Your very OBJECTIVE opinion please

Thank you to everyone for your replies and advice. Herein lies the reason this detachment is difficult, most people who work this job, fellow co-workers, share a bond that only those doing the job understand. Thus, the reason I asked for the advice from my fellow friends. It is a hard decision...one I know the answer to now. Fly safe.

Thank you to everyone for your replies and advice. Herein lies the reason this detachment is difficult, most people who work this job, fellow co-workers, share a bond that only those doing the job understand. Thus, the reason I asked for the advice from my fellow friends. It is a hard decision...one I know the answer to now. Fly safe.

Unless you absolutely detest your other job then you should leave. We hate to lose you but there is no future here. If you hate your other job, then stay and reevaluate your other options, then make plans to leave. I agree Piney Bob. The people we work with are great but they don't pay our mortgages. Hell, they can't even pay their own mortgages. I don't know how it was for you when you were furloughed but rarely did I think about flying. When I left, I never looked back and for those 4.5 years that I was out I never thought I would be back until I received a letter from US Airways and made a decision in a weak moment in my life on a whim without thinking it through. I don't regret coming back because this is what I needed to see that confirms this truly isn't what I want to do. It will be hard for you. I think it will be difficult for me when I leave even though I can't stand this crummy place. After you have left though, you will get on with your life and be glad you made the decision when you see your paychecks and when you have your freedom again. That's my two cents. (I worked a 24 hour four day for those two cents!)

As someone who resigned from US Airways during BK2 to take a job with CRAPA (ALPA), I can tell you that the grass is always greener on the other side. I sooooooo miss being a flight attendant -- call me crazy, but I really do. It is the LIFESTYLE and free time that I love. Working Monday through Friday and living for the weekends blows. I regret the decision to quit almost every day and want to fly again. Money isn't everything.

As someone who resigned from US Airways during BK2 to take a job with CRAPA (ALPA), I can tell you that the grass is always greener on the other side. I sooooooo miss being a flight attendant -- call me crazy, but I really do. It is the LIFESTYLE and free time that I love. Working Monday through Friday and living for the weekends blows. I regret the decision to quit almost every day and want to fly again. Money isn't everything.

Yes, working a 9-5 and living for weekends does blow and it drove me absolutely crazy when I did it, but I bet you weren't making only $1600 and suffering from the worst f/a reserve system in the industry were you when you quit? You were making a lot more and not suffering from what us junior, reserve f/as suffer. When you can't pay your bills, then money is everything.

Yes, working a 9-5 and living for weekends does blow and it drove me absolutely crazy when I did it, but I bet you weren't making only $1600 and suffering from the worst f/a reserve system in the industry were you when you quit? You were making a lot more and not suffering from what us junior, reserve f/as suffer. When you can't pay your bills, then money is everything.

I was in year 7 on the pay scale, so I was not rich. I was on reserve and suffered the blow of going from primary blockholder to secondary blockholder to senior reserve to LTO reserve. Things were not pretty when I left and we did not have the option to pick up trips on off days to increase the income (I know you guys get this now and it pays above guarantee). So, I was only being paid the minimum guarantee and hardly had per diem (it is hard to get when you are only flying 40 hours a month).

As far as money not being everything -- that is relative to the situation and person, I suppose. When I say it, it means I am willing to live with 12 people in a two bedroom apartment again to make ends meet to return to the job I really love.

I was in year 7 on the pay scale, so I was not rich. I was on reserve and suffered the blow of going from primary blockholder to secondary blockholder to senior reserve to LTO reserve. Things were not pretty when I left and we did not have the option to pick up trips on off days to increase the income. So, I was only being paid the guarantee and hardly had per diem (it is hard to get when you are only flying 40 hours a month).

As far as money not being everything -- that is relative to the situation and person, I suppose. When I say it, it means I am willing to live with 12 people in a two bedroom apartment again to make ends meet to return to the job I really love.

I agree with you, it is relative and depends on the each persons personal situation. I have a spouse and home and a lifestyle that i'd be willing to change if it were just me. I would live with multiple roomates to make ends meet. However, for me I have to think about the other person in my life which my choices affect also. It sounds like your love for the job is right up there with mine.

I agree with you, it is relative and depends on the each persons personal situation. I have a spouse and home and a lifestyle that i'd be willing to change if it were just me. I would live with multiple roomates to make ends meet. However, for me I have to think about the other person in my life which my choices affect also. It sounds like your love for the job is right up there with mine.

The other person in my life is still a flight attendant, so I guess I am lucky in that he totally understands and loves the job, too. He was furloughed and left a really good paying job to go back to flying. While his credit card debt escalated, I know he couldn't be happier, and I am soooo jealous.

Does anyone have any insight? And please, I am asking for objective advice not criticism.

I believe that if you're happy at work, then you should stay. Money is important, but if you truly hate going to work, then all the money in the world won't make your job better. I am thinking about quitting myself (after 14 years). It's a tough decision, but my priorities have changed. If you could take a leave, then you could have some more time to think things through, and see how much you like/dislike your other job. Whatver you do, good luck!

If you have an alternative to working at this sh&t hole company, you should run screaming from this place. THERE IS NO FUTURE WITH THIS MANAGEMENT GROUP.

Oh good lord.. no one has to work a 9 to 5 job anymore. Hell..I didn't work one when I started with this company and that was 19 years ago. Get real.

If you want...you can work out of your house. That isn't what I'd want do do because I'd go stir crazy but the possibilities are limitless.

Think it through....do what's best for you and your family.

Latest posts