What Next?

goodstew said:
ask yourself if you would be happier at this time next year if there were no USAirways. Put us all out of our misery - Please! The flight attendants were not brave enough to do it. Shut it down.
[post="236307"][/post]​

MR GOOSTEW:

YOUR STATEMENT IS TOO SELFISH ,ME,ME,ME,ME,ME,ME,ME,........
OUT PLEASURE CAN YOU HAVE PUTTING 30K COWORKERS IN THE STREET?

I WILL VOTE YES AND TAKE WHAT THE COMPANY OFFERS, IF I DONT LIKE IT I WILL QUIT. ( by voting yes i give a chance to the other coworkers (seniors) that are too old,close to retirement, the faithful and believers to persue their goal, i wil be out if i CHOOSE.
IF I VOTE NO: i will get my wish but i will olso deny the faithful and believers their right to seek their goal..
IN MAY OPINION; THE BEST CHOICE IS TO VOTE YES, WHETHER i AXED OR NOT.
I FEEL ,IF I AM BEING LAYDOFF AND VOTE NO IS NOT GOING TO PREVENT MY FOURLOUGH AND I WILL HELP DENY THE OTHER COWORKERS THE CHANCE TO STAY IF THEY WANT. if there is a chance for usair to survive is to vote yes, and FULLY cooperate, U MAY SURVIVE.... YOU NEVER KNOW.

A FRIEND.- :)

LONG LIVE USAIRWAYS :up: :up:

SpinDoc said:
All:

I believe what we are seeing is that the
majority of the union represented
employees actually want to keep their
jobs, and as always, the minority
naysayers have been defeated.
[post="236316"][/post]​
SpinDog what I think your seeing as the majority of union represented
employees voting on a T/A that gives them a chance to get out with the possability of putting some money in their pockets and the chance of moving on with their lives. If the company's smart they'll up the anty being offered to the mechanics and related otherwise this company's a goner.

Everyone on the property knows its better to leave with some severence and get unemployment than to have the company fold.

madders said:
All I have to say is that IAM held out to the inevitable...
They did not lose they gain some respect for having balls....
The only way now that IAM will lose is by losing integrity.....
Yes some of you may lose jobs ...but why be selfish and bring down thousands with you ? It is better that some of you keep your job and have the rest of us thank you for your sacrifices..surely your sacrifice will be honoured by other firms welcoming you than pushing you away if you vote against the TA and the judges ruling upheld and you
walk off the job and cause the company to liquidate.
[post="236317"][/post]​
PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :down: :angry:

If its anything like any of the rumored proposals, I'll vote NO. Preparing to bail from this floundering company. All IAM employee's have been shafted by the judge, just wonder which group gets it next time now that a precident has been set? :down:

Spindoc and madders, stop telling people what to do and quit trying to make them feel guilty for doing what they feel they have to do. You are the selfish one for asking them to give up their jobs to keep someone elses if not your own intact.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
The IAM Mechanics at U.S.Air should be walking off the job NOW! If they aren't, then they are "scabs" who are insulting the IAM mechanics at Eastern that put it all on the line in 1989! Waiting till a Jan. 21 vote talley just won't cut it. Is the IAM the Fighting Machinists or the Frightened Machinists? Don't be like the TWU "sheep" over here at AA. The time to strike is NOW!
[post="236318"][/post]​

Now, I don't care what anyone says.
That's funny.

The current IAM contracts are being
honored by the company until voting
is completed Jan 21. If they walked
off the job now, they would be conducting
an illegal strike. The union militants really
should think before inciting something
that is not necesary at this time.

usairways_vote_NO said:
Spindoc and madders, stop telling people what to do and quit trying to make them feel guilty for doing what they feel they have to do. You are the selfish one for asking them to give up their jobs to keep someone elses if not your own intact.
[post="236329"][/post]​

Yeah. Okay brother. You're the one who
is advocating the ultimate "selfish" act
by putting everyone on the street. The
greater good is the purporse of a union.
Don't let your own selfish opinions get
in the way of the greater good.

SpinDoc said:
Now, I don't care what anyone says.
That's funny.

[post="236330"][/post]​

Whats funny is that PK, Bob Owens and several others have taken the time to stop their TWU/AMFA bickering on the AA/Labor forums to tell the US/IAM mechanics what they should do. :shock:
Arent there some givebacks to discuss on the AA boards and why arent the AA sheep striking?

Hey I agree with you! Over here at TWU scab world(AA), we have been trying to get these so called unionists to act like a union and DO SOMETHING to stop this consession train. Trouble is our Union and the Company over here are the same thing. Why do you think we have a fight going on for representation here at AA. Somebody in this industry has got to take a stand or even employees at outfits like Southwest will be not be immune to the consessionares diease!

How many mechanics do we have here? I know SWA has about 1400 to 1500 for 400+ airplanes I guess we should be close to that, maybe less but also considering we have more types.

SpinDoc said:
Yeah. Okay brother. You're the one who
is advocating the ultimate "selfish" act
by putting everyone on the street. The
greater good is the purporse of a union.
Don't let your own selfish opinions get
in the way of the greater good.
[post="236331"][/post]​

I am advocating the right to vote as you seem fit. Last time I checked we could do that.

Ok brother if you want to look at the "greater good" then look at the bigger picture that all the USAirways employees wanting to keep usairways going are harming all the employees of every other airline that are trying to survive. Let it go man help the other airline employees out.

Through all of the negotiations the iam has told its members nothing of what is being negotiated. All I hear and read is the same old pre-prepared lawyer jargon that says the same old thing. NOTHING. Do I pay dues to hear nothing from who is supposed to represent me? NO! I pay dues to know what is going on with my livelihood. Since the iam continues to be so secretive about negotiations I'm glad the judge got rid of their sorry azzes. I don't work for the iam, they are supposed to work for me. A lot of work I've seen for my money. Thank you Judge for doing what needed to be done to the iam. Let them now go and find some other dues paying suckers to line their pockets.

For all of my fellow employees that intend to stick behind USAir for better or worse, let's show management what true hardworking and capable employees can do if given the chance. If only the judge could get rid of some of the management azzes that don't know or care about the dedicated employees that will be left once the iam takes a hike.

Ramp R., for over 30 yrs I have been showing management what "I can do." I've busted my butt, donated my physical well being, and look at where it has gotten me. Piedmont pension being disolved (?)...medical after retirement (?) [if available, at what cost?] and until I can get out the door, WalMart wages.
Shut her down. My vote will be NO.

luvthe9 said:
How many mechanics do we have here? I know SWA has about 1400 to 1500 for 400+ airplanes I guess we should be close to that, maybe less but also considering we have more types.
[post="236343"][/post]​

this is just pit...10 months ago....279 a/c....

The IAM represents about 1,900 local mechanics and related maintenance workers. Another 800 or so are currently on layoff, with 70 more slated for layoff next month, said the union.

go figure...

:down: