WORD OF THANKS

vivi

Nov 11, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I just wanted to put out there that my last Day is Dec 6, I work in res.
I wanted really to thank the company for the on the job training. We go through many changes in our life time, this was just one of them. I really was one of the happy ones who were let go. Really, I wasn''t getting anywhere with this job, just a raise. I need a feeling of accomplishment and really got very little support.
Being a res agent really was a very stressful and hard job. Remember the rules, what date they were started, reissue the tkt, take care of silver and gold pax, dividend mile travel. I was one of the low seniority people who did everything for 12.00 hr while the 21.00 people just took calls.
I''m not saying all the 21.00 people just the ones who bragged about not having to did that stuff. I was very good at my job and did it well.
How many time in the past months I''ve had to give the sorry we no longer give waivers apology, or to say I''m sorry your in the hospital but you do have to tell us what you want to do or you lose you 400.00 tkt by midnight tonight.
I had a very good Supervisor. I was able to speak to her and discuss my pax problem because we no longer had any meetings.
Thanks to my co-workers your laughter made my job better.

THANKS USAIRWAYS I HOPE YOU PULL THROUGH
(I have 3 years of flight benefits)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 3:08:45 PM skysbg wrote:

I just wanted to put out there that my last Day is Dec 6, I work in res.

I wanted really to thank the company for the on the job training. We go through many changes in our life time, this was just one of them. I really was one of the happy ones who were let go. Really, I wasn't getting anywhere with this job, just a raise. I need a feeling of accomplishment and really got very little support.
Being a res agent really was a very stressful and hard job. Remember the rules, what date they were started, reissue the tkt, take care of silver and gold pax, dividend mile travel. I was one of the low seniority people who did everything for 12.00 hr while the 21.00 people just took calls.
I'm not saying all the 21.00 people just the ones who bragged about not having to did that stuff. I was very good at my job and did it well.
How many time in the past months I've had to give the sorry we no longer give waivers apology, or to say I'm sorry your in the hospital but you do have to tell us what you want to do or you lose you 400.00 tkt by midnight tonight.
I had a very good Supervisor. I was able to speak to her and discuss my pax problem because we no longer had any meetings.
Thanks to my co-workers your laughter made my job better.

THANKS USAIRWAYS I HOPE YOU PULL THROUGH
(I have 3 years of flight benefits)

----------------
[/blockquote]

Very nice parting words, and wish you well, You haven't even begun to list the job responsibilities of a reissue preferred agent and 12 an hour defintiely is not enough for the pressure and expertise required. But Davey wants 7.50 an hr humans doing this since certainly US cant afford the computer technology to do it all 100 percent acurately, especially reissues.He will not get quality experienced dedicated lasting help at pay rates he desires, and consequently the company and passengers will be the ones to suffer. Those jumping ship now are basically getting a head start to what will likely go down the rest of 2003 as others will be forced to follow suit.

That was a beautiful post and I'm sure many usairways employees who are on furlough appreciate your offer. What a wonderful idea!!! You are to be commended and applauded for your insight. I'm sure your company is very sucessful because of you. Thanks again from former USAirways employees.

PineyBob,

Thank you for the kind offer! It's pax like you that make our jobs worthwhile.

Dea

Good luck to you Wilma. I am taking vol furlough after 22 yrs. I also am a professional and feel like I have done my best for US. I am glad to be leaving as I find it extremely hard to be a "customer service agent" and not be allowed to give true service. I have grown more and more discouraged with the changes in the industry and especially the environment at US. I met and worked with some outstanding people that will forever be a part of me. I am grateful for the "good" years when we all worked together as a family. We had such hopes for the future for us and our airline. Time changes all though, and I am grateful for the lessons I have learned. I wish my co-workers the best and hope all will be ok for them and their families. (Thank you, Thank you to my wonderful husband in supporting me im my decision. I am so lucky) Thanks also to Art, Piney Bob and all the other genuine, caring pax we have. Thank you for providing me with a salary and benefits for 22yrs. Best wishes to you all.

Latest posts