Will AA declare bankruptcy?

Will AA declare bankruptcy?

• Total voters
Quite honestly, I've lost interest re: whether there's a filing of any kind or not.

I'll not willingly give the lying bastards any more. If the Centrepork darlings just can't get by without having more given back, they'll have to use the process set forth - but that's my attitude.

I'm sure others will have different ideas.

Frank, I'm with you. Let the chips fall where they may. If the BK creates an even more hardship on my life, I will deal with that then.
I will not continue to support Corporate greed and be a yes man to every threat that comes my way.

Frank, I'm with you. Let the chips fall where they may. If the BK creates an even more hardship on my life, I will deal with that then.
I will not continue to support Corporate greed and be a yes man to every threat that comes my way.
I agree, it's out of our control, and I'm tired of the threats from the company and our union.

Unfortunately, the CompAAny has burnt to a crisp any goodwill they had left in 2003, and there wasn't much left after the 1995 six year AA/Twu drubbing.

This "Brick" just doesn't care anymore....get those hot shoe corporAAte lawyer thugs in the feds court room post-hast and get it over with.

Then, if Centerpork wants to go all the way past Chapter 11 and right into Chapter 7..... then F'KIN DO IT!!!!!! AA can be the first airline to reach that lofty goal.

The threats are no longer working.

I voted for BK in 2003, the BK threat didn't work on me then either.

I knew this shAAred sAAcrifice BS was nothing but lies....and I wasn't disappointed.

Further, I wanted to add that I truly wish it was different, but I refuse to be lied to....again.

Unfortunately, the CompAAny has burnt to a crisp any goodwill they had left in 2003, and there wasn't much left after the 1995 six year Twu drubbing.

This "Brick" just doesn't care anymore....get those hot shoe corporAAte lawyer thugs in the feds court room post-hast and get it over with.

Then, if Centerpork wants to go all the way past Chapter 11 and right into Chapter 7..... then F'KIN DO IT!!!!!! AA can be the first airline to reach that lofty goal.

The threats are no longer working.

I voted for BK in 2003, the BK threat didn't work on me then either.

I knew this shAAred sAAcrifice BS was nothing but lies....and I wasn't disappointed.

Did you expect to be treaded as an equal, shared sacrifice is just for the working folks. Also the TWU could care less about you either all they care about is numbers. The top makes the money and the folks they are suppose to represent well still 8 years and counting.

Did you expect to be treaded as an equal, shared sacrifice is just for the working folks. Also the TWU could care less about you either all they care about is numbers. The top makes the money and the folks they are suppose to represent well still 8 years and counting.
Of course I knew it would never be equal stupid. However, when a business is run as poorly as this one, I expect some AMR corporate heads to roll. If you can't cut the mustard, then out the door you go. Just like anywhere else. You think they would tolerate failure on that scale if it was your job??? I don't think so.

Continued failure is not an option. 10 Billion in losses is BEYOND failure.

The Twu is just a corporAAte union bit*ch, I have no illusions about them, never have. That's why I have signed green and yellow cards every year for 20+ years.

Of course I knew it would never be equal stupid. However, when a business is run as poorly as this one, I expect some AMR corporate heads to roll. I you can't cut the mustard, then out the door you go. Just like anywhere else. You think they would tolerate failure on that scale if it was your job??? I don't think so.

Continued failure is not an option. 10 Billion in losses is BEYOND failure.

The Twu is just a corporAAte union bit*ch, I have no illusions about them, never have. That's why I have signed green and yellow cards every year for 20+ years.

So you are saying this business has been managed poorly for 20 years, why did you stay with such a sorry company no malicious attack just trying to understand all of the folks that post here bashing the company they work for and are probably very senior folks. Why they didn't go work for a better paying and well run company.

So you are saying this business has been managed poorly for 20 years, why did you stay with such a sorry company no malicious attack just trying to understand all of the folks that post here bashing the company they work for and are probably very senior folks. Why they didn't go work for a better paying and well run company.

Can you understand the company bashing us since 2003?
Spare me the lucky to have a job speech.

The Company never bashed you. We voted on this mess we accepted the concessions even if it was done illegal has some say. There wasn't an outcry from the membership especially Tulsa so we deserve what we get. Every Local as autonomy and tulsa will continue to be pathetic because there are to many non-licensed folks that are just happy to have a job.

The Company never bashed you. We voted on this mess we accepted the concessions even if it was done illegal has some say. There wasn't an outcry from the membership especially Tulsa so we deserve what we get. Every Local as autonomy and tulsa will continue to be pathetic because there are to many non-licensed folks that are just happy to have a job.

They took billions from employees, and they want more..What do you call that if not bashing?

No, I didn't say that the business was run poorly for 20+ years, I said I have signed union representation election cards for 20+ years. Meaning to dump the Twu.

I have stayed on because I was hoping after Carty got the axe things would get better, and the rhetoric that management spouted in 2003 about giving respect to employees as well as receiving it would change....shAAred sAAcrifice...Pull Together To Win Together. Wanted to take them at their word so to speak....but most knew better going in. Some like Flatline will bow on their knees to their master no matter how many teeth get kicked out.

I bash them like they bash me. I'm just a Brick in the Backpack.... and they are just an Albatross around the AMR collective neck. I feel our management costs are far too high for the continued MAJOR losses every quarter, with one in the 500 million range. That's half a billion...yeah...one quarter.

Many people have left...look at the current pilot ejections. Many more will be....or are looking. Just waiting for some more fun....have to stick around for the corporate clown act under the Big Top.

So what about you, as a I assume your an employee? You feel the management "bashing" is undeserved?

Should we recite the AMR Corporate song each morning and smile like a slack-jawed fool....just like the wage slave robots at Wal-Mart do. Right?

I guess you didn't read the esteemed Senior VP Jeff Brundages' comments this spring? Uh, are sure your just with somebody that's stupid Mr. Stupid? :rolleyes:

And I quote: "Brundage was quoted in the Bloomberg News article as saying that the carriers labor costs were "a big brick in our backpack to being competitive in this industry."

I guess you answered my previous question. If that's not an insult, I guess I can break out some "Your momma is so..." jokes and you will love those too.

They took billions from employees, and they want more..What do you call that if not bashing?
They also lied to us.

With the medical they have exceeded the cost savings they negotiated and they have extracted more from the smaller group of workers than was agreed to from the much larger group.

With all the concessions they employed a scam called a "roll up adjustment" where all our concessions were compounded. In other words if they said a week of vacation was worth $20 million and we gave that concession, along with several others to meet their objective, they then devalued all those concessions by the 17% hourly pay cut and then said that we had to come up with more to meet the must have goal. Now we only got credit towards the goal for $16.6 million from the week of vacation. They werent working off a savings, they were working off how much we had to give up. They took two bites at the apple. (the numbers are for illustration, I dont recall off my head the exact values for each concession)

With the supplimental Medical they sold it by telling the guys that it would provide supplimental coverage when they retire but despite the fact that it was a term plan they had to buy it now or they would not be able to buy it later. Most guys bought it for that since very very few people ever exceeed the $5 million lifetime cap for incumbant workers, then the company abruptly cancelled the plan and gets to pocket whats left over afterwards. Its currently over $70 million, the guys who paid in all those years get nothing.

They promised us "shared sacrifice, shared gain" but when it didnt work out that way and were called on it said "Shared sacrifice doesnt mean equal sacrifice", it obviously didnt mean equal gain either.

Now they want us to understand the difficult financial position they are in as they order hundreds more aircraft, in addition to those they already had on order, and spend, sponsor, buy and assume everything in sight.

I'm still waiting on someone to tell me what management sacrificed the last 8 years???? anybody???

In Pull Together/Win Together......can anyone tell me what I won the last 8 years?????

Spinning off overhaul would make the most sense. TWU can still collect your dues and AAMRO is on it's way!