Why don’t you SWA mechanics just be honest?

um ,, you need to talk to more pilots,, business men is not what I would say,,, did you watch their threads,, I agree though on keeping it more factual,, I lost my way out of frustration,,, so be it,, good luck

Yep! lets forget the name calling! stick to the business of the ONLY thing we have control over the seniority! Let's take care of that and let Southwest Airlines make make money for all of us. Unfortunately no matter how you slice it, AirTran Employees will come out with a better financial package percentage wise than we will. Why is that you ask? Because WE ALREADY have the best pay in the industry! nowhere for us to go. AMFA is not going to be paying any salaries or increasing anyones QOL! in fact they will be collecting dues as soon as they can. Southwest Airlines Pays the money. We need to mind our business & worry about putting out a good maintenance product day in and day out. Remember "Safety in the Air Begins with Quality Maintenance on the Ground" We are not IAM , Teamsters ,UAW or TWU I thought we were better than that that why we voted AMFA in!

Yep! lets forget the name calling! stick to the business of the ONLY thing we have control over the seniority! Let's take care of that and let Southwest Airlines make make money for all of us. Unfortunately no matter how you slice it, AirTran Employees will come out with a better financial package percentage wise than we will. Why is that you ask? Because WE ALREADY have the best pay in the industry! nowhere for us to go.

All the more reason to keep our seniority.

All the more reason to keep our seniority.

As you stated in another thread, you reviewed the LOA's and TA and you're a NO vote for all of it.. But here you say, all the more reason to keep your seniority?? Where in the TA or LOA does it say that you're losing seniority?? Maybe I missed it, but I did read a 70% boost or minimum 4 years in the TA... Worst case scenario, you have all your seniority to bid within an already existing AirTran station. So, I'm at a loss, why do you still state that it's "All the more reason to keep out seniority" when you are keeping it and getting more? Or, are you just a staple to the bottom guy and nothing more?

Either way it doesn't matter to me, my vote has been casted and my ballot has been sent... And for some reason, I think we will be in arbitration... I hope I'm wrong becaue it's just going to make things worse between our workgroups...

As you stated in another thread, you reviewed the LOA's and TA and you're a NO vote for all of it.. But here you say, all the more reason to keep your seniority?? Where in the TA or LOA does it say that you're losing seniority?? Maybe I missed it, but I did read a 70% boost or minimum 4 years in the TA... Worst case scenario, you have all your seniority to bid within an already existing AirTran station. So, I'm at a loss, why do you still state that it's "All the more reason to keep out seniority" when you are keeping it and getting more? Or, are you just a staple to the bottom guy and nothing more?

Either way it doesn't matter to me, my vote has been casted and my ballot has been sent... And for some reason, I think we will be in arbitration... I hope I'm wrong becaue it's just going to make things worse between our workgroups...
Just a FYI. I spoke with one of our Techs yesterday and he said our committee is going back to DAL to talk more. Today, I saw Kolski, Pepper and a few others who I don't know all in the Big Conference Room at the ATL Hangar. Door was closed and I didn't stand around trying to read lips... :ph34r:

As you stated in another thread, you reviewed the LOA's and TA and you're a NO vote for all of it.. But here you say, all the more reason to keep your seniority?? Where in the TA or LOA does it say that you're losing seniority?? Maybe I missed it, but I did read a 70% boost or minimum 4 years in the TA... Worst case scenario, you have all your seniority to bid within an already existing AirTran station.

According to the TA, If I bid into an Airtran station, I will be the first to go in a reduction in force. Now why would I want to do that? Currently, if I bid into an Airtran station, I would be above the majority of AT mechanics. This TA actually limits my options as a Southwest mechanic. You say you don't care because you already cast your vote. Why keep posting?

According to the TA, If I bid into an Airtran station, I will be the first to go in a reduction in force. Now why would I want to do that? Currently, if I bid into an Airtran station, I would be above the majority of AT mechanics. This TA actually limits my options as a Southwest mechanic. You say you don't care because you already cast your vote. Why keep posting?

Morbid curiousity.. Not like I need to explain myself to you anyways... But, I agree with your logic, SWA Mechanics should be able to move to any station based on pure senirority like our scope states. All SWA Mechanics, and forever.. That inculdes AT Mechnanics coming over to SWA as well!! We should be able to move to a SWA or former AT staion without limitation as well.. So if you get it, we should get it as well, and if there is ever a reduction in force at said station, than seniority should prevail regardless if its a former AT Mechanic or not, because by that point, we will all be SWA Mechanics :)

That's a good attitude, keep pushing for that! Otherwise, this agreement will only defeat the purpose of a union and limit all of us...

Morbid curiousity.. Not like I need to explain myself to you anyways... But, I agree with your logic, SWA Mechanics should be able to move to any station based on pure senirority like our scope states. All SWA Mechanics, and forever.. That inculdes AT Mechnanics coming over to SWA as well!! We should be able to move to a SWA or former AT staion without limitation as well.. So if you get it, we should get it as well, and if there is ever a reduction in force at said station, than seniority should prevail regardless if its a former AT Mechanic or not, because by that point, we will all be SWA Mechanics :)

That's a good attitude, keep pushing for that! Otherwise, this agreement will only defeat the purpose of a union and limit all of us...

Don't get me wrong, I still think all AT mechanics should take a hit in seniority.

Don't get me wrong, I still think all AT mechanics should take a hit in seniority.

Absolutely!! Get rid of the LOA, fences, protections, and force SWA to start the 4th line, All this above and beyond the senority cut for the AT guys.

