Where Are We...

Blah Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah.....

You sure are good with all those jpeg images. Obviously you spend a lot of time online, especially on this BB. Maybe, after U liquidates, you can retrain to be a personal secretary. That job will probably pay you what you're worth. :rolleyes:

You have a good one buddy ;)

Regards

p.s. - I enjoyed those last couple of emails you sent. Feel free to send more! Of course I can't check mine as often as you. I do have a life!

does anyone know how long it'd take for the airline to go back into ch.11 or worse yet ch.7 when they report their 4th qtr lost? also any ideas as to how long it'd take for them to sell anything should it be up for sale?

GeezLouis said:

You sure are good with all those jpeg images. Obviously you spend a lot of time online, especially on this BB. Maybe, after U liquidates, you can retrain to be a personal secretary. That job will probably pay you what you're worth. :rolleyes:

Regards

p.s. - I enjoyed those last couple of emails you sent. Feel free to send more! Of course I can't check mine as often as you. I do have a life!
ok guy...you have a good one...i have to go to work.....say what happened to your motorbike? ;) :lol:
BTW- i have been giving serious thought to the secretarial world and thank you for noticing. ;)

So... if you follow the logic in the posted USA Today article (btw, great post skyflyer69), then the domestic industry is merely at the halfway point of eliminating companies which cannot or do not change to meet the current industry economics. US Airways would merely be the next company on the list...

Now here is something that makes sense to me... Every economic downturn since 1978 has seen major "legacy" airlines fail... In the early 80's, it was Braniff. In the early 90's, it was Eastern and Pan Am. Why should there not be another legacy carrier failure in this recession? We have already seen TWA fail in this one, plus UAL and U Group seek Ch. 11 Reorganization. While I am not hoping for this result, it stands to reason that the worst recession to hit the airline industry, amplified by terrorism, security concerns, and growing LCC's, that this trend of "legacy carriers" failing continue.

I would like to see US Airways survive. I really would. But the reality is that this is a company that has had 25 years to adapt to deregulation... And certainly, you can make the case that it adapted better than Braniff, Pan Am, and Eastern. But regardless, US Airways should have been more agressive on eliminating non-employee costs over the last several years... Common fleet types, rationalizing flight schedules, consolidating reservation centers, becoming part of an alliance, rationalizing Express partners, etc. Had all of this been focused on in 1995, today's situation would not be as bad as it has become. Of course, that is ancient history now. Today's problem is that US Airways is quickly running out of cash, and cannot afford to make the structural changes in the timeframe allowed. And even if it could afford it, there probably isn't enough time to do it without a major cash infusion. Now, if Richard Branson or Mesa made a major cash infusion + immediately started a program to fix these structural problems, it is possible that US Airways could be saved. The problem is that it might make more sense for Branson and/or Oreinstein to start from scratch with assets acquired during Chapter 7, rather than fix something which is so structurally broken.

I wish the best to every US Airways employee (including furloughs). Unfortunately, whatever lies ahead, it is guaranteed to be turbulent.

GeezLouis said:

Regards

Blah Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah.....HEY LUIGI...this tell me you run outa diatribe..like a computer say "input overload...input overload".... :lol:
You sure are good with all those jpeg imagesand my friend,you said i didn't have a life?? :lol:
Obviously you spend a lot of time online, especially on this BB. at least i have a life there sonny boy...don't you have some homework to do?
Maybe, after U liquidates, you can retrain to be a personal secretary. That job will probably pay you what you're worth.
yep there luigi.....the mustache rides were fun but now i have to buckle down and type like heck! say, what happened to your motorbike i saw it on your posts.....it looked real kool for a honda...never seen one them hondas with a front end like that.nice motorbike there dude!
life is but a handout....i haven't extended...and you?....