What's the matter with proving citizenship to vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms Tree said:
How does a voter ID help prevent absent ballot fraud? According to the Republican lawyer group who conducted the study on 10 cases of voter ID fraud have been prosecuted from 2000-2010. How will voter ID laws help fix all the other cases of fraud?

Where I live, you have to be a registered voter first and second, one has to file for or request an absentee ballot by a certain date.

You must present ID in florida to vote, or your vote is provisional, until you do produce ID.
What kind of identification do I need to bring to the polls?
When you go to the polling place to vote, you will be asked to provide a current and valid picture identification with a signature. Approved forms of picture identification are: Florida driver's license; Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; United States passport; debit or credit card; military identification; student identification; retirement center identification; neighborhood association identification; and public assistance identification. (Section 101.043, F.S.) If the picture identification does not contain a signature, you will be asked to provide an additional identification with your signature.
http://election.dos.state.fl.us/gen-faq.shtml

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
Seems to me that who you support politically should be just as private as what happens in your bedroom, no? That's why we have the entire notion of a secret ballot. If people chose to disclose their politics, that's one thing. But where I choose to send my money is nobody else's business unless I want to disclose it.

What you do in your bedroom has no affect on anyone else.  However if you spend money on ads to influence the outcome of an election that does have an affect on everyone.  Therefore it is everyone's business. 

eolesen said:
Liberals have found public shaming based on campaign contributions to be a very successful tool. 

And if you disagree with conservatives you have your patriotism questioned.  Or in the case of Valerie Plame be outed as an agent for the CIA.

Ms Tree said:
How do you verify identity or citizenship with an absentee ballot?
Cute Trees!------ But you would have to provide a valid I.D. to get a ballot to begin with.This isn't rocket science here! The type of I.D. required in most States are numerous, and can be aquired easely. -------- Simple way to deal with this is to put your picture on your social security card. ( Bill Clinton)

Ms Tree said:
How do you verify identity or citizenship with an absentee ballot?

Its previously been established because one can't get an absentee ballot without filing for and having been previously registered with the state or county election bureau....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts