Why don’t you SWA mechanics just be honest?

xUT

Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
SanFranFreako, KommieFornia
Why don’t you SWA mechanics just be honest?
Seniority only kicks in when there is a bid (opening) or layoffs.
Since SWA will never layoff anyone, why make it an issue?

What your real angst is that AT mechanics and FA’s will get a great bump in pay & benefits “AND YOU GET NOTHING!” so to equalize your ‘non-benefit’ you use the seniority ‘hammer’ to make yourselves feel better.

Just remember that not too long ago SWA were lepers to the legacies.

SWA undercut everyone in the industry and gained remarkable market share that helped drive the legacies into BK (now we are equalized… LOL ).

True, SWA beat everyone into submission. You have given the legacies many firsts, First to fly point to point (dropping the hub/spoke system), First to have a single airplane type, First to fly new aircraft with a ‘honeymoon’ maintenance period, First to outsource overhaul, First to outsource maintenance to a foreign country.

Yea, you are my heroes (not).

One would think that giving SWA history; you would be more understanding and accepting of people that are where you have been, but that little green eyed monster creeps in everywhere.
Some people will be arrogant as well as some will be understanding.

Now you are a legacy. SWA set a bar that every company has now met or exceeded.

Get ready for competition; they may eat your lunch.

Just remember, whatever you think, you are an employee.

B) xUT

Reactions: 6 people
We SWA mechanics aren't gaining anything from this aquisition of AT. We just want to keep what we currently have; our seniority. It determines days off, bid position, bid location, vacation slots, bump lead, what station you can hold etc..., a hell of alot more than mentioned above. I personally couldn't care less about any of the gains the AT mechanics are getting. Good for them.

Reactions: 2 people
We SWA mechanics aren't gaining anything from this aquisition of AT. We just want to keep what we currently have; our seniority. It determines days off, bid position, bid location, vacation slots, bump lead, what station you can hold etc..., a hell of alot more than mentioned above. I personally couldn't care less about any of the gains the AT mechanics are getting. Good for them.

Lineguy, Don't waste your breath. This guy don't have any facts correct to begin with. He's just completely upset that we are (currently) the industry darling. The TWU/AA mechs were trying thier dambness to get a contract somewhat close to ours, that failed, then the BK filing, now there is no telling what they might end up with.
The IBT/UAL mechs were also trying to mirror the AMFA/SWA mechs contract but instead voted in the current one by 69%. All because of a 11,500 bonus... UAL was successfull in buying the ecomics part of the contract by offering the huge bonus offer. I sure hope SWA offers a 11,500 signing bonus... Where do I sign?? Oh wait, the UAL boys just did that, now we have something to go by...

Reactions: 1 person
This guy don't have any facts correct to begin with.

Actually, he does. How long have you been in the industry?

He's just completely upset that we are (currently) the industry darling.
I remember when Eastern and PanAm and TWA were the industry darlings... :eek:

You obviously don't understand the "xUT" monicker. He probably doesn't care if you all step all over each other to the non-existent pot of gold in the AMT worker world.

Reactions: 4 people

You obviously don't understand the "xUT" monicker. He probably doesn't care if you all step all over each other to the non-existent pot of gold in the AMT worker world.

Possibly another disgruntled legacy mechanic? Been there, done that.

Thanks Tech,

These guys are too smart. :rolleyes:
Never mind I was an AMFA Shop Rep for 2 years, involved with the AMF9 WayPoints publication, walked the picket with the Honorable's ( a scab home picket from time to time... LOL ).

Now xUT, as when I left the Lazy'U I quit 38 years in aviation and gave away my tools & toolbox.

Take Care,
B) xUT

Reactions: 5 people
Lineguy, Don't waste your breath. This guy don't have any facts correct to begin with. He's just completely upset that we are (currently) the industry darling. The TWU/AA mechs were trying thier dambness to get a contract somewhat close to ours, that failed, then the BK filing, now there is no telling what they might end up with.
The IBT/UAL mechs were also trying to mirror the AMFA/SWA mechs contract but instead voted in the current one by 69%. All because of a 11,500 bonus... UAL was successfull in buying the ecomics part of the contract by offering the huge bonus offer. I sure hope SWA offers a 11,500 signing bonus... Where do I sign?? Oh wait, the UAL boys just did that, now we have something to go by...

You just don't get it do you?
What 'facts' don't I have?
Bad enough you guys haze new hires, would rather dump AT employees if you don't get your way, then cry that it is the companies offer. :eek:

Guess what slick, you are an employee, I am an employer.

B) xUT

Reactions: 6 people
You just don't get it do you?
What 'facts' don't I have?
Bad enough you guys haze new hires, would rather dump AT employees if you don't get your way, then cry that it is the companies offer. :eek:

Guess what slick, you are an employee, I am an employer.

B) xUT

One fact you don't have is probies make it, even if they screw up. No hazing has been done for years. It's just not the same airline it used to be, sigh.... Can't remember the last time someone didn't make probation.

Reactions: 3 people
One fact you don't have is probies make it, even if they screw up. No hazing has been done for years. It's just not the same airline it used to be, sigh.... Can't remember the last time someone didn't make probation.

I was going by what SWA stated in another post.
Maybe you guys need to get a play book.

B) xUT

Wow, the name of this thread should be insulting to SWA mechs,, arent you really insinuating that SWA mech are LIARS...

What would happen in someone started a Thread named.."why are AT mechs so Greedy?"

neither one is healthy for the group as a whole,,,seems like it could be insulting to SWA guys,, just my two cents

Wow, the name of this thread should be insulting to SWA mechs,, arent you really insinuating that SWA mech are LIARS...

What would happen in someone started a Thread named.."why are AT mechs so Greedy?"

neither one is healthy for the group as a whole,,,seems like it could be insulting to SWA guys,, just my two cents
I'm not sure this was even started by an Airtran mech. At least we know how YOU feel, and you can keep your 2 cents.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not sure this was even started by an Airtran mech. At least we know how YOU feel, and you can keep your 2 cents.

I will keep my 2cents,, because I didnt get a %40 payraise for doing the same job I have been doing for years at the more Successful company, ooops, did I just say that outloud!! ,,, Maybe that should be a new thread,, "AT what will you be doing with your new found riches %40 payraises, and Upgrades in All Benefits???" but I digress, I should just sit back and watch as the insults at SWA keep piling up,, my bad,, I apologize,,, SWA people,, stop the insanity,, give up your seniority,, your contracts,, just TAke it,,

I now see the light,, never even looked at it this way,, :blink:

I will keep my 2cents,, because I didnt get a %40 payraise for doing the same job I have been doing for years at the more Successful company, ooops, did I just say that outloud!! ,,, Maybe that should be a new thread,, "AT what will you be doing with your new found riches %40 payraises, and Upgrades in All Benefits???" but I digress, I should just sit back and watch as the insults at SWA keep piling up,, my bad,, I apologize,,, SWA people,, stop the insanity,, give up your seniority,, your contracts,, just TAke it,,

I now see the light,, never even looked at it this way,, :blink:
Ever get tired of beating the same dead horse. Maybe you should have been on your committee, maybe they didn't want you, or you may just like to complain and not do anything about it. Its not fair, its not fair. There I said it for you. Yeah I know "aquired not hired" heard that one too, maybe not from you but your cohorts. Ill have t shirts made so you can save your breath. This far into this, thought we would be getting somewhere. Guess not.I don't think I can squeeze it all on there. Maybe Ill just put BOHICA. That should sum it up.