What's the matter with proving citizenship to vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
777 fixer said:

You don't live there, so why should you care?
Or to put it another way, as long as the fraud is perpetrated in a way that is beneficial to your political ideology, why should you care?    

Reactions: 1 person
777 fixer said:

You don't live there, so why should you care?
but I do live here and you or no one else when  an ID is required for some many basic things in life should not be needed to vote.

Why do so many republicans go on and on about voter fraud yet want to keep secret who's funding political ads?

Oh, probably because of small incidents like the Mozilla CEO firing, the IRS persecution of Tea Party contributors, and the Chick-Fil-A boycott?...

Liberals may hate it when NAACP v. Alabama is invoked during discussions about campaign donations, but it seems to be just as necessary now as it was back in 1958.

Reactions: 2 people
Is that what talk radio is saying.  As a freedom loving American don't you want to know if some freedom hating liberal billionaire is funding political attack ads?  

How does a voter ID help prevent absent ballot fraud? According to the Republican lawyer group who conducted the study on 10 cases of voter ID fraud have been prosecuted from 2000-2010. How will voter ID laws help fix all the other cases of fraud?

eolesen said:
Oh, probably because of small incidents like the Mozilla CEO firing, the IRS persecution of Tea Party contributors, and the Chick-Fil-A boycott?...Liberals may hate it when NAACP v. Alabama is invoked during discussions about campaign donations, but it seems to be just as necessary now as it was back in 1958.
Mobile is a private company who openly supports equality for gays. Should a private company not be allowed to hire and fire who they choose?

Chic file a was boycotted by the public for statements the COTUS made. How is that in any way related to what is being discussed? Does the public not have a right to boycott?

The examples of Mozilla and Chick-Fil-A and the IRS are entirely relevant: those people are being persecuted, intimidated, and retaliated against for their personal political beliefs, and not their professional conduct or violation of any laws.

Liberals have found public shaming based on campaign contributions to be a very successful tool. Yet, had that been found lawful behavior in the 1950's, the NAACP would have been killed off thru retaliation and intimidation. The civil rights movement as we know it may never have taken place.

You can't embrace the privacy of donor lists for one group, and deny it for other purposes just because you don't agree with their ideology.

Seems to me that who you support politically should be just as private as what happens in your bedroom, no? That's why we have the entire notion of a secret ballot. If people chose to disclose their politics, that's one thing. But where I choose to send my money is nobody else's business unless I want to disclose it.

Ms Tree said:
Should a private company not be allowed to hire and fire who they choose?
So, you're saying it would be perfectly OK for a conservative company to fire anyone with an Obama-Biden bumper sticker?

Is it OK for GM to fire workers who drive a Chrysler or a Nissan?

You obviously support the notion that an employer can't single someone out for their religion, their gender, or their sexual preferences.

Shouldn't those same employee protections extend to who or what a person they support politically?

eolesen said:
The examples of Mozilla and Chick-Fil-A and the IRS are entirely relevant: those people are being persecuted, intimidated, and retaliated against for their personal political beliefs, and not their professional conduct or violation of any laws.

Liberals have found public shaming based on campaign contributions to be a very successful tool. Yet, had that been found lawful behavior in the 1950's, the NAACP would have been killed off thru retaliation and intimidation. The civil rights movement as we know it may never have taken place.

You can't embrace the privacy of donor lists for one group, and deny it for other purposes just because you don't agree with their ideology.

Seems to me that who you support politically should be just as private as what happens in your bedroom, no? That's why we have the entire notion of a secret ballot. If people chose to disclose their politics, that's one thing. But where I choose to send my money is nobody else's business unless I want to disclose it.

So, you're saying it would be perfectly OK for a conservative company to fire anyone with an Obama-Biden bumper sticker?

Is it OK for GM to fire workers who drive a Chrysler or a Nissan?

You obviously support the notion that an employer can't single someone out for their religion, their gender, or their sexual preferences.

Shouldn't those same protections extend to who or what a person they support politically?

Was a USS plant superintendent here back in the 70's who wouldn't let any workers into the lot driving foreign iron. Was a great statement.....

delldude said:
Was a USS plant superintendent here back in the 70's who wouldn't let any workers into the lot driving foreign iron. Was a great statement.....
Did the union grieve it?...

777 fixer said:
Is that what talk radio is saying.  As a freedom loving American don't you want to know if some freedom hating liberal billionaire is funding political attack ads?
The resent Supreme Court finding throws a whole new slant on this for both Left, and Right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts