Which Maintenance Base Will Fall?

Checking it Out said:
Hypothetical question,

What will the third party heavy maintenance facilities do when they are successful at getting all the maintenance work from the carriers?

Raise prices!

What will AA do if they retain the MCI facility?

Compete with experience mechanics with on time performance!

I think it would be wise for AA to retain full overhaul capabilities and go after the work! Right now most of the third party vendors are losing or breaking even to bring the work in. If they hold a monopoly, than they can dictate price. AA could very well end up the lowest price for maintenance in short order. 3 to 5 years!
[post="193509"][/post]​

Yeah maybe so, but since the TWU and you thought saving 12,000 jobs and three maintenance bases by gutting pay and benefits, was the prudent thing to do when faced BK, which has now led to further failure and unsustainable losses, then I suspect that your "wise" opinions are now being replaced with "SURVIVAL" tactics. Worker morale and ownership of the problem will lead to victory, and you and the TWU have damaged that armor beyond repair and still lost the jobs. Way to Go CIO and the TWU!

I told you we were over manned, and you and the TWU informer, along with others ridiculed me for speaking the truth.

It is easy to tell folks what they want to hear. But facing the truth and the facts will lead to survival. Heads buried in the sand could sink us all.

Checking it Out said:
Hypothetical question,

What will the third party heavy maintenance facilities do when they are successful at getting all the maintenance work from the carriers?

Raise prices!

I think it would be wise for AA to retain full overhaul capabilities and go after the work! Right now most of the third party vendors are losing or breaking even to bring the work in. If they hold a monopoly, than they can dictate price. AA could very well end up the lowest price for maintenance in short order. 3 to 5 years!
[post="193509"][/post]​

The only way to "go after the work" is for AA to reduce wages substantially.

Maybe AA should spin MCI off as a third party facility!

Checking it Out said:
Hypothetical question,

Raise prices!

[post="193509"][/post]​

CIO are stating that it is your position that the TWU should negotiate lower wages and benefits again to compete?

3 to 5 years, hmmm this is the fall of 2004, fall of 2005, fall of 2006. Thats the 3 years. Then just in case the company decides not to go to early openers, add 2007 and 2008. Contract becomes amendable.

Hopeful said:
The only way to "go after the work" is for AA to reduce wages substantially.

Maybe AA should spin MCI off as a third party facility!
[post="193515"][/post]​

I believe that is exactly what TWU Local 530 et all has been attempting to do?

The received their FAR 145 Certificate recently, but were unable to garner the third party work required.

AMFAMAN said:
Yes OSM wages for everyone..... :down: :down: :down:
[post="193530"][/post]​

I believe one of the first work rule changes of the new Local 514 President will be to modify the percentage requirement of OSMs allowed on the maintenance base.

However the Chairman of Maintenance and the Managing Director of Business Unit 3&4 in TUL stated that no contract modifications would occur.

Buck said:
However the Chairman of Maintenance and the Managing Director of Business Unit 3&4 in TUL stated that no contract modifications would occur.
[post="193534"][/post]​

Why modify the contract?

The TWU has obviously left $600+ Million in concessions from Title 1 alone for the company to use at will. In addition to pay and benefit reductions, the TWU gave away 3500 jobs plus attrition. All the while claiming to have saved 12,000 jobs and three maintenance bases. What a bunch of hoodwinked liars.

And we thought $620 Millon was what the company requested from the WHOLE TWU workforce.

AMFAMAN said:
To think, they could of allowed the election and blamed it all on AMFA. Oh well looks like it's their baby now.
[post="193545"][/post]​

Hmmm,

They got hoodiwnked, they lied, they prevented the election, and they still blame AMFA!

They got cake and eat it too. For now anyway.

Checking it Out said:
I think it would be wise for AA to retain full overhaul capabilities and go after the work!
[post="193509"][/post]​

AA has lost money on almost every third party overhaul maintenance effort every attempted. The only effort that has remained cash flow positive is TAESL according to mgr. and even they have lost many customers. Let's not forget, this is an airline that basically paid Fed-ex to do their 727's, America West to do their 757's and RB211's. Let us also not forget who was the planner and then manager at AFW when many contracts were lost, or not profitable; MCI knows him real well by now.

BTW...I hear the few line maint contracts we have are very profitable, why does mgr refuse to expand on them. Also why has mgr not advertised our interest in third party work like UAL. I just received a booklet in the mail about UAL Services and how they are looking to bring certain work in house. Here is the website....http://www.ualservices.com/

I remember last year the TWU told us that they saved 10,000 jobs.
What is their excuse this time for losing jobs at Kansas City and St. Louis?
They used you guys to keep AMFA from coming on the property. They said that if you vote AMFA in you will all be layed off. We will all be on the streets and the outsourcing will begin. We will be in BK. I guess BK is the next lie the TWU has to live with if AA files right after Delta does. We will see in time. I guess it's all AMFA's fault this time again. :eek:

Decision 2004 said:
Why modify the contract?

The TWU has obviously left $600+ Million in concessions from Title 1 alone for the company to use at will. In addition to pay and benefit reductions, the TWU gave away 3500 jobs plus attrition. All the while claiming to have saved 12,000 jobs and three maintenance bases. What a bunch of hoodwinked liars.

And we thought $620 Millon was what the company requested from the WHOLE TWU workforce.
[post="193542"][/post]​

If the company made the only jobs available for recall at TUL under the QAM, those only open to OSM's the TWU would buy it in a heartbeat. So it is not that which the TWU has given away, but that which the TWU is going to give away.

1AA said:
I remember last year the TWU told us that they saved 10,000 jobs.
What is their excuse this time for losing jobs at Kansas City and St. Louis?
They used you guys to keep AMFA from coming on the property. They said that if you vote AMFA in you will all be layed off. We will all be on the streets and the outsourcing will begin. We will be in BK. I guess BK is the next lie the TWU has to live with if AA files right after Delta does. We will see in time. I guess it's all AMFA's fault this time again. :eek:
[post="194061"][/post]​

It was Concessions for Jobs...

Now it's Jobs for Fuel....