700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
September 3, 2004
File: USA-1

TO: All US Airways Grievance Committee Chairpersons and Contacts

SUBJECT: Comparisons

On August 31, 2004 a meeting was held with Senior Management of US Airways and representatives of the Grand Lodge Transportation Department; District Lodge 141 and District Lodge 142. At that meeting the Company presented to us the attached comparisons, which is enclosed for your information. Feel at liberty to distribute this material to the membership if you so desire.

Click on the link below for the comparisons.

US Airways Comparison

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely and fraternally,
William O'Driscoll
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRPERSON

it seems the only real savings would be from "outsourcing". I cant tell if they mean just the outsourcing the ramp or if they are mean maintenance.

This is about maintenance.

Notice they want to eliminate utility.

WOW, what a comparison chart. These guys think that the LCC'S are driving down their wages to.

F9

Swings mechanic 30+
Graves mechanic 31
Lead/INSP MECH 32+

Looks like F9 is right up there with the legacy carriers. How come they keep blaming the LCC's for their wages being cut? I'd Know that SWA is over 40, what is it at AIR TRAN and JET BLUE.

Looks like you got only bad management to blame for your wage cuts :down: , Not the LCC'S :up:

I find it hard to beleive that outsourcing heavy maint saves that much money annually, unless sts is doing them for free?

we dont need utlity.....needs of the many outway the needs and wants of the one ... the few!

Sure, do me a favor, hop in the lav truck and dump the lav on your next flight.

And someone has to clean the plane. And do me a favor you can go over to heavy maintenance and crawl into a wing fuel tank and clean it, or crawl into the hellhole in a 737 tail and clean up the skydrol leak.

And if it was not for the FAA you could be replaced by a coke machine in the galley.

(no disrespect to the many great FAs at US and on this board, this is aimed at one specific poster.)

And it is spelled U-T-I-L-I-T-Y

"we dont need utlity.....needs of the many outway the needs and wants of the one ... the few!"

Who knows, usfliboi, perhaps they don't need you!

PineyBob said:
For every one of you there are 20 immigrants ready willing & able to do your job for half the money.
[post="177441"][/post]​

Notice I am skipping the parts that were inflamatory?

Let's just say that Osama and his boys have taken away the ability of the 20 immigrents to pass 10-year background checks.

I'll leave the inflammatory parts to others.

Let's just say Ms. Manners would not approve of the way you described it and would suggest that acts of kindness are returned by acts of kindness and unkind acts can be returned by a Molotov Cocktail.

(Allleged) Truth can be delivered nicely, without hyperbole or ridicule. (The truth is I don't know that job and am not commenting on the skills required to do it.)

Be nice Bob. You have status involved here, they have jobs involved here.

Is it me, or is the company's math intentionally wrong in its presentation of its cost targets for the mechanics?

Take a look at the chart on the final page of the presentation linked above. The company's valuations of its several cost-savings initiatives under the "Transformation Plan" total $186 million, excluding Medical/Dental. What's highly suspect here is that while the company states that its plans are less generous than America West's and cost $12 million dollars per year less than America West's, the company counts the medical/dental plans against the IAM cost savings, even though the company proposes no change in those plans. Can someone from CCY explain exactly how and why this workgroup is penalized in its TP targets for already having an inferior, less expensive medical plan which will not be changed? And if memory serves, the same tactic was used in valuing the concessions from the other work groups as well.

Why is his beef always with the lav trucks?We could probably contract that out for 30 bucks per a/c.

"Why is his beef always with the lav trucks?We could probably contract that out for 30 bucks per a/c."

I guess he likes shite :)

Lets do the math, 30 bucks per plane, $17 a utility person per hour. Average Utility dumps 5 to 8 planes per bank.

5 planes at $30 per dump=$150
8 planes at $30 per dump=$240

You must be management if youw ant to spend $150 to $240 when you can get it for $17.

If you figger 17 per hr., which it's not, probably closer 28 when everything is added in. What does it coast to run the truck maintained by the motor shop. 20 per day? In gas alone the truck probably goes through that. The truck it self, 50K or so. There are airport fees, need a sticker on the back bummper. 1k per year or so? And the "tipping" fee. .50c per gallon? And there is insurance training,etc. 30 bucks too much, maybe we could get a contractor to do it for less that 30. Say 21 per a/c.
I understand where you're coming from, but the IAM messed up when the took in the "related". ALPA is a train wreck, but it represents just pilots. One less hassle.

Latest posts