Just a FYI. I spoke with one of our Techs yesterday and he said our committee is going back to DAL to talk more. Today, I saw Kolski, Pepper and a few others who I don't know all in the Big Conference Room at the ATL Hangar. Door was closed and I didn't stand around trying to read lips... :ph34r:

Maybe this will be a positive start. However, they (AT committee) will not be talking to the SWA integration committee as they are all on the road show trips and out of town. But the AT committe could very well be coming into Dallas to continue some talks with the company, now that both sides are now seeing negative responces from the current offer fixin to be voted down. A very interesting point in all this is that the company has metioned to AMFA that the biggest speed bump seems to be the LOA's, protections and fences. So they have in fact gotten the word. I say all this as SWA may have in fact called this meeting with the AT guys to prepare for a quick rebutle nego back to the table prior to going to arbitration. Looks like the ball is start to gain some momentum. Keep it up guys. Great work!!!

Maybe this will be a positive start. However, they (AT committee) will not be talking to the SWA integration committee as they are all on the road show trips and out of town. But the AT committe could very well be coming into Dallas to continue some talks with the company, now that both sides are now seeing negative responces from the current offer fixin to be voted down. A very interesting point in all this is that the company has metioned to AMFA that the biggest speed bump seems to be the LOA's, protections and fences. So they have in fact gotten the word. I say all this as SWA may have in fact called this meeting with the AT guys to prepare for a quick rebutle nego back to the table prior to going to arbitration. Looks like the ball is start to gain some momentum. Keep it up guys. Great work!!!

In other words, AMFA realized that this wasn't going to pass on the SWA mechs side so AMFA went to the company for help... Sounds like that's the case here. AMFA doesn't want to remove the current TA but instead modify it. Problem is, the AT mechanics have already sent out their ballots so NO change can be made to the TA at this point, it would be highly illegal and I have no problem contacting the NLRB to notify them of any illegal indiscretion!! AMFA had an opportunity to contact the AT committee and continue or renegotiate the TA but refused to do so and is now stuck with either sending out for a vote or not sending it out for a vote... Like the ALPA MEC did.

As much as I'd like to see this done and over with, I refuse to allow any illegal action to take place. No back door deals to make this work. Sorry... AMFA either sends it out for a vote and hopes it gets voted down or they pull the TA and never send it out... Either way it sounds to me like SWA is still in control of these negotiations and they're going to get exactly what they want.. AMFA really dropped the ball on this one BIG time!! Is there any union out there that's worth a damn??

And to any AT committee member out there reading this, I've already seen the difference between the road show TA and the TA in the ballot, a lot of us have.. Don't even think about agreeing in any further changes to it!!!

I will keep my 2cents,, because I didnt get a %40 payraise for doing the same job I have been doing for years at the more Successful company, ooops, did I just say that outloud!! ,,, Maybe that should be a new thread,, "AT what will you be doing with your new found riches %40 payraises, and Upgrades in All Benefits???" but I digress, I should just sit back and watch as the insults at SWA keep piling up,, my bad,, I apologize,,, SWA people,, stop the insanity,, give up your seniority,, your contracts,, just TAke it,,

I now see the light,, never even looked at it this way,, :blink:

Enjoy being the "Industry Leader" moniker while you can , then it's back to reality ! I'm sure you've seen this memo, but here it is again !

Southwest CEO Sends Letter to Employees About the Future

"Our labor rates are now, far and away, the highest in the industry. Through bankruptcy, very large New Airlines have emerged with lower rates than us and better productivity. Next to fuel, labor is our highest expenditure. We cant have lower overall operating costs if our labor costs aren’t lower."

http://www.flierhub.com/2011/12/06/southwest-ceo-sends-letter-to-employees-about-the-future/

Of course I'm sure cutting labor cost won't include you !

In other words, AMFA realized that this wasn't going to pass on the SWA mechs side so AMFA went to the company for help... Sounds like that's the case here. AMFA doesn't want to remove the current TA but instead modify it. Problem is, the AT mechanics have already sent out their ballots so NO change can be made to the TA at this point, it would be highly illegal and I have no problem contacting the NLRB to notify them of any illegal indiscretion!! AMFA had an opportunity to contact the AT committee and continue or renegotiate the TA but refused to do so and is now stuck with either sending out for a vote or not sending it out for a vote... Like the ALPA MEC did.

As much as I'd like to see this done and over with, I refuse to allow any illegal action to take place. No back door deals to make this work. Sorry... AMFA either sends it out for a vote and hopes it gets voted down or they pull the TA and never send it out... Either way it sounds to me like SWA is still in control of these negotiations and they're going to get exactly what they want.. AMFA really dropped the ball on this one BIG time!! Is there any union out there that's worth a damn??

And to any AT committee member out there reading this, I've already seen the difference between the road show TA and the TA in the ballot, a lot of us have.. Don't even think about agreeing in any further changes to it!!!

You may have mis understood my post. I said the company maybe preparing to go back to the table "after" this is voted down. Not before hand. They cannot do this as the ballots have already started to go out to the AT guys.

Enjoy being the "Industry Leader" moniker while you can , then it's back to reality ! I'm sure you've seen this memo, but here it is again !

Southwest CEO Sends Letter to Employees About the Future

"Our labor rates are now, far and away, the highest in the industry. Through bankruptcy, very large New Airlines have emerged with lower rates than us and better productivity. Next to fuel, labor is our highest expenditure. We cant have lower overall operating costs if our labor costs aren’t lower."

http://www.flierhub.com/2011/12/06/southwest-ceo-sends-letter-to-employees-about-the-future/

Of course I'm sure cutting labor cost won't include you !

And there we have it! How did it go, Nuff said... This alone explains why seniority is more important than money to the AT crew..

And there we have it! How did it go, Nuff said... This alone explains why seniority is more important than money to the AT crew..

So lets screw over the AT guys , who had nothing to do with this acquisition/merger !

There's that union brotherhood for ya' ! :blink:

Back