Why the present IAM leadership is dangerous for United employees

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
As you can see, I took a ripping by at least two ORD shop stewards, Jorge, and Danny, who were either being intellectually dishonest or deluded by the NC who blew smoke up their arses.  Either way, I couldn't control their defrauding, but informing the membership of the truth and the scam that this eboard approved of unanimously was and continues to be something I will do.  I don't do this s to make friends.
Tim Nelson

LOA : Full Time Commitment Letter

This letter is only an exception letter. The company is free to downgrade full timers to part time for any ole flimsy reason other than for flexible scheduling. Flight activity, reduction in force, etc.

The only other commitment contained in the LOA is that the union and company will go exploring [LOA wording, not mine] opportunities to preserve day off patterns. R U KIDDN ME?

Joe Bartz has been passing out inaccurate information once again.
Like · · Stop Notifications · October 16 at 1:01pm

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario Tim Nelson where do you get your information from? How come there's only a few of you that know this and not going from zone to zone and presenting the true evidence of this contract?
October 16 at 1:08pm · Like · 1

[*]

Tim Nelson Jorge Del Rosario, many know this. Hell it's in the agreement! It has nothing to do with my opinion. The full time commitment is only an exception.
October 16 at 1:09pm · Like

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario I want what's best for our brothers and sisters. When I went to the Union meeting with only Union steward's and there was nothing about putting full timers into part timers I have the T.A in my hand can you tell me what page I can find this info in
October 16 at 1:16pm · Like · 1

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario and no answer
October 16 at 2:04pm · Like

[*]

Gregg Sullender The things they don't want people to know!
October 16 at 2:06pm via mobile · Like · 1

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario Tim is saying in the T.A I wanna know what page so I can read it and show my brothers and sisters
October 16 at 2:07pm · Like

[*]

Allison Michaud It's the LOA re FT commitment.
October 16 at 2:14pm via mobile · Like

[*]

Jeff Heitz What page number exactly is it on????? Cause I have not read this either....
October 16 at 2:22pm via mobile · Like

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario I'm reading it right now and it says United has agreed that no full-time employee active in the fleet service and storekeeper workgroups as of date of execution of these agreements will be involuntarily reduced as a direct result of the company's ability to schedule shift start times in accordance with Article 4.A.7.a or to employ part time lead ramp servicemen and storekeepers/lead storekeepers
October 16 at 2:25pm · Like · 1

[*]

Jeff Heitz Thanks Jorge Del Rosario..
October 16 at 2:27pm via mobile · Like

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario LOA#5-1
October 16 at 2:28pm · Like

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario No problem Jeff Heitz
October 16 at 2:28pm · Like

[*]

Danny Campanile Atta boy Jorge!!!!
October 16 at 2:39pm · Like

[*]

Tim Nelson Jorge Del Rosario bingo! You actually read the right language! So please tell me where this full time commitment is except for flexible scheduling? Due to the unlimited part time, as tragic as that is, your union officers are saying that folks who are full time can't be reduced to part time. That's not true. The only exception is for flexible scheduling purposes. You can in fact be reduced to part time for any other reason. I'm not the one who said that you couldn't, YOU DID, so the onus is upon you to prove it. You can't. Stop telling folks they can't be reduced to part time. STOP IT. They can not only be reduced to part time but, hell, they can even get laid off or kicked out of their own station. J
October 16 at 2:50pm · Like · 1

[*]

Tim Nelson LOA#5 is only an exception letter. That's it.
October 16 at 2:51pm · Like

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario its in black and white it's saying you will not go to part time
October 16 at 2:52pm · Like

[*]

Tim Nelson Jorge, let's present a scenario. And take this scenario to Joe Bartz for us. Your company has a flight activity switch and your in DEN and you lose 20 mainline flights. Just saying. The company redoes their station headcount compliment and hands out 100 FT displacement packets, and about 10 part time packets. What does your contract do to prevent these full timers from being displaced to part time, or better yet, laid off? Please give me the language.
October 16 at 2:53pm · Like · 2

[*]

Tim Nelson Jorge Del Rosario, it is NOT saying you can't go part time. Read it again!!!! It is ONLY an exception letter, that's it. Only for flexible scheduling. There are tons and tons of other reasons why someone can go part time from cover to cover.
October 16 at 2:55pm · Like · 1

