28yrsnojob said:
I vote no
[post="236492"][/post]​

You have every right to do so. As we all
know, the negative posters on this forum
are the minority, and a no vote from
the minority will not make much difference
anyway. Vote away Mr. negative!

For those of you that want to vote NO, the easiest way to do that is to just walk away and don't come back. That is the fastest way for you to send in your NO vote. USAir doesn't owe you anything but a paycheck for the weekly hours you put in, and you don't owe USAir anything. If you are so unhappy with USAir just leave. Try asking your beloved iam brothers for a job and see how far it gets you. Don't be surprised when the iam raises your dues for screwing you over.

Ramp Rogue said:
Through all of the negotiations the iam has told its members nothing of what is being negotiated. All I hear and read is the same old pre-prepared lawyer jargon that says the same old thing. NOTHING. Do I pay dues to hear nothing from who is supposed to represent me? NO! I pay dues to know what is going on with my livelihood. Since the iam continues to be so secretive about negotiations I'm glad the judge got rid of their sorry azzes. I don't work for the iam, they are supposed to work for me. A lot of work I've seen for my money. Thank you Judge for doing what needed to be done to the iam. Let them now go and find some other dues paying suckers to line their pockets.

For all of my fellow employees that intend to stick behind USAir for better or worse, let's show management what true hardworking and capable employees can do if given the chance. If only the judge could get rid of some of the management azzes that don't know or care about the dedicated employees that will be left once the iam takes a hike.
[post="236410"][/post]​

I wish they had these boards back when EAL and Pan Am were around. No doubt they too had their "true believers". It did them a lot of good.

The judge ruled ..you have a few days to decide on a contract or take the one which will be given to you ...I can only bet which one will be worse ....

I am betting that CCY have a plan to be implemented in 10 days if you doofus walk off.. If not shame on them especially after christmas mess up so I doubt that IAM can shut down the airline...

Here is a possibility of what I hear can happen..
Usairways can bring in say for example a company like Stambaugh Aviation to take over the staffing at Usairways base in clt and so on.
Because a company like this have trained faa approved mech..right
I doubt these sites are SIDA protected and even if they are..there only need to be a badge agent with 10ft of the worker...get the picture...

As for Fleet ...well anybody can count bags and pack ULD or whatever the container is that is used on 767 and 330 and then load planes...they can even contract it out to a company called GATT...

And before you say it ....doing a background check can be done on a honest person within 48hrs ..

So if what I say above is possible you IAM do not have a chance to shut down the airline..

Ramp Rogue said:
For those of you that want to vote NO, the easiest way to do that is to just walk away and don't come back. That is the fastest way for you to send in your NO vote. USAir doesn't owe you anything but a paycheck for the weekly hours you put in, and you don't owe USAir anything. If you are so unhappy with USAir just leave. Try asking your beloved iam brothers for a job and see how far it gets you. Don't be surprised when the iam raises your dues for screwing you over.
[post="236515"][/post]​
I vote @#$ NO , ramp rat , I mean rogue!!!! :shock:

Ramp Rogue said:
[post="236515"][/post]​

If you stay long enough the USAir management will have you working for free.What a noble effort to "SAVE THE AIRLINE".
I would like to to thank the employees of USAir for setting the NEW standards for wages and benefits in the legacy airlines.

madders said:
The judge ruled ..you have a few days to decide on a contract or take the one which will be given to you ...I can only bet which one will be worse ....

I am betting that CCY have a plan to be implemented in 10 days if you doofus walk off.. If not shame on them especially after christmas mess up so I doubt that IAM can shut down the airline...

Here is a possibility of what I hear can happen..
Usairways can bring in say for example a company like Stambaugh Aviation to take over the staffing at Usairways base in clt and so on.
Because a company like this have trained faa approved mech..right
I doubt these sites are SIDA protected and even if they are..there only need to be a badge agent with 10ft of the worker...get the picture...

As for Fleet ...well anybody can count bags and pack ULD or whatever the container is that is used on 767 and 330 and then load planes...they can even contract it out to a company called GATT...

