What's Wrong With This?

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Disney theme parks boost admission prices
Sunday, March 28, 2004 Posted: 12:23 PM EST (1723 GMT)

ANAHEIM, California (AP) -- It's going to cost a little more to play at Mickey's house.

Beginning Sunday, Disneyland and California Adventure will increase the admission price to $49.75 for guests over 10 years old -- a jump of $2.75, or nearly 6 percent, Disneyland Resort announced Friday.

In Florida, Walt Disney World also is raising its admission prices $2.75 on Sunday, from $52 to $54.75.

Company officials said the higher price reflects the cost of investments in the popular theme parks. New attractions include a Snow White musical production at Disneyland and the "Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror" ride, which opens May 5 at California Adventure.

Disneyland last raised prices from $45 to $47 in 2002.

The company also announced the introduction of a new, lower-priced annual pass for admission on weekdays, when crowds are lighter.

--------------

Airlines invest in new equipment, but god forbid if they up the price 6%! Can you imagine the bad press.

Eye,

The short answer (& I'm sure others will chime in) is that there isn't another DisneyLand (Disney World, EuroDisney) right down the road, like there is an AMR, CAL, NW, DAL, WN, B6, etc. for us.

That said, I'm sure even Disney feels pricing pressure - they didn't raise the prices $3.00, $5.00, or $10.00.

Jim

It sure seems to like everybody but the airlines are raising prices. Where I live there are 3 supermarkets in a one block area and every one of them has raised prices even with competition. I know there are a lot of different factors involved but it just seems that prices for everything is on the rise.

Jim's right on target there.

Seatacus, you might recall that the need to eat is much greater than the need to fly. Thus, in harder economic times, increased food prices industry-wide won't change demand much, but increased air travel prices will.

Back