Who''s Hiring?

----------------
On 8/21/2002 5:18:13 PM

With all the layoff going around...is there other airlines who are actually hiring?
----------------
Comair is hiring flight attendants.

The company is continuing to receive new airplanes through the end of this year. That includes a 70 seat model requiring two flight attendants.

The Teamsters, representing Comair flight attendants, recently signed a new (first!) contract. The work rules are identical to those of the pilot group. Those rules are a noticeable improvement over the previous rules, or lack thereof.

According to the flight attendants I work with, some new hires have come from other carriers. I can't say how many stayed, left, etc.

One Comair F/A was working her last trip with me a couple of days ago. She was hired by NetJets (formerly Executive Jet) out of Columbus, OH. They might be worth looking into. Several Comair pilots left during the strike and are now at NetJets. They seem very satisified with their decision.

Good luck!

Chautauqua is also hiring FA's right now. 22 new E145's in the next year plus turnover means at least 150 openings. Probably a class a month for the next year.. Good Luck..

Atlantic Southeast Airlines is hiring (ASA). They have made money every year even since 9/11. Their bases ar in Atlanta Georgia and Dallas Texas. Most of the classes that have graduated recently have been going to TX for their bases. They have just added new routes to a a few places out West...CA, UT, AZ. Check them out...Also I have heard that the some of the ones going to TX are getting lines and not having to be on reserve!

Actually there are quite a few airlines hiring. When you cut out the majors there are still 50 airlines in the US that hire flight attendants. In addition to the ones mentioned, you can add USA3000, Ryan, ATA, Alaska, Allegheny, etc.
You can find pretty good listing by signing onto PlaneJobs.com, or check out these job bulletin boards where I have posted past openings:

www.crewstart.com
www.airlinefun.com

I will add this board to the websites I post openings as well.

Tim Kirkwood, Author
THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT JOB FINDER & CAREER GUIDE
www.FlightAttendantCareerGuide.com