And before you say it ....doing a background check can be done on a honest person within 48hrs ..

So if what I say above is possible you IAM do not have a chance to shut down the airline..
[post="236525"][/post]​
Better book away FELLA , DREAM ON !!!

And who do you think you are showing?
who is going to suffer by usairways shutdown?

Gangwell left found a job making more than he made at usairways.
Siegel got another ceo job within a week of leaving usairways..

people in upper management have people called head hunters who goes out to find job for them my friend...believe me you not hurting them..you hurting yourselves ...

Usairways going under not going to hurt cairnes,glass etc resume
because they going to blame you guess it you duma$$ of the IAM who vote NO with the arrogance that you going to shutdown the company..

its almost laughable how dumb people can be///but I am not surprise..
Bush is president is he not

Reason

Bob Owens said:
I wish they had these boards back when EAL and Pan Am were around. No doubt they too had their "true believers". It did them a lot of good.
[post="236521"][/post]​

The mechanics and pilots at EAL walked off the job for a lot less crap than what USAir management is giving their employees. A lot of them wound up working at AA[because I work with some of them] and for about a 15 year run wound up being a better job than the one they walked off from at EAL.

I bet after this next round of concessions are implemented a AMT can make more at TIMCO,Singapore Air,or AAR than USAir.

The last company offer preserved mainline jobs only in the 7 focus cities.

This would force the other stations to vote NO, as express is not a viable option - you can make the same or more elsewhere, for less stress.

Unfortunately, the majority of votes are in the focus cities, and they will throw everyone else under the bus. Best of all, the IAM will blame the membership - "you voted for it."

If I am reading correctly, the company proposal will allow displaced M&R employees to bid for fleet service jobs, even though it has been stated, ad nauseum, on this site, that 141 (fleet) and M&R (142) have NOTHING to do with one another - separate contracts, negotiating teams, etc. And again, the IAM will blame the membership.

The bank shot I'd like to make. A No vote that would take U AND the IAM down.

I said, back in 2001, that U would eventually express all but a few stations - even though Chiames denied it.

And, I've said the IAM would throw fleet under the bus. They have. Allowing the colmpany's final proposal to come to a vote is FAR INFERIOR to what CWA negotiated for their agents - plain and simple.

usairways_vote_NO said:
I am advocating the right to vote as you seem fit. Last time I checked we could do that.

Ok brother if you want to look at the "greater good" then look at the bigger picture that all the USAirways employees wanting to keep usairways going are harming all the employees of every other airline that are trying to survive. Let it go man help the other airline employees out.
[post="236346"][/post]​

IMHO each employee must cast their vote based on what is in their best interest for themselves and their families. I'm thankful we at least have the opportunity to cast one.
As far as harming employees of other airlines trying to survive by voting yes, I have a different opinion. Falling on your sword for your comrades is a noble gesture in war; but I'm not sure if it applies here. Am I supposed to consider throwing away 21 years, and my livelihood (however meager it may be), so another airlines livelihood may be secure? Maybe. I don't know. I haven't decided yet. I don't mean to sound selfish; but what do I say to my family? I don't have a plan b. I do have a college degree; but I fear that it and a dollar bill won't buy me a cup of coffee. If the proposal has any resemblance to the last one we saw, my vote will be NO!!! But I just won't know until I see it. Good luck, best wishes, and God bless to all my union brothers and sisters.

The Lazarusman
FSA Lead
USAirways DFW

If I am reading correctly, the company proposal will allow displaced M&R employees to bid for fleet service jobs, even though it has been stated, ad nauseum, on this site, that 141 (fleet) and M&R (142) have NOTHING to do with one another - separate contracts, negotiating teams, etc. And again, the IAM will blame the membership.

The basic intent of this may be to allow then to "bid" on FS jobs, before people are hired from the streets. I highly doubt if they will carry any senority or pay with them to do this, it will be a starting over position.

Sure, they may have paid dues to the IAM, but FS is not the dumping grounds for all other classifications. You have NO time in the classification, you start at the bottom of the list

Article 7 {A,B& C}

Yes vote here, no other options available...

Latest posts