340's and China

Anyway!!! Yes we know that the airline is screwed up and yes we can ALL agree that we want it to be better and that there need to be big changes. Yes there are people on the West that have no clue but at the same time I see people on the East that don't get it either, all the while there are FF's that think they are owed everything and then some that are just tickled that they got their upgrade. Honestly all I ask for is to be excited to come to work again, have a good time and have the tools to do my job so that my co-workers and passengers alike (well the majority anyway) are happy with what they are given and at the end of the day I can once again be proud to say who I work for.

With that being said the point of this thread was about China and the 340's and since the award has been finalized lets get on with it. Now my understanding is that since the award was finalized and in the application US has A340-300 written all over it, wouldn't that mean that the route pretty much has to be flown with the A340 just like it says it will be flown between those city pairs? I read the DOT site with the application and from what I gather you pretty much have to do what you say or you forfit.

I'm not blaming the customer. I firmly believe in feedback from clients its the only way to improve your product. However constant complaining by any one (employee or customer) creates "the boy who cried wolf" environment. I have had bad experiences on other airlines or with other service companies. I just pick what I choose to complain about instead of everything. I actually go out of my way to complement other companies when I receive good service. (ie above and beyond).

If you sit back and look at the posts every thing Tempe does is attacked. Uniforms, Holiday Meals, InFlight Entertainment, Adding 757's to Europe, China Route Authority, etc.

I get the point - I should stop posting unless - I have something to criticize about Tempe.

I get the point - I should stop posting unless - I have something to criticize about Tempe.

Not at all. You should continue to post your opinions.

Just realize that 1) they don't necessarily reflect what others think, and 2) all of the items you listed in your post are things that most other posters don't think are being handled properly, if at all, by Tempe.

Now my understanding is that since the award was finalized and in the application US has A340-300 written all over it, wouldn't that mean that the route pretty much has to be flown with the A340 just like it says it will be flown between those city pairs? I read the DOT site with the application and from what I gather you pretty much have to do what you say or you forfit.

I am pretty sure you are correct with this assertion. If US tries to switch the plane that it flies on the route....there is a VERY likely chance the award will be taken away and either given to someone else or put out for another bid. The reason that I say this is because of an experience I had a couple of months back. I interviewed for a finance position with United, and it was right after the awards were announced. A guy who worked for United said that they really thought that they should have been awarded LAX-Shanghai....and that too many flights were going to the east coast when the west coast is where most of the demand lies. Anyway, I said that they probably didn't get it (despite the compelling application), simply because they had so many frequencies, were just given IAD-Beijing, and were the only carrier eligible to get SFO-Guangzhou....I said that had they had many less frequencies, they could have been a shoe-in...to which he agreed.

I then asked how IAD-Beijing was doing, and he basically told me that it was underperforming....I asked why, and he said that a 747-400 was too much capacity on the route.....and the abundance of seats were depressing yields and not really being filled. I asked why they didn't just stick a 777-200ER on the route....to which he said that they would like to, but they filed their application with the 747-400, and it was stated by the DOT that the fact that UA was offering the most seats in a restricted market was one of the reasons they were chosen over the other 777 (AA, CO), etc applications. They said that because they won the route and stated that it would be on a 747-400, they can't just change it, and could be subject to review and revocation if changed.

So yeah....in short....all of this BS about switching to a restricted A330-200 just doesn't seem to be more than typical flight crew rumor mill stuff. If US is really going to fly the flight, they will acquire A340-300 aircraft, with the configuration advertised.

This is not about labor contracts, labor issues, or anything other than the 340's and China. Get back on topic or we'll close it.

The topic regarding customers and employees vs. the company could hold its own thread on these boards.

Happy New Year all...

If you sit back and look at the posts every thing Tempe does is attacked. Uniforms, Holiday Meals, InFlight Entertainment, Adding 757's to Europe, China Route Authority, etc.

and, rightfully so. It is hopeful the same mistakes made with 757s to Europe will not be repeated with the China thing, but, since no changes have been made in the infrastructure that led to the 757 to Europe debacle, the hope is dwindling fast.

No one even implied that.

Letters and email go with no reply. This may be the only venue to, in a semi-public way, to document the management abuses that occur daily at US. It is something the company could really profit from but seems too busy stepping over in their haste to pick up that penny.

Latest posts