Good News...More Flight Attendant recalls

Many people are desperate for work right now, whether union members or not. If there's an FA strike (big if at this point) I would bet that a large number of ex-TWA'ers would cross the line in order to get work. I don't think APFA has nearly the leverage it likes to believe.

This is a very interesting comment from you considering what your Coalition was advocating. Do you now advocate all former TWA FA's strike if the APFA calls one?

I don't "advocate" for anyone in a strike. The choice is up to the individual. I almost think it is harder to make the decision to cross. Personally, I don't consider the APFA a "union". It has done NOTHING to try and unite the workforce since 2001. It has
backed itself into a corner and missed a great opportunity to seal a contract. In times other than stalled negotiations that CM LOA would have been a good example of union and mangt. working together for the good of the whole (the business plan). That doesn't fly in this stage of the game. The union is out of touch with its very diverse membership and I don't envy ANY of you if a strike becomes necessary. Trying to replace your f/a salary is tough in this economy. Ask any of the 6000 f/as who were sent to the street since 2001. Age discrimination is alive and well. The economy makes negotiating salary and benefits an employers dream. Low balling is the norm. I hope you all don't have to make that choice.

Honor your strike? Yes we will if you honor our seniority. APFA is the worst F/A union I have ever seen. Laura is the biggest failure of a Union leader that I have ever seen. Don't forget she negotiated the RPA for NOTHING in return. Incest is best at APFA.
We see it differently our union saved our seniority and besides your former union, the IAM willfully waived the seniority clause in the TWA contract and allowed all this to happen. Why didn't the IAM stand it's ground and say NO WAY to the waiver. Dont blame APFA the IAM screwed it's members right from the start of all this....
One more note , the APFA got the "almighty AA (who does no wrong) to accept the unions request to extent the recall rights indefinitely. Aren't you glad for that ????
PS Please come to AA without the negative attitude , put all this behind you and MOVE ON. It's the best airline in the world and you should be very proud to wear the uniform.

Honor your strike? Yes we will if you honor our seniority. APFA is the worst F/A union I have ever seen. Laura is the biggest failure of a Union leader that I have ever seen. Don't forget she negotiated the RPA for NOTHING in return. Incest is best at APFA.

Why do you even stay around? Go work somewhere else if it's so bad here. You will NEVER have want you want here. Move on.

Many people are desperate for work right now, whether union members or not. If there's an FA strike (big if at this point) I would bet that a large number of ex-TWA'ers would cross the line in order to get work. I don't think APFA has nearly the leverage it likes to believe.
Really..... Strike ballot came back at 96% in favor of it.
The airline folds up when NYC gets a bad snow storm. Just imagine if 96 % of the F/As dont show up for work. Rumor has it that SOME of the former TWA F/As plan on crossing the picket line .... I so go right ahead. There are maybe 1200 or so. The entire workforce is about 17,000..... you do the math.

Really..... Strike ballot came back at 96% in favor of it.
The airline folds up when NYC gets a bad snow storm. Just imagine if 96 % of the F/As dont show up for work. Rumor has it that SOME of the former TWA F/As plan on crossing the picket line .... I so go right ahead. There are maybe 1200 or so. The entire workforce is about 17,000..... you do the math.

Technically, 96% of the 90% who voted were in favor of a strike, which becomes 86.4% when you add in the non-voters as NO votes...

It's still a large number, but I suspect that voting on emotion and having to face reality will yield different results...

Technically, 96% of the 90% who voted were in favor of a strike, which becomes 86.4% when you add in the non-voters as NO votes...

It's still a large number, but I suspect that voting on emotion and having to face reality will yield different results...
Im in the inside and see things much differently from here . Been around awhile and know more than the average Joe. Trust me ,we will shut it down .

Don't you really have better things to analyze? Save your math skills for the PUP's in APR.

We see it differently our union saved our seniority and besides your former union, the IAM willfully waived the seniority clause in the TWA contract and allowed all this to happen. Why didn't the IAM stand it's ground and say NO WAY to the waiver. Dont blame APFA the IAM screwed it's members right from the start of all this....
One more note , the APFA got the "almighty AA (who does no wrong) to accept the unions request to extent the recall rights indefinitely. Aren't you glad for that ????
PS Please come to AA without the negative attitude , put all this behind you and MOVE ON. It's the best airline in the world and you should be very proud to wear the uniform.

Best airline in the world???? Don't think so.

The top 10 places in the 2010 Airline of the Year :

1. Asiana Airlines
2. Singapore Airlines
3. Qatar Airways
4. Cathay Pacific
5. Air New Zealand
6. Etihad Airways
7. Qantas Airways
8. Emirates
9. Thai Airways
10. Malaysia Airlines

:p :p :p :p :p :p

I don't care who you are, that's there is some funny s^&*....

Best airline in the world???? Don't think so.

The top 10 places in the 2010 Airline of the Year :

1. Asiana Airlines
2. Singapore Airlines
3. Qatar Airways
4. Cathay Pacific
5. Air New Zealand
6. Etihad Airways
7. Qantas Airways
8. Emirates
9. Thai Airways
10. Malaysia Airlines

Gee, see any trends there?... Three airlines run as extensions of their oil economy governments, five who staff mostly young Asian women as cabin crew.

ANZ and QF are the outliers. But both the ozzie and kiwi accent are killer... and they consider most of the other eight to be their primary competition...

Gee, see any trends there?... Three airlines run as extensions of their oil economy governments, five who staff mostly young Asian women as cabin crew.

ANZ and QF are the outliers. But both the ozzie and kiwi accent are killer... and they consider most of the other eight to be their primary competition...
In my eyes it's the best airline in the world.... I make every customer want to come back and fly AA..... I go above and beyond on every flight.

With the announcement that AA is trimming down capacity
for 2011; I was wondering if AA is able to continue with the recalls or the opposite. Furloughs!!!!

Well, try to look at the bright side... if there are indeed furloughs, then the otherwise unconscionable actions of the APFA board in approving that side letter just managed to secure unlimited recall rights *without* waiting for a contract to be settled, correct?...