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario they find you jobs within the system
October 16 at 2:55pm · Like

[*]

Tim Nelson Heck, you can even get laid off.
October 16 at 2:56pm · Like

[*]

Tim Nelson Jorge Del Rosario, True, you can use your seniority if you don't want to go part time and bump someone. But that doesn't have anything to do with the exception letter. Hell, you can displace into a full time system job somewhere else right now if you have seniority. It's the reduction in force article in your current agreement.
October 16 at 2:57pm · Like

[*]

Patricia Santamaria Tim I did hear the same as Jorge Del Rosario is saying to I think u only wnt us to see ur side Tim but I believe my brotherly union
October 16 at 3:00pm via mobile · Like · 1

[*]

Tim Nelson Patricia Santamaria, it's not my side. It's in your agreement! You can believe your union brother all day but that won't make it right. Again, if the company has a flight activity adjustment and says that 100 full timers will be affected and 10 part timers, please show me in your contract, anywhere, where you can claim some mythical language. Sorry Particia but saying "My union brother told me so" isn't going to win any grievances. Wake up people. READ YOUR CONTRACT
October 16 at 3:03pm · Like · 5

[*]

Danny Campanile Tim if you need an explanation of what you're reading I'm sure they'll help you out in the training room in z4
October 16 at 3:05pm · Like

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario I'm sorry Tim Nelson if you have something against someone and this is personal and is trying to switch words around that is your problem please don't take it out on my brothers and sisters. thanks
October 16 at 3:06pm · Like · 1

[*]

Tim Nelson Danny Campanile, what I need is contract language. Union bosses hand out hundreds of explanations.
October 16 at 3:06pm · Like

[*]

Tim Nelson Jorge Del Rosario, you said you just came back from a union meeting? Which officer told you that full timers can't be reduced to part time? That's what we need to know.
October 16 at 3:06pm · Like

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario well Tim Nelson then go to zone 4 and ask all the ?
October 16 at 3:06pm · Like · 1

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario they are there all week
October 16 at 3:07pm · Like

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario It's in the L.O.A

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario what don't you understand

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario ???????????????????????????????????

[*]

Danny Campanile they'll point it out for you. they have visual aids and everything

[*]

Michael Jackson Maybe we should just ask the Company & Union Negotiators in the same room what is up with this agreement. If they BOTH feel that this is a fair agreement, then they should ALL COME OUT OF THE CLOSET and explain it, TOGETHER, especially if they are in such accord. Not unusual if it is a true fact.... FACE US !!
October 16 at 3:09pm · Like · 3

[*]

Tim Nelson Danny Campanile, i'm sure they do have glossy visual aids. But they don't have contract language. Anyone who knows how to read, show me in LOA #5 where a full timer can't be reduced down to part time, or better yet, laid off, if there is a flight activity switch and the company decides to reduce the headcount? They have visual aids but they don't have language. You aren't voting on visual aids.
October 16 at 3:10pm · Like · 2

[*]

Bob Hilton They don't have the Balls to face us Mike
October 16 at 3:11pm · Like · 3

[*]

Tim Nelson Danny Campanile, where is the language where a full timer can't be reduced to part time for flight activity?
October 16 at 3:11pm · Like · 1

[*]

Tim Nelson Bob Hilton, they are facing folks and blowing smoke up guys like Jorge and Danny's ass. But maybe not danny because he believes most things Delaney and his boys tell him.
October 16 at 3:12pm · Like · 3

[*]

Tim Nelson Read your contract and understand it. Don't let danny and Jorge bull #### you guys into thinking that there is some mythical language that locks folks into full time if the company has a shift in flight activity.
October 16 at 3:13pm · Like · 2

[*]

Bob Hilton I trust Jorge he don't back down and will keep on them about things..
October 16 at 3:13pm · Like

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario and if you are so against it then how come your Punk ass wasn't at the meeting.
October 16 at 3:13pm · Like · 1

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario tough guy
October 16 at 3:13pm · Like · 1

[*]

Bob Hilton Everyone NEEDS to read the whole thing then decide whats good ....
October 16 at 3:14pm · Like · 1

