Will Mainline Express Agents Take A 25% Pay Cut?

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
:unsure: Does anyone out there agree with the fact that the CSA's that have been expressed down to $13.01 an hour, have all ready given their fair share? They already went from $20.30 an hour to $13.01 an hour. That is $7.29 an hour less. If they take another 25% cut in this next round, then your talking $9.75 an hour. Do you think Dave will exempt them, or include them? At $9.75 and hour, thats only $20K per year. What do you think???

He will have to exempt Mainline Express, that would be way below even what a contractor would pay, and a contractor also has to make a profit.

i would hope that dave s. does exempt us but i also hope that our unions will exempt us as well. if we at the mainline express stations take another cut down to 9.75 you might as well work at a walmart or something.

FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
:unsure: Does anyone out there agree with the fact that the CSA's that have been expressed down to $13.01 an hour, have all ready given their fair share? They already went from $20.30 an hour to $13.01 an hour. That is $7.29 an hour less. If they take another 25% cut in this next round, then your talking $9.75 an hour. Do you think Dave will exempt them, or include them? At $9.75 and hour, thats only $20K per year. What do you think???
Don't you give not 1 freggin cent more!

Bronner had stated that folks who make $30,000 or less should not be asked to give more in the AFA meet/greet.

Thanks to both of you on that one. Mainline Express pay is already competetive with other Express carriers, and lower than several of them by a few Dollars an hour. Even Seth left the 30k and under folks alone for Pete's sake..... ;)

Well just keep in mind everyone, that the downsizing of mainline to express or MDA is far from over, and any cuts imposed whatsoever within the express/MDA contracts, or the seniority integration disaster that mgmt is trying to impose on MDA is a NO GO...... every agent ,who works in every city, is going to possibly be affected due to these scenarios should be prepared to vote AGAINST any proposal that involves any cutting or restructuring of express/MDA wages , seniority, etc.......everyone who is currently working as an express agent knows the severity of the hit we've taken and how our lives have changed immensely....sure we took this road by our own decision BUT....there are thousands more that will be forced to take this road before this is over....so Im telling everyone to stay together on this because the numbers will be changing and the majority will be express/MDA agents in due time with this airline....if we dont try and improve these 2 divisions of Usairways and move them back upward then there will be a MAJOR fallout within the ranks and believe me you had to have gone thru what we did in the last year as express to only understand what Im saying.....the mainline jobs are going to shrink away whether you like it or not and these express/MDA contracts are what people will be living off of ....so stay focused on what they plan to do to these areas and fight to keep them where there at and down the road to improve them........keep on top of your union leaders to not bend in these areas....and your ultimate vote opportunity will give you a chance to show them that we're at rock bottom.....

I'm mainline X_press....

I voted NO in the PAST and will continue to VOTE NO>>>>>

Case Closed!!!

My mgr mentioned that I SHOULD SEE THE VIDEO>>I AINT INTERESTED !!
Why listen to "His Propaganda BS">>>>

AMF DAVE<<<

golden1 said:
I'm mainline X_press....

I voted NO in the PAST and will continue to VOTE NO>>>>>

Case Closed!!!

My mgr mentioned that I SHOULD SEE THE VIDEO>>I AINT INTERESTED !!
Why listen to "His Propaganda BS">>>>

AMF DAVE<<<
i dont blame you it is very depressing

Opionion's are like a crack...Everyone has one!**smile***

I'm getting into a *new one*..a career that is...not a crack...

Ya know Bob, just when I begin to ACCEPT situations the way they are., along come's another AVALANCHE>.Well guess what?
I'm tired of getting Buried!

I've got 20 yrs with this place and I'm regressing back to the salary I was hired on with..

My next career will be one I enjoy....I have fun with my co-workers but the rest, I would't hit a dog in the bloomers with! Maybe throw dog poop at them..

So stop with the holier then thou attitude...

Ya just don't get it....

Tis called Internal Affairs......

Golden 1: I have enjoyed your Posts. More Power to You. If you can move on and be happy, then I am for you. I wish you all the best and prosper.

Some, unfortunately, who have not walked in our shoes will NEVER get it. :)

Dave said "no one will be exempt". I can only hope that he "forgot" about ME. ME has given more than enough. ME pay is below commuter industry standard, and quite a bit below ExpressJet (CO Express). And ExpressJet is profitable!

You can say that again! It is below almost anything out there. The Home Depot and Wally Mart are competetive in wages next to Express wages. Anyone that has been subject to these wages has been taken back 20 years already. That is more than enough. Maybe the bozo's in the Hubs can work for $13 like the Expressed now do. They carried the vote last time and sold the smaller stations down the River. I can only hope they get a taste of their own medicine this time.

Well, I think some of the hub people did get a taste of it in the form of a kiosk. Mighty big line of them in the hubs for checkin and CARS standing in front of them.
As for the Express pay, it should actually be raised if anything.

Latest posts

Back