Let's Make This Work

HP Manager

May 26, 2005
:up: As a preface to my future comments on this site, I am a Station Manager for America West in a Midwest City.
It is a little disenhearting to see so much negativity in regard to the merger. I understand the furstration and no doubt it is a bit frightening for all of us. Even I don't know if I will get to be a part of this new company, but I certainly hope to be. That said, I am more concerned about the Station Employees of both parties than I am of myself. As a Station Manager, I realize that people like me are a dime a dozen and that it is the frontline that makes things happen. I am blessed with incredible Employees and I am sure that the USAir folks in my location are talented as well. For everyone, I hope that the blending of the work force ends up to be as fair and equitible as it can possibly be under the circumstances. Of course, the exact procedures in that regard will be striclty up to the Union who ends up leading the respective work groups. I know that many challenges lie ahead for all of us, but I hope that this proves to be the most successful merger that has ever occured in our industry. Good Luck to one and all, and lets give it our best shot!!

I think that if this thing goes through the majority of the U employees will be singing in the terminals, and dancing in the jetways just to be rid of CCY. As long as management stops making such efforts to destroy peoples lives, the employees will be happy making a successful merger that much easier.

I agree! This can be a great airline and group of employees. Negativity in the past, and positive spirit for the future.

You'll find most of the negative stuff on here is not from anyone even remotely involved with the new US Airways.

HP Manager,

Thank you for your comments--I sincerely hope you ARE a part of the new US Airways. I am sure that Piney Bob and the others can agree when I say that the potential for this new company is unlimited. The prospect of an airline being run by a management team that knows what it's doing and who WANTS to run an airline, combined with an extensive route network, THE BEST EMPLOYEES IN THE INDUSTRY, and of course, my favorite, rational fares, is VERY exciting to frequent fliers, and should be to employees as well.

My impression of HP management is that they are both pro employee and pro customer--add that to the above, and you have a sure fire winner. I hope that the work groups can find a fair and equitable way to resolve the issues which will arise from such a merger, and that you can all concentrate on doing your jobs, and not looking over your shoulders or wondering who will be next to put their hands in your pockets.

I also agree with the point made above that the less management brought over from CCY the better off the new company will be. There are a couple who I believe could be an integral part of the new team, but overall, I think we know who should not be invited.

I doubt this will be easy, but my money's on the new US Airways. I wish you all the very best..........

Welcome HP Manager!

I think Light Years hit the nail on head, I agree with the post. Do not get too excited about the atmosphere on this MessageBoard, it is not representative of the majority of employees. If it were, the labor consessions would never have been voted in. This place attracts a disporportunate amount of negativity and naysayers, as they can not be held accountable for thier behavior here.

The vast majority of US Airways employees are wonderful, hardworking, dedicated folks who have been waiting over a decade to rally behind a management team. That time is now and I have no doubt that you will see that happen.

Will everyone be happy about integration issues? As a pilot who has lived through 4 mergers I can say that there will always be people who find reasons to be unhappy. Again the vast majority of employees just want a fair integration and yes, that can and will happen.

Your right, it is scary, and that brings out FUD (Fear, Uncertianty, & Doubt) in a big way. Managements first big job will be to help tie the issues together with good communication and support in ways they can. The unions to a large degree will each have a process to be followed as well.

This will be awesome when completed and together we will all be a force to be reckoned with!

I hope things work out for you and your entire station. I will look forward to seeing you on a turn someday :)

HP Manager- The vast majority of the front line employees are very excited about the Merger. Don't believe the negativity hype on this board as it doesn't represent the majority sentiment.

The same naysayers also blame CCY for destroying the company. I strongly disagree with this comment. Management and the front line employees worked together to keep our company afloat during the rough times that are affecting each airline. We have the best employees in the industry. I am in a position that allows me to see this each and every day and I will tell you that your company will have a great group.

Art@ISP- There are many talented members of management that will be an asset to HP. You will be surprised at who stays and goes. :rolleyes:

Hawk,

I know quite a few VERY good people at CCY who definitely WOULD be a tremendous asset to the new company. I also know a few who could derail the whole thing.

The bottom line is I want the new US Airways to survive and thrive. We at FFOCUS are united in wanting a strong US Airways, and committed to doing what we can to help.

hp manager.....stay positive....the potential for this new airline is unlimited!

remember ...the individuals who post these negative statements are just that...

individuals...they do not represent the vast number of employees and customers

that welcome this opportunity of a great new airline...

just like light years said...most of these negative individuals are not associated w/

usairways in any way

stay positive

don't let the bastards get to you

good luck

HP Manager,

As others have said, don't let the negativity of a few posters, many who are not even U employees, discount the vast majority of U employees who are looking forward to a new chance to shine!

Having been through a few mergers, I know the road ahead will not be a bed of roses, but I do have faith in both our airlines work force to do their best to make this work. I believe if the merger is done properly, and the "Peter Principled" managers at U are weaned out, we can be one heck of a great airline and force to be reckoned with.

I have not heard any U employee drooling over the seniority issues and most of us are fair minded. I've had the pleasure of flying on AWA a few times in the recent past and have been impressed with the professionalism I've seen from the front-liners.

I give you my word I'll do my very best to maintain a positive attitude and look forward to making new friends with our combined employee groups!

Both our airlines have been through a lot of tough times and have proven we are up to the challenges of our collective future. I am eager to meet all the AWA employees. We have a lot to learn from each other and contribute to making an outstanding carrier!

Dea

I agree and hopefully the merger will continue to weed out the dead beats that have continued to haunt our great airline. The few deadbeats that post are truely not a representation of our airline and in fact are scoffed at . We are all truely looking forward to a future

Hawk said:
Art@ISP- There are many talented members of management that will be an asset to HP. You will be surprised at who stays and goes. :rolleyes:
[post="273318"][/post]​

No, we won't. If Parker has any sense, he rolls everything up onto the HP certificate as soon as practically possible, and dumps everyone at CCY. You don't suppose it's a coincindence that ya'll tanked the airline (twice) and now they are letting Parker and crew run the show, do you?

Marketing. Sucks. Planning. Sucks. Revenue management. Really sucks. Audit. Sucks. IT. Sucks large rocks thru a small straw (and spits me out $2 fares, to boot :up: ).

The operational folks in RIDC get it. Everyone else in management at the station manager level and above would be lucky to get a job running bags at someplace like LUV.

I do understand that jack@ss might make a comeback on a TV show, so Seth has a future. Other than that, you guys are toast.

The front line troops at U are first rate. THEY have kept this airline operational.

OTOH, a lot of these troops are being shown the door via EO and outsourcing. Sadly, this is in the small and medium stations, where the need for an agent to make a management-type decision, when management has gone home, occurs daily. These troops are being replaced by $8 an hour types, some of whom need 'English as a Second Language' courses. It'd be wise of HP to reverse this, but that is not going to happen.

Hawk to the contrary, everybody in the stations from shift manager and up needs to be shown the door. They have partaken in the a$$-covering, shift-the-blame, fudge the number, and damn the rules kool-aid served at CCY.

And ruined the future of a once fine airline while they were at it.

Don't let the virus spread to HP.

And since US is in BK, HP can request the judge to abrogate the executive contracts. Everything is on the table, right?

diogenes said:
These troops are being replaced by $8 an hour types, some of whom need 'English as a Second Language' courses. It'd be wise of HP to reverse this, but that is not going to happen.
[post="273417"][/post]​
Hey. Instead of Mirror Image. Call it Reverse Image. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts