US Airways Eyes American

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
APA INFORMATION HOTLINE: April 2, 2012

This is APA Communications Group Supervisor First Officer David Hitte with the APA Information Hotline for Monday, April 2

COMMUNICATIONS GROUP ACTIVATION: In response to management’s blatant attack on our contract through their filing of an 1113(c) motion, the Allied Pilots Association leadership has directed full activation of the communications group committees to engage the membership.

We are in the fight of our professional lives. From this point forward, we will be directing you as to what is expected of you as an individual APA member. Beginning immediately we need you to do the following:

--Attend APA domicile meetings and APA-directed events. There is no substitute for first-person contact with your domicile representatives and local and national committee volunteers. Domicile meetings are the only place where we can provide sensitive details on the issues we face. Attendance is mandatory from receipt of this message until otherwise instructed.

--Volunteer. Your domicile committee structures are in constant need of help. Service to your fellow pilots takes many forms and there is always a place for your individual talents.

--Log into the members’ side of alliedpilots.org at least twice each week. The members’ side of our site is the most efficient means of mass communication we have with our membership.

--Update your contact information via alliedpilots.org. It is critical that your local and national volunteers have the ability to contact you in real time. During the past several years, APA has made a significant investment in communications equipment and techniques, but this investment will be effective only if we have valid membership contact information.

The APA leadership will provide specific instructions in the coming days and weeks concerning other ways you can participate in supporting your union. Let no one who witnesses our conduct question our professional resolve, our desire for a prosperous company, or our unity of purpose in protecting our profession. Our ability to prevail rests largely in our ability to maintain faith and fidelity with each other.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-10/amr-executive-says-pilots-doubt-idea-of-us-airways-merger.html?cmpid=yhoo

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-10/amr-executive-says-pilots-doubt-idea-of-us-airways-merger.html?cmpid=yhoo

Wow big surprise :)
This mgmt team disdain and poor treatment of employees has not gone unnoticed. Big surprise!

Parker will never pull this off and I'm no fan of it anyway

Reactions: 1 person
Lord, I'm still trying to figure out what an APA hotline update has to do with the US COO....

Jim

I hope when this merger attempt fails the BOD looks to replace Parker he's to fixated on mergers!

Just curious who you have in mind to take his place?
Not too many good airline CEO's out on the street looking for work. Keep in mind, the next may be worse than the last....

Just curious who you have in mind to take his place?
Not too many good airline CEO's out on the street looking for work. Keep in mind, the next may be worse than the last....

I personally like Parker however I think all the merger cards will be played and the BOD will then ask for somewhat of a return on investment and I don't have much faith in him or his management team.

I personally like Parker however I think all the merger cards will be played and the BOD will then ask for somewhat of a return on investment and I don't have much faith in him or his management team.
Have you kept up with the industry? Do you not see what Parker has accomplished.

I know many here are on a hair trigger to crucify him because he's management, but drop the emotional glasses and look at it from a business POV.

The BOD isn't going to do anything and he'll be running AA when this is all said and done.

And please, save this for reference.

The Future of American Airlines Is Up in the Air

Click here to read the story.

US Airways Labor Pacts Could Hinder AMR Merger Effort

USA320Pilot comments: In my opinion, if US Airways acquires AMR there is not a change of control. Furthermore, the CoC provision was not triggered in the US Airways-America West merger.

American's Pilot's union: Is American threatened by US Airways management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts