When Money’s Involved, the Truth Can Take a Beating...

I work in Customer Relations. We adopted the customer service pay scale without being part of the union.

My apologies for any inaccuracy.
It is my understanding that F/A, AMT's and RES agents all currently make more at DL. Ramp and ticket counter are from what I understand almost identical at DL and US.

The Delta Board Council sent the following letter to the NYT:

January 15, 2007
To: Andrew Sorkin, The New York Times
Regarding: NYT Article: When Money’s Involved, the Truth Can Take a Beating

Dear Mr. Sorkin,

The Delta Board Council, an employee advocacy group which represents more than 40,000 active Delta employees worldwide, wishes to express its astonishment at your inflammatory and inaccurate column in Sunday's New York Times. To suggest that our CEO, Mr. Grinstein, has been dishonest regarding our company's stand on any merger and acquisition scenarios insults and impugns his integrity and our integrity, and serves as a cheap shot aimed at our loyal and unified workforce.

The Keep Delta My Delta campaign was started by our group, without prompting, and without direction, and was and remains a grass-roots campaign against the hostile takeover proposed by US Airways. KDMD has been recognized by our leaders, the news media, and the markets as a deeply held response from Delta employees against US Airways' bid. It is independent of, and indeed contemplates the possibility of, more constructive strategic alternatives to the US Airways proposal.
As to Mr. Grinstein’s public and private statements (we meet with him regularly), he has never wavered in his desire to emerge from bankruptcy as an independent carrier. However, at no time has Mr. Grinstein promised that we will never consider future strategic alternatives on our terms. The point is, Delta wants to be in a position of leadership and strength when making those determinations on behalf of its stakeholders, and that’s best done out of bankruptcy. Again, Mr. Grinstein has been steadfast in his belief that a merger with US Airways does not serve the best interest of our employees, our customers, the communities we serve, or our creditors. And as the voice of Delta people worldwide, we agree emphatically with Jerry on this point.

Should there be serious talks around mergers and acquisitions, the Delta Board Council will continue to represent Delta employees to seek the best outcome for all Delta people. That is our charter and our commitment. Yes, Mr. Sorkin, accusations of subterfuge can make for a titillating story, but the Delta Board Council would ask that if in the future you wish to cast aspersions against our company's leadership, you at least check your facts first.

The Delta Board Council,
Anne Larkin
Beth Graham
Jack Roth
Bill Morey
Christopher Muise
This board in no way repersents Delta employees. These people are on the Delta Airlines payroll therfore are not a neutral party. They do and so what Delta tells them to.

Back