve the future, any suggestions?

One thing's for sure: no amount of wishing upon a lawsuit star is going to bring you back from furlough.

But an uptick in business for AA just might.

It's your free time, so think about what might have been if you want. If I were in your shoes, however, I'd be thinking about the next negotiation, not thinking about changing the past.

You can't change the past, and nothing you do will change the future, the only change you have control of is the road/path/obstacles you choose along the way to your future, and how you handle them.

Nothing any judge does is going to change what has already happened, you can never make it go away and nothing in the mind of any furloughed employee will ever make them whole again.

The only thing you CAN control is the here and now, but only if you pay attention to it and stop pipe-dreaming about what the future would have been like had certain things, which remain unchangeable, never taken place.

No matter what the judge may do, he'll be retired before the appeals process is done :rolleyes:

FWAAA said:
One thing's for sure: no amount of wishing upon a lawsuit star is going to bring you back from furlough.

But an uptick in business for AA just might.

It's your free time, so think about what might have been if you want. If I were in your shoes, however, I'd be thinking about the next negotiation, not thinking about changing the past.
The post had nothing to do with being furloughed or recalled. It had everything to do with a job being worth coming back to.

This mess is locked for almost six years. This is also not about future negotiations, although that is something that everyone needs to be working on.

And again, as I have said before, "you can not change the past". . ..

I know the best time for a union to have any control or input is when a company is making a profit. They don't want anything to disturb that, not when the company is losing, well, how much more can they lose?

I also realize that for every improvment that may be regained, the company will try to realize the cost of that back. . .more furloughs? But this could end up back at a bargaining table and with a mediator. . .that was the thrust of the post.

I always hated having to explain a joke, if someone didn't get it, it is best to move on, because even after explaining it, the joke is not funny anymore. Maybe this applies here. The big difference is, this is not a joke, and not funny. . . .

Thanks for taking the time to respond though.

WingNaPrayer said:
You can't change the past, and nothing you do will change the future, the only change you have control of is the road/path/obstacles you choose along the way to your future, and how you handle them.

Nothing any judge does is going to change what has already happened, you can never make it go away and nothing in the mind of any furloughed employee will ever make them whole again.

The only thing you CAN control is the here and now, but only if you pay attention to it and stop pipe-dreaming about what the future would have been like had certain things, which remain unchangeable, never taken place.

No matter what the judge may do, he'll be retired before the appeals process is done :rolleyes:
WP
you sound like your stuck in predestination?? :rolleyes:

Latest posts