Xna?

We sure could use you folks over here at XNA (Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport)...

XNA is currently served by:

Northwest (DC9, Avro, and CRJ) to MEM, DTW, MSP
American (MD80, ERJ, CR7, J41) to DFW, ORD, LGA, LAX, STL
Delta (CRJ, CR7) to ATL, CVG, SLC
United (CRJ) to ORD, DEN
Continental (ERJ) to HOU, CLE, EWR
& US Airways (ERJ) to CLT

There is certainly a market here to support the 717 a few times a day to Atlanta, LaGuardia, Baltimore...

BUT -- if you cant just cant justify XNA, then how about Tulsa? (90 minute drive west)

www.flyxna.com

Furloughedagain said:
We sure could use you folks over here at XNA (Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport)...

XNA is currently served by:

Northwest (DC9, Avro, and CRJ) to MEM, DTW, MSP
American (MD80, ERJ, CR7, J41) to DFW, ORD, LGA, LAX, STL
Delta (CRJ, CR7) to ATL, CVG, SLC
United (CRJ) to ORD, DEN
Continental (ERJ) to HOU, CLE, EWR
& US Airways (ERJ) to CLT

There is certainly a market here to support the 717 a few times a day to Atlanta, LaGuardia, Baltimore...

BUT -- if you cant just cant justify XNA, then how about Tulsa? (90 minute drive west)

www.flyxna.com
[post="277875"][/post]​

oh man, had to travel their to visit wallymart and i tell you that new concourse(????????) is TERRIBLE. all metal, no air conditioning, NO WINDOWS. who ever approved this ought to be shot.

its like walking through an empty walmart distribution center. this could scare new carriers away!

:down: :down: :down:

Yeah,

I dont blame you. When they first started building it I was under the impression that it was a temporary concourse until they could build a more permanent wing on the terminal -- which, except for the new section, is very nice, modern, and new-looking.

Now i've been told that it is permanent. It definately makes the regional-jet product seem inferior. Fortunately for Northwest and American they have full-size jetways from the second-floor. The Avro, DC9, and MD88 - of course - use those. American also runs all of its RJs out of its jetway.

One of these days the legacy carriers will have to realize that if they want the traveling public to accept the RJs, they'll have to make the RJ a competitive product. The "honeymoon" period during which the consumer was just glad to not have to ride on a turboprop is over.

Many services to XNA, such as AA's service to LaGuardia and Los Angeles (neither which run on Saturdays) are heavily subsidized by Wal*Mart, Tyson Chicken, and major F-500 companies coming to do business with the great folks at Wal*Mart. They'll be sticking with their cartel carriers. There is no room for airTran at XNA.

Furloughedagain said:
One of these days the legacy carriers will have to realize that if they want the traveling public to accept the RJs, they'll have to make the RJ a competitive product. The "honeymoon" period during which the consumer was just glad to not have to ride on a turboprop is over.
[post="278371"][/post]​

That is already happening.

American Eagle offers meal service on their RJs. United Express is fitting certain RJs with F class and Premium Economy. And Air Canada's new CRJ-705s feature first class, 34" of pitch in coach (industry average is 31"), and PTVs at every seat.

That's a shame. I travel through ATL quite a bit. If I could fly a 717 (rather than an RJ), board and deplane via a jetway rather than walking through the rain and up the stairs in the bowels of ATL, and enjoy a single-concourse connection rather than enjoying a weekly tour of Hartsfield ... AND save money doing it, I would most certainly do so.

There's obviously a market here for the reasons that you stated. I'd be interested to find out if they are subsidized as you suggest, the loads would seem to suggest otherwise (although I dont know what kind of yields they're getting). The weekday travel to XNA would seem to be high-yield simply as a result of the vendor traffic in and out of the area (try getting a rental car or hotel room during a weekday...)

I could see 3X a day from ATL working well, and one-turn a day to the Northeast corridor (PHL, BWI, or BOS)

This is the 2nd fastest growing metropolitan area in the country. Being on the leading edge of that growth and capturing market-share ahead of time might be worth looking into.

MAH4546 said:
That is already happening.

American Eagle offers meal service on their RJs. United Express is fitting certain RJs with F class and Premium Economy. And Air Canada's new CRJ-705s feature first class, 34" of pitch in coach (industry average is 31"), and PTVs at every seat.
[post="278406"][/post]​

and they ( AE) need to serve more THAN ONCE on those flight sto LGA LAX.

service especially to LGA has been horrible. Once thru and thats it!!!!

How long is the flight? At AA rule is under 2.5 hours, then one service. You can always ask for another drink as well if you get thirsty. I am sure they won't mind.

IORFA said:
How long is the flight? At AA rule is under 2.5 hours, then one service. You can always ask for another drink as well if you get thirsty. I am sure they won't mind.
[post="279432"][/post]​

2:45 east bound. Why would we have to ask? instead of reading most of the time they should be up and down the aisle every 20 minutes.
restaurants give better service.

And yes, its to often they feel "annoyed" if we ring the call bell a few times.....

Furloughedagain said:
There's obviously a market here for the reasons that you stated. I'd be interested to find out if they are subsidized as you suggest, the loads would seem to suggest otherwise (although I dont know what kind of yields they're getting). The weekday travel to XNA would seem to be high-yield simply as a result of the vendor traffic in and out of the area (try getting a rental car or hotel room during a weekday...)

[post="278645"][/post]​

The loads the flights are getting don't have anything to do with the subsidies. Eagle's LAX and LGA flights are subsidized to the point were they can basiclly go out empty and still be profitable.

MAH4546 said:
The loads the flights are getting don't have anything to do with the subsidies. Eagle's LAX and LGA flights are subsidized to the point were they can basiclly go out empty and still be profitable.
[post="280290"][/post]​
What kind of subsidies are they getting?...and from who?

St.Louis makes much more sence to open instead of xna. its 40 times the market that xna is and has all kinds of gate space that the city will give away. and aa has walked away from it.

airport said:
What kind of subsidies are they getting?...and from who?
[post="280346"][/post]​

From who? Wal*Mart and their suppliers! Who else? It's certainly not Tyson chicken. Here is an article from today's Houston Chronicle that explains XNA's demographics, and partially helps explain why the city gets so much air service:
<http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/business/3252459>

St.Louis makes much more sence to open instead of xna. its 40 times the market that xna is and has all kinds of gate space that the city will give away. and aa has walked away from it.

AA has walked away from it? Yeah, that explains why AA has 220 daily flights and over half the airport's traffic. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Re: STL

I'm not airline management guru but it seems to me that i'd rather serve a small airport (provided it has the traffic) where I have some control over yields vs. a large airport with a VERY large LCC operation (i/e SWA in STL).

XNA is primarily business traffic....week after week after week.

In a recent newspaper article the CEO of Frontier told XNA to come back when they have room for a ticket counter and some more jetways.

Borrow USAir's ticket counter, lease NWA's jetway a few times a day (or roll up some airstairs until new jetways are built) and beat them to the punch!

Latest posts