Wtf!

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
So, I want to cash in my Dividened Miles for a ticket on one of Star Alliance partners. For some reason we cannot do this online at the website. So, I call rez line and go through the phone tree, I get to the "Star Alliance" part and get this:

"Due to an increase in our call volume all of our representatives are busy. Try your call again later."

Then you get bumped off!!!

I call again, go through the same phone tree. Same message. Get bumped off.

I call again, same as above

Now, I get through, I am being told my call will be answered in 15 minutes.

This is for you management pukes, this plain out sucks! I was able to book my miles ONLINE with America West and Northwest.

I feel for our rez agents. The company is so quick to replace people with kiosks, and count on the website to book tickets. Well, management, you are way behind the competition on this.

2 hurricanes + only 2 res offices = 500 calls on hold!!

Good going KC! How's that routing system working now?

15 minutes? That's pretty good.

Good news, I got the tickets to where I want to go. US rez agent was terrific. This is another example of "if it wasn't for the employees being great" this airline would have sank long ago. Kudos to rez for dealing with this handicap. You guys rock!

FWIW, NW has the same problem from time to time. Fortunately, their website overcomes much of this.

I've had the same experience with 800-428-4322 just disconnecting you.. luckily, I have accumulated a stable of USAirways phone numbers through my time ranging from Preferred (Silver and without the Silver) to Chairman's Preferred and those numbers work a bit better...

Eye in the Sky,

Thank you for the pat on the back to those of us in rez. We really appreciate it. I am embarrased by the lack of customer service USAirways provides. I am issuing "blameless apologies" every day, all day. In my life, I do not put up with being disconected, or long hold times. I will call somewhere else.....and our customers have a lot of choices.

On another note, INT had a "solidarity" day today. Union stewards put up red balloons at every position, agents were asked to wear red, and every two hours everyone stood up at their position for 15 minutes(still working, of course) and after fifteen minutes we all clapped and sat down. I was surprised at all the people who participated, it was absolutely a majority. Looks like I'm not the only one who is "mad as **** and not going to take it anymore!"

pitflyer said:
I've had the same experience with 800-428-4322 just disconnecting you.. luckily, I have accumulated a stable of USAirways phone numbers through my time ranging from Preferred (Silver and without the Silver) to Chairman's Preferred and those numbers work a bit better...
[post="168074"][/post]​

So many people have these numbers... BUT BEWARE... If you come in on a preferred line and you are not preferred its off to hold land for you. We are being watched and we must transfer the call if it is not on the correct line! Silly I know. KC thinks its working!!!!!!!! Maybe she needs to put on a headset!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I am off the next two days. Going to be HELL there!!!!!!!

You know on a day like today I just have to take the call. Especially when it comes in on the reissue line and it's a reaccom due to weather. I know what you'll say RumorS but frankly I don't give a damn any more. Good customer service is good customer service regardless of what angle you look at it. I know one of these days I'll get caught and get written up until they force me to avoid doing my job then I will keep doing it.

BTW, I had some poor woman who held for 50 minutes to change her ticket today. 15 minutes isn't bad.

The reason why we are so busy besides the tropical weather and the return of the NE afternoon and evening thunderstorms is also because we are sending out schedule changes via phone/email ect. There has gotta be a way to stop than crap when we are under siege due to the weather. This reminds me years ago when we were averaging over 200 calls on hold and we were calling about schedule changes 8 months out!!!! The same old same old. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing!!!! I too have had people call on the preferred line who are not preferred and have no problem transfering them to the correct line. Another thing that is causing an increase in call volume is people trying to change there tickets due to the hurricane that are not even going to be affected by the system. Typical to say the least...lets try to take advantage of something that they do not even qualify for!!!!!

Many US Airways EE's take advantage of loyal customers so why shouldn't customers treat you like you treat them. NO RESPECT for who brung ya!!

balloonguy, the agent I spoke with yesterday and was on the phone with me for 40 minutes and was nothing but terrific. I know they were getting creamed with calls and he was very professional and cordial. I really haven't had a rude US agent in a long time. Keep up the great work!

Yea, and I suppose that you're going to tell me that you haven't had a rude gate agent or flight attendant either????????

balloonguy, hate to burst you anger bubble (pardon the pun), but I haven't had a rude agent or flight attendant in recent memory on any airline I've flown in the last few years. Maybe it's because I treat people the way I would want to be treated. Cop a 'tude and you can surely expect one in return. Seems simple but so many people seem to forget that.

livingontheedge said:
On another note, INT had a "solidarity" day today. Union stewards put up red balloons at every position, agents were asked to wear red, and every two hours everyone stood up at their position for 15 minutes(still working, of course) and after fifteen minutes we all clapped and sat down. I was surprised at all the people who participated, it was absolutely a majority.
[post="168118"][/post]​

Less than half of the folks in INT even participated, and those that did only were out of their chairs for 3 minutes.

Latest posts

Back