APA Update (The Re-birrh of American Airlines): April 20, 2012

Ok, you really are above us other groups... Sorry to bother you on your day off or layover.... There were FA's picketing on their layovers, flew in on their days off and many others there on their days off.... what " else" are you doing to change things?
I'm not employed by any part of AMR. But even "ignorant" people like me know that picketing will influence a judge just as much as mailing him your W-2. If it makes you feel good, and you have nothing better to do, then by all means, spend your day off hanging out with your co-workers on picket line. Essentially, pretend you are on strike (even though you aren't).

But if you ask where the pilots are - then don't get your panties in a wad if someone clearly articulates why the pilots might feel their time is better spent doing, well, probably anything else other than picketing.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not employed by any part of AMR. But even "ignorant" people like me know that picketing will influence a judge just as much as mailing him your W-2. If it makes you feel good, and you have nothing better to do, then by all means, then spend your day off hanging out with your co-workers on picket line. Essentially, pretend you are on strike (even though you aren't).

But if you ask where the pilots are - then don't get your panties in a wad if someone clearly articulates why the pilots might feel their time is better spent doing, well, probably anything else other than picketing.
And that says it all, you are NOT an employee for AMR! Keep your mouth shut and don't speak for our employee groups!

Reactions: 2 people
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303592404577361940584370680.html

American Airlines Mechanics to Vote on Carrier's Offer

In 2003 the employees of AA gave everything that AA asked for. Over the next several years the managment continued to give themselves bonus's, because they AVOIDED BK, so if we merge with another company in BK as apposed to post BK, I'm thinking the only difference is our management would be able to git their post BK bonus, because they hired the right consulting company's or the right BK lawyers. But if we merged with another airline while in BK they wouldn't get their bonus or any ownership in AA and this management team that created toxic relationship with the unions (after we gave everything that AA asked for)and ran AA into BK, would no longer be in control of AA. would that be the worst thing to happen to the AA employee's?

I'm not employed by any part of AMR. But even "ignorant" people like me know that picketing will influence a judge just as much as mailing him your W-2. If it makes you feel good, and you have nothing better to do, then by all means, then spend your day off hanging out with your co-workers on picket line. Essentially, pretend you are on strike (even though you aren't).

Perhaps but when we dont listen to the Judge nobody can claim that we never said anything. Sure he can ignore us, but he should not act suprosed when we ignore him and do what we have to do.

Lets face it, AA work groups hated their management. I remember vividly the APFA ad in USA Today. If your unions think it's greener on the other side....and many outsiders see it differently...maybe your union leaders are selling you out. No of course not, it doesn't happen :rolleyes:

Your industry is a master at it. I've witnessed it with the IAM and NWA. But don't take my world for it.

You should pose tough questions to your union representatives and beware of double-talk that makes you believe what you want but has a different outcome. :ph34r:

Does that standard also extend to the US Air employees flocking to this forum?.........

The forum headings indicate what the topic area of discussions are to be... "American Airlines" topics in the "American Airlines" forum, not "whose employees" are allowed to express themselves in a particular forum.

US Airways is making a play for AA. It is entirely valid that US and AA employees visit each airline's forums and share info and opinions. It is also true that many of the US people have much experience in the unfortunate situation the AA people find themselves in at this time, and have much to offer in the way of what to expect and the process.

If access by your definition is for only for AA employees, you are also a trespasser. The US people have more at stake in this drama than you do.

I suspect your discontent is you are no longer getting the attention at the level you seek, since so many new interlopers have invaded "your" forum, and the number of posts has skyrocketed lately. I'm sure if this merger business goes away, each group will go back to their respective forums and for the most part have no interest in each other.

Your need to restrict freedom of expression and dictate access is contrary to the role of a moderator, and more akin to that of an insecure bully with a keyboard.

In the meantime, I'm confident the people over at the US board feel no such animosity to the AA posters, and their opinions and insights are welcomed.

What REALLY says it all is there were more US Airways employees there picketing with us today and showing their support for the merger than AA pilots. I am not trying to stir the pot, but COME ON AA PILOTS.. WHY WEREN'T YOU THERE TODAY?

Why do you think this is?

If access by your definition is for only for AA employees, you are also a trespasser. The US people have more at stake in this drama than you do.

I didn't make the comment that only AA employees could comment -- that was someone else. And if I'm a trespasser, well, at least I'm one with an AA employee number...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303592404577361940584370680.html

American Airlines Mechanics to Vote on Carrier's Offer

In 2003 the employees of AA gave everything that AA asked for. Over the next several years the managment continued to give themselves bonus's, because they AVOIDED BK, so if we merge with another company in BK as apposed to post BK, I'm thinking the only difference is our management would be able to git their post BK bonus, because they hired the right consulting company's or the right BK lawyers. But if we merged with another airline while in BK they wouldn't get their bonus or any ownership in AA and this management team that created toxic relationship with the unions (after we gave everything that AA asked for)and ran AA into BK, would no longer be in control of AA. would that be the worst thing to happen to the AA employee's?

I would be willing to bet that the AMR execs golden parachutes clearly state that regardless of the outcome of the bankruptcy--merger or liquidation, before or after emerging from BK--they will receive generous bonusses. After all, they continued to breathe and remain upright through the whole process. By AMR standards, that is deserving of a bonus. (It appears to be the only reason bonusses have been issued in the past 9 years. The recipient didn't quit and didn't die; therefore, bonus due.)

I would be willing to bet that the AMR execs golden parachutes clearly state that regardless of the outcome of the bankruptcy--merger or liquidation, before or after emerging from BK--they will receive generous bonusses. After all, they continued to breathe and remain upright through the whole process. By AMR standards, that is deserving of a bonus. (It appears to be the only reason bonusses have been issued in the past 9 years. The recipient didn't quit and didn't die; therefore, bonus due.)

Nice soundbyte, but try toning down the venting with some facts, Jim...

The only *disclosed* incentive compensation plans AA executives have are profit sharing, and the stock performance plan.

Profit sharing ain't happening, and the stock plan is effectively null & void given the stock is worthless.

The only hope for a bonus is if one happens to show up in the POR, and that's not likely to pass muster by the UCC.

Then again, maybe there's a super-secret-not-disclosed-to-the-shareholders-or-SEC plan, but I doubt it.

Ok, you really are above us other groups... Sorry to bother you on your day off or layover.... There were FA's picketing on their layovers, flew in on their days off and many others there on their days off.... what " else" are you doing to change things?

I'm not a pilot, but I'd have to say what he is doing is not criticizing other employees whose situation he doesn't know. Can't say the same thing about you...

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Latest posts