WN cuts costs its own way, USAToday.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/7/2002 3:36:16 PM Busdrvr wrote:

[blockquote]

----------------

On 11/7/2002 12:34:33 AM Rhino wrote:

Busdrvr, why are you such a gadfly?

You work for the worst-run, most over-paid airline in the history of the world. Then you continually post disparaging, though ill-informed, remarks about JB and WN.

Latest headline:

Southwest CFO sees upward pressure on unit costs

What in my post said something bad about SWA. But you must come back with an extremely inflammitory responses. What have i posted about SWA that's not factually correct? While you're at it Rhino, why don't you tell your trusting pax about your new after start procedures and why you are starting them?

----------------

[/blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote]

FWIW, Bus' is (IMO) a member of a vocal minority who grasp at straws in their obsession with trying to discredit the few remaining viable U.S. airlines--which somehow, in their convoluted thinking, brings credibility to the dysfunctional likes of UA and US.

To me, it's like a patient in the crtical care unit who may not leave alive warning us about the serious health issues facing someone who stubbed their little toe--which will somehow serve to mitigate the life-threatening situation in which he finds himself.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 10:07:34 AM Tango-Bravo wrote:

FWIW, Bus' is (IMO) a member of a vocal minority who grasp at straws in their obsession with trying to discredit the few remaining viable U.S. airlines--which somehow, in their convoluted thinking, brings credibility to the dysfunctional likes of UA and US.

To me, it's like a patient in the crtical care unit who may not leave alive warning us about the serious health issues facing someone who stubbed their little toe--which will somehow serve to mitigate the life-threatening situation in which he finds himself.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Again, what in my original post was anti-SWA ? As for my next remark after Rhino's flaming, are you a pilot? Did SWA change the after start procedures? If they did, why did they? was it because they were averaging 1 attempt at taking off with the flaps up per MONTH? Those are the reported ones. How many weren't?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/26/2002 4:27:50 PM Rhino wrote:

Busdrvr, are you incapable of 'getting it?'
----------------
[/blockquote]

No more than 3 or 4 times a week, but whats that got do with anything?

Rhino, TB, you guys are spinning your wheels. At least he isn't as bad as someone known as 5k, aka knucklehead. KC knows who he is. A real work of art.

Usually it Rhino telling me to back off of busdrvr......Rhino:Remember,busdrvr is a pilot......you have to explain things to him very slowly!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/7/2002 3:36:16 PM Busdrvr wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/7/2002 12:34:33 AM Rhino wrote:

"Busdrvr, why are you such a gadfly?

You work for the worst-run, most over-paid airline in the history of the world. Then you continually post disparaging, though ill-informed, remarks about JB and WN."

Latest headline:
"Southwest CFO sees upward pressure on unit costs"
What in my post said something "bad" about SWA. But you must come back with an extremely inflammitory responses. What have i posted about SWA that's not factually correct? While you're at it Rhino, why don't you tell your trusting pax about your new "after start procedures" and why you are starting them?

----------------
[/blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote}

While this is major thread creep, these threads are reasonably dead enough that I doubt few will complain. The After Start Checklist has not been changed (although I hear it will be streamlined in the future). What has changed is when it is completed. It is now completed prior to calling for taxi clearance. The reasons for this are open to debate, but runway incursions are the reason I hear most often. Attempting to takeoff with the flaps not set, runway incursion, whatever the reason, it is a good change. What is bad form is to cast stones from a glass house. Engine failure out of SFO and the subsequent cacophony of Lexus alarms going off as the mighty grey whale staggers over San Bruno Mountain and the ill-fated Speed Brakes Extended go-around while lost in the Andes immediately spring to mind.

You want to send some message about SWA and their takeoff procedures, fine. If you want to be credible, how about a disclaimer?

Thankyavermuch,