You Know You've Made It When...

duf

Sep 9, 2004
As a wannabe,
Just curious what would be your ideal aircraft (rotary only-I wanna fly the f-22 too)

I'm with you in the wanna-be class duf! But for me if I were at the controls of a Kamov KA-32....woah baby! Those bad boys are mighty impressive to see come thumping over to VIH. Guess I'd need to learn Russian first thought to read the guages B) . But for now I'm really chomping at the bit to get into the seat of a Jet Ranger. Nothing gets my blood going more than hearing a turbo-shaft wind up after ignition!

How about the k-max. I seen one do a 360 auto at cyxx while i was doing hovering exercises in the infield. Maybe not the nicest looking machine but i bet it would be fun to fly.

AJ- Same here. Know nothing about it, but it looks slick.

Wouldent mind giving the old S-64 skycrane a try. In both the forward and aft seats . The aft facing controls must be something? Bet it's pretty cool!!

psssst...hey guys....yeah you guys, the 130 lovers....

I know where I can get you one....

would you like it with leather interior, or premium cloth? What colour do you want? Flashy graphics? Squirrel cheeks???

hate to admit it but i've never gone for a ride in a 500D... would love to some day... anyone coming through YQR who needs to do a power check would find an eager pax here!! :)

I would love to climb into an ol' 47 and see that panoramic view again,or a Norseman or a Fox Moth....It's been over 30 years since I was in any of them.....But if I'm doing the flying all three would be rolled up in a ball.....I'll leave the flying to the Pilots and I'll do the fix'en as usual.She'd be a hoot though.....

Can anyone sum up fact from fiction with Airwolf?
The afterburner can't be real!
What's the make of the A/c it is based on?

If Superman can fly, Airwolf can do mach 1.

Do we now want to question the powers of KITT the super car?

if memory serves me correct, duf, airwolf was a stock bell 222 operated by jetcopters of van nuys, but don't quote me on jetcopters... i remember reading something somewhere once that the "jet thrusters" were just for show built onto the sponsons but i imagine they had to get the nod from the FAA for the mod...

more locally, when airwolf was being filmed in canada, vancouver helicopters had the 206 in santini air colors fighting fires out of prince albert for awhile.. i happened to be there and have some pics of it in the star spangled banner livery with the little float helicopter logo on the door and no santini signs on the side...

must have been fun showing up for a fire in that!!! :up: :D

Hmmmm... Rotorway Exec 90, now there's a machine. Seriously though if I had the chance to fly a fantasy machine it would be the big Russian Mi-26 Halo.

Any aircraft owned by Hugh Hefner would do me just fine, now that would be a fun set of aft facing controls to try!!!!! :up:

Back