[*]

Jorge Del Rosario listen you might be so tough on F.B but I didn't see you in the picket line or at the meeting in Marriot so I think you are full of #### have something on the Union maybe didn't get nominated and is taking it out on us and we are adults so keep being so tough on facebook cause you are not tough buddy I am done that's all
October 16 at 3:16pm · Like

[*]

Tim Nelson Read and understand. Isn't about me. I'm just saying that what you said is entirely and totally incorrect. LOA #5 doesn't say full timers can't be reduce to part time. It's only an exception letter for flexible scheduling purposes. And if there is a...See More
October 16 at 3:19pm · Like · 2

[*]

Michael Jackson Tim, Time to chill Bro, Personally directly or indirectly going after Jorge and Danny just isn't Cool right now. EVERYONE needs to CHILL for a while and come back with some new tales to tell. Jorge, get off this for awhile, Tim, go have a coke or Pepsi, Just everyone take a damn break for awhile. Let it rest
October 16 at 3:20pm · Like · 1

[*]

Gregg Sullender Don't trust either side if this pos passes everyone gets a nice chunk of money but us. Oh and free health care.
October 16 at 3:21pm via mobile · Like · 1

[*]

Danny Campanile well you must of not of learned the last time you thought i sided with someone. you talk of contract language. are you saying only you can read. you lost at your bid for president and because of that you come out every TA just to spout that they did ev...See More
October 16 at 3:21pm · Like · 1

[*]

Bob Hilton Delaney has no backbone and listens to whatever the company tells him !!! After something he did a few years back to someone, i consider him a P.O.S. !! Like Danny said read the TA and make the choice
October 16 at 3:25pm · Like · 3

[*]

Bob Hilton Michael Jackson we need to give these guys some happy juice !! hahaha
October 16 at 3:27pm · Like

[*]

Tim Nelson To the audience, LOA #5 is being used by the union bosses to tell folks that full timers can't be reduced to part time. Read LOA #5. Notice, it doesn't say what the union bosses and their pollyannas are saying. LOA #5 is only a exception letter that ...See More
October 16 at 3:28pm · Like · 2

[*]

Michael Jackson Bob Hilton, Man They Gotta call their significant others or the "Good Girls " and "Good Guys " for that, But the Personal Bashing and Attack have got to STOP........ What Point are You Making other than Pissing Each Other Off attacking each other for THEIR OPINIONS.. Let me type it again, THEIR OPINIONS.
October 16 at 3:32pm · Like · 5

[*]

Bob Hilton Amen !!!
October 16 at 3:41pm · Like

[*]

John Turner The full time commitment letter was the major topic of conversation today at Denver's union meeting. The following information is from Rich Robinson who is an appointed VP and was a negotiator. This letter only protects full time positions from being...See More
October 16 at 3:44pm · Like · 10

[*]

Tim Nelson Thank you John.
October 16 at 3:45pm · Like · 1

[*]

Tim Nelson John Turner, imo, ORD will be the biggest pissed off station if this TA passes because unlike DEN, the current contract preserved their full time jobs.
October 16 at 3:47pm · Like · 4

[*]

Patricia Santamaria Wow ok not that way difrent then wt I ws told !!!! Wt to think now huh
October 16 at 3:53pm via mobile · Like

[*]

Michael Elmore Thank you John Turner! I've been telling a bunch of people here at IAD that they're not safe due to that letter. Everyone needs to understand what is written before they make others believe wrong information!
October 16 at 4:31pm via mobile · Like · 4

[*]

Tony Cicero hey tim are you coming to our union meeting tommow..should be a packed house
October 16 at 4:43pm · Like · 1

[*]

Tony Cicero k
October 16 at 4:53pm · Like

Wayne Folk Or he needs to just pass out.
October 16 at 5:16pm · Like

Michael Klemm...We do have a FT commitment letter which secures current FT's their status except in situations of flight reductions.

October 13 at 6:41pm via mobile

This week alone over 500 reductions from FT to PT.  As I explained in my videos,  not having a union contract will allow the company to blow up full time jobs.  Presently, the United members do not have a union contract. What they have has no union work rules or protections for even basic full time jobs.  98% protected?   Not in this contract.  Case Closed!

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts