Why don’t you SWA mechanics just be honest?

So why not vote out the LOA if this proposal doesn't pass?? I mean, it sounds to me like AMFA is trying to purposely sabotage the integration. And if mechaincs end up on the street because AMFA and it's members at SWA were purposely and illegally stopping the integration from movin forward, then SWA and AMFA have a lot more problems then just a little bit of seniority. You're going to pay those mechanics for siting at home and accruing seniority while the lawsuit is settled or awarded... then, when the suit is won or settled, former AT mechanics will be forced back into their original position and station with DOH and any accrued seniority.. Especially since its so easy to prove that SWA and AMFA came to that LOA illegally and it directly forced us to any future circumstance that may happen to the AT mechanics.

Thats a clever move you guys did, but it's ultimately going to bite you in the ass! That LOA has put the damper on this integration and I'm personally tired of hearing about it. It's time someone stepped up and contacted the NLRB and NMB and informed them of the situation AMFA and SWA has put us in.
I will say AMFA is in no way trying to sabotage this integration. Since the IBT is screaming arbitration from way back when, if this is voted down, then AMFA has to prepare for it in any way possible. This includes looking at every single avenue and processes in order to represent the AMFA membership 110%. I honestly think nobody wants to goto arbitration. Hopefully we can all get back to the table, make some changes to get a ratified agreement and move to other issues coming up, like starting on a new contract.
I do agree that this LOA has been a headache, as well as the items SWA mechanics are against voting this in. These are the things that hopefully can be addressed at the table.

There was no clearing up involved here. I've been following the situation at USAirways since their merger with America West, and I'm quite familiar with the pilot integration situation. What I was wondering is why I keep seeing(on this board and others) SWA mechs posting that "an Arbitration will take X amount of years" when that clearly isn't the case.

Additionally it seems very few of these same SWA mechs realize that once the Arbitrator rules, even if SWA mechs stall the implementation of the award by avoiding a joint CBA in whatever manner, they themselves will not see another contract until they do accept a combined agreement.
Again, not saying the actual arbitration will take that long, there are other issues that will.

I think everyone needs to calm down, stop the speculation, and wait for the votes to be counted. When the votes are counted, we can proceed from there in the appropriate manner.
Your right. You never know this could end up passing. I've seen it done before. Right now there is no garrantee of pass or fail. It's all speculation at this point. Now we wait.

Your right. You never know this could end up passing. I've seen it done before. Right now there is no garrantee of pass or fail. It's all speculation at this point. Now we wait.
If this fails there is no one to blame but management. They elected to stick their nose where it didn't belong and now they have to live with it. In usual swa fashion they thought there would be no way it would fail and they could all pat themselves on the back. This may or may not happen. Amfa is in a win win on this one. It will be interesting.

Reactions: 3 people
If this fails there is no one to blame but management. They elected to stick their nose where it didn't belong and now they have to live with it. In usual swa fashion they thought there would be no way it would fail and they could all pat themselves on the back. This may or may not happen. Amfa is in a win win on this one. It will be interesting.

Dude, we're all to blame for this situation, we all have our fair share of responsibility in this. True, some groups may carry the blame heavier than another, but it's all of our faults... AT mechs want DOH, SWA mechs want a staple, management wants to set a record and get it done, IBT wants to screw over AMFA, AMFA was trying to be a good union to their current members, add up all those scenarios and this is what you get. An agreement that no one likes, truly isn't fair for either side and will screw us all over 5, 10, 15, hell for the rest of our careers, or until the last AirTran mechanic dies off or quits, I can know who that mechanic is and he's not intending on going anywhere for another 30 years... So here we are. One cluster LUV!!

Reactions: 2 people
Dude, we're all to blame for this situation, we all have our fair share of responsibility in this. True, some groups may carry the blame heavier than another, but it's all of our faults... AT mechs want DOH, SWA mechs want a staple, management wants to set a record and get it done, IBT wants to screw over AMFA, AMFA was trying to be a good union to their current members, add up all those scenarios and this is what you get. An agreement that no one likes, truly isn't fair for either side and will screw us all over 5, 10, 15, hell for the rest of our careers, or until the last AirTran mechanic dies off or quits, I can know who that mechanic is and he's not intending on going anywhere for another 30 years... So here we are. One cluster LUV!!

So True

So who will be that last Air Tran Mechanic?

Your correct. Well said sir.

Reactions: 1 person
Dude, speak for yourself. It's a win win for Amfa and I am perfectly at ease whichever way it goes. I will enjoy the ride!

Reactions: 4 people
Dude, speak for yourself. It's a win win for Amfa and I am perfectly at ease whichever way it goes. I will enjoy the ride!

Enlighten me on your scenarios here? You say you're okay which ever way it goes and you'll enjoy the ride, so I'd like to know which ever way you think is okay? Not being a smarts ass or anything, just trying to get some serious insight.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts