Who holds the retierment funds?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/3/2003 10:47:31 AM mlt wrote:

FatherAbrham,
I think you may have a misperception of what I wrote. For years the employees of US Airways had the best contracts in the industry which were negotiated by some of the current retirees. Additionally, look at the names of ALPA's seniority list to see who has recently retired or will be retiring within a few months. Many of the names on the list are respected pilots not only for their skills in the cockpit, but for their skills in dealing with people. As someone said to me recently, 'it is an end of an era'. My point was the people who have previously retired and are currently retiring are the same people who welcomed all of us onto the property with open arms and I would hate for ALPA to forget them.

While I would love for my generation to take credit for everything good about our work life, I can't do it as I have 25 years to go before I am eligible to retire.

Cheers!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Mlt,

I hear ya, 16 years to go myself. What I was tryng to imply in a PC way was that " what comes around ...goes around ". Unions in a past era represented ALL and the " I got mine...screw you " mentality was lower than today. I really do not believe their has been or ever will be a generation (post depression) that has had a better overall standard of living. I marvel at how little my father made in real $ and how he supported a family of 6. My mother never worked a day in her life.
It would take a 100G a year to have that lifestyle today. BTW, a full pension from GM (retired 25 yrs.).

So no, I do not think folks are happy with the degradation of airline employee lifestyes. As for the pilots....5 yr B scales / Metromess / 17 yr copilots et cetera

Yes, for many years SOME enjoyed the best contracts in the indutry. NOT you and I.

Latest posts