What Next?

madders said:
The judge ruled ..you have a few days to decide on a contract or take the one which will be given to you ...I can only bet which one will be worse ....

I am betting that CCY have a plan to be implemented in 10 days if you doofus walk off.. If not shame on them especially after christmas mess up so I doubt that IAM can shut down the airline...

Here is a possibility of what I hear can happen..
Usairways can bring in say for example a company like Stambaugh Aviation to take over the staffing at Usairways base in clt and so on.
Because a company like this have trained faa approved mech..right
I doubt these sites are SIDA protected and even if they are..there only need to be a badge agent with 10ft of the worker...get the picture...

As for Fleet ...well anybody can count bags and pack ULD or whatever the container is that is used on 767 and 330 and then load planes...they can even contract it out to a company called GATT...

And before you say it ....doing a background check can be done on a honest person within 48hrs ..

So if what I say above is possible you IAM do not have a chance to shut down the airline..
[post="236525"][/post]​

all your diatribe seems to hold water until you weigh in the pre-strike threat free publicity graciously provided free of charge by local and national media.
get back to me about ticket sales..... B)

delldude said:
all your diatribe seems to hold water until you weigh in the pre-strike threat free publicity graciously provided free of charge by local and national media.
get back to me about ticket sales..... B)
[post="236604"][/post]​

And you wonder why union membership is in
decline. This is a typical example of a knee-jerk
childish response from a union member who
has just lost his game of kick ball and is
threatening to take his ball and go home.

Get over it. Move on. The IAM and it's members
are too late. The AFA and CWA have already
tried the strike threat tactic and it was proven
to be rhetoric and nothing else. There is no
credibility left in the strike threat. Besides,
replacement workers and outsourcing are waiting
in the wings and it is doubtful that any disruption
will occur to the operations if the IAM members
walk.

As for future bookings, there could be a small
drop if the IAM decides to go down this road,
but once things have been concluded on Jan. 21,
bookings will pick up again and nobody will
remember the idle threats.

Sorry Dude.

Justaramper said:
If I am reading correctly, the company proposal will allow displaced M&R employees to bid for fleet service jobs, even though it has been stated, ad nauseum, on this site, that 141 (fleet) and M&R (142) have NOTHING to do with one another - separate contracts, negotiating teams, etc. And again, the IAM will blame the membership.
The basic intent of this may be to allow then to "bid" on FS jobs, before people are hired from the streets. I highly doubt if they will carry any senority or pay with them to do this, it will be a starting over position.

Sure, they may have paid dues to the IAM, but FS is not the dumping grounds for all other classifications. You have NO time in the classification, you start at the bottom of the list

Article 7 {A,B& C}

Yes vote here, no other options available...
[post="236594"][/post]​
last minute deal to carry seniority?......all mech's w/16 yrs coming on down....

SpinDoc said:
And you wonder why union membership is in
decline. This is a typical example of a knee-jerk
childish response from a union member who
has just lost his game of kick ball and is
threatening to take his ball and go home.

Get over it. Move on. The IAM and it's members
are too late. The AFA and CWA have already
tried the strike threat tactic and it was proven
to be rhetoric and nothing else. There is no
credibility left in the strike threat. Besides,
replacement workers and outsourcing are waiting
in the wings and it is doubtful that any disruption
will occur to the operations if the IAM members
walk.

As for future bookings, there could be a small
drop if the IAM decides to go down this road,
but once things have been concluded on Jan. 21,
bookings will pick up again and nobody will
remember the idle threats.

Sorry Dude.
[post="236623"][/post]​
hickory dickory,doc......
you , dude should read the tea leaves and come out of that little house once in awhile....
ticky sales are plummeting.....there is a fare war on once again and we are the target......we don't have deep pockets anymore hickory dickory doc ..... this is the ideal time and market place to put U down forever and its starting.......
so once again we rape,murder and pilage our employees pocketbooks and when we emerge once again, we're going to be selling airfare at a loss......
so tell me hickory dickory doc whos got their head where the sun don't shine???