Who are the good station managers?

I personally thought Ron Rhoderick (current PHX mgr) and Ron Farrugia (retired from PHL admin) made a great team when they were back in TPA many years ago. YMMV.

If this is the same Ron Rhoderick, I remember him being a station manager for PSA at Tucson back in the mid '80's.

Ive seen very few station managers out and about on the ramp---one Ive seen the most is KMCO------Woody in KCLT need to be dirctor of station folks company wide---hes the best !!

Pelc was so hated in PHL that they had a very lucrative business selling "FUP" shirts,hats, ect....
The "P" was for Pelc......I think you know the "F.U"

While it is true that Rick was a company YES man, he did keep PHL running fairly smoothly during his tenure, which is more than anyone can say about every person who has replaced him since he left for greener pastures (FlyI first, and now AirTran). PHL is phucked no matter who is in charge. US needs to get the h-e-double hockey sticks out of there, and find a more friendly place to call home on the East Coast.

I personally thought Ron Rhoderick (current PHX mgr) and Ron Farrugia (retired from PHL admin) made a great team when they were back in TPA many years ago. YMMV.

Rhoderick came to PHL with a chip on his shoulder. Within a month we had an overtime boycott and tagged out all the unsafe equipment, and Ron quickly learned that the problems in PHL were much bigger than just a few bad attitudes. He ended up being a decent guy.

Farrugia was also a good guy. He'd work with you as much as possible and also showed some heart and flexibility towards employees who were going through difficult times.

While it is true that Rick was a company YES man, he did keep PHL running fairly smoothly during his tenure, which is more than anyone can say about every person who has replaced him since he left for greener pastures

The only reason PHL ran smoothly under Pelc is because he had a couple of excellent Ramp Managers, Hosey and Dudgeon, who kept him in the dark about a lot of things that allowed the ramp to run smoother (one hand washed the other, big time). PHL still had its share of confrontations with Pelc, especially when we had Stewart as Ramp Manager, but without Hosey and Dudgeon being there the place would have been shut down.....no doubt about it.

Pelc was by far the most dedicated to his job, and I also liked the way he held his managers accountable.

While I have not worked for Ron Rhoderick, I have had some dealings with him, all positive and have only heard good thing about him. Same goes for Terry Trainor.

Terry Brady from SFO (who left for UA when the West Coast got whacked in 1991) had both people and administative skills, a rare combination. I've known a number of managers who had one or the other, but not both. Sadly, there are some who have neither.

The best station and department managers I know have left the company, some due to the corporate culture of US East, others because their positions were eliminated in the post 9/11 downsizing.

I give alot of credit to Tony Grantham not only did he move to Philadelphia I see him at the airport 24 -7. He had several meetings with the Union and did straighten out the issue of agents issuing seats out of order. I understand the problem is arising again. He of all people is attemping to do the impossible and it is not from the far arm of the West. Tony and his right hand man Nelson are trying to do the Impossible. The equipment breaks on a daily basis and short of hiring burros he has done a FABULOUS job.I have seen Tony in the halls and since I first cast my eyes on him the job is taking a toll. I wish him the best as far as his managers in the Terminals I get some negative reports on how they manhandle the employees.Good Luck Tony you are a winner in my book!!!!!!!!!!
had both as "managers"--micro managers!
good luck with the lot of them....they will step on you as soon as you fall....

I remember when Rhoderick came to PHL. He came in guns a blazing & was a no-nonsense person. He commanded some respect after some of the previous leadership. Over time, you could see Ron aged 10 years for every one, no doubt the stresses of PHL.

A couple of years later after I left US, I was flying through PHX and bumped into him by security. He looked like a different person, stress free. I'll keep his comments to me about the whole PHL experience, but I couldn't agree more with his assessment.

Now Terry Trainor? :down: I never had any problems with him, but he had no respect on from the employees & eventually left for BOS, I think? He was part of the Renvill regime, before Tom left for UA and DEN.

Patti needs to go.As matter of fact the whole 3rd floor in clt needs to go.We need new leaders in clt.

I remember when Rhoderick came to PHL. He came in guns a blazing & was a no-nonsense person. He commanded some respect after some of the previous leadership. Over time, you could see Ron aged 10 years for every one, no doubt the stresses of PHL.

A couple of years later after I left US, I was flying through PHX and bumped into him by security. He looked like a different person, stress free. I'll keep his comments to me about the whole PHL experience, but I couldn't agree more with his assessment.

Now Terry Trainor? :down: I never had any problems with him, but he had no respect on from the employees & eventually left for BOS, I think? He was part of the Renvill regime, before Tom left for UA and DEN.
I like working for Ron. He's tough, but fair. Also he doesn't hide behind the door, he has an open door policy. And when Philly's bag belt broke the other day causing tons of bag claims he was right there with us to make sure everything went as smoothly as could possibley be under the circumstances, for both customers AND agents.