3rd Party Work

Runwaysticker

Advanced
Dec 24, 2007
Has anyone herd of any 3rd party work coming to AFW or TUL? And what about the Delta hanger at DFW ant plans ?

Has anyone herd of any 3rd party work coming to AFW or TUL? And what about the Delta hanger at DFW ant plans ?
<_< ------ Wouldn't be surprised that was one of the reasons for hiring the Capt. Maybe he can bring in some Military Contracts. Nothing new for MCI, we worked C-9's here, before our management (TWA) screwed it up and let the contract go!

<_< ------ Wouldn't be surprised that was one of the reasons for hiring the Capt. Maybe he can bring in some Military Contracts. Nothing new for MCI, we worked C-9's here, before our management (TWA) screwed it up and let the contract go!
Yea thats true, with the news release about 250 or so AMTs added in the first quarter something is up.............

Yea thats true, with the news release about 250 or so AMTs added in the first quarter something is up.............
Considering the amount of people who've retired, quit, etc. since the layoffs started, adding back 250 is really not much to talk about. If they exhausted the 2,500 or so on the recall list, then we might have a story. I don't have the exact numbers on me, but the recall to attrittion number is still around 1 recall for every 4 or 5 that left.

:lol:
Considering the amount of people who've retired, quit, etc. since the layoffs started, adding back 250 is really not much to talk about. If they exhausted the 2,500 or so on the recall list, then we might have a story. I don't have the exact numbers on me, but the recall to attrittion number is still around 1 recall for every 4 or 5 that left

so they must be less work to do now, or is more work being done with less people, hard to belive since you gave up all the holidays/vacation/sick time/double time ect.....................and contract talks in the works? go figure

Considering the amount of people who've retired, quit, etc. since the layoffs started, adding back 250 is really not much to talk about. If they exhausted the 2,500 or so on the recall list, then we might have a story. I don't have the exact numbers on me, but the recall to attrittion number is still around 1 recall for every 4 or 5 that left.
<_< ------ The numbers I'm hearing is that they're only getting a 20% acceptance rate to recall. :shock:

That number would be at 1930 without SIS included. You can figure at least another 200 on top of that for SIS.

That number would be at 1930 without SIS included. You can figure at least another 200 on top of that for SIS.
So with the previous recalls it would be in the 1 recall to 7 who left, but it reason to celebrate when you have over 2,800 on the street and the twu is talking new hires. :shock:

http://www.twu565.org/documents/Holidaylet...2-20-200711.pdf

We have had the good fortune this year to welcome back all of our laid off brothers and
sisters, many of whom have spent three plus years laid off. I am happy to have each and every
one of you back and I regret it took so long. I am also cautiously optimistic that we might see
2008 seniority members hired here at DFW in the coming year.
This scenario should give
comfort to our junior members as the industry cycles and puts members on the seniority list
below them.

Why have a union if 2,800 can remain on the street while we hire newbies or fsc upgrades? I can't believe that a fully trained layed off mechanic from another station goes below an upgraded fsc on the hiring totem pole. :down: Every mechanic on the street should be offered the new positions prior to new hires.

Announcement Details for Monday, Dec. 17, 2007:

Subject Matter Expert: Tami McLallen, Corporate Communications, [email protected].

Questions and Answers

Q: How many AA maintenance employees are currently on furlough?
A: About 2,800 maintenance employees are currently on furlough.

Q: When was the last maintenance recall?
A: We recalled and reassigned about 100 maintenance employees at our Tulsa base in March 2007. About 60 employees were returned to full AMT positions, which resulted in pay increases in the form of license and skill premiums.

Q: How quickly do maintenance employees need to make a decision if they are recalled?
A: Once notified, maintenance employees have 10 days to make that decision.

Q: Is the work increase due to third-party work?
A: There are several factors at play. While American is actively seeking and winning third-party work, a part of the increase in work volume will come from American's own fleet. For example, American has begun work on
overhauling landing gears on our Boeing 777 and 737 fleets as well as the landing gears on the American Eagle ERJ fleet. We will also start heavy checks on the General Electric CFM56-7 engine, which powers our 737 fleet.

Q: What work volume increases do you foresee?
A: American has begun work on overhauling landing gears on our Boeing 777 and 737 fleets along with overhauling the landing gears on the American Eagle ERJ fleet. We will also start heavy checks on the General Electric CFM56-7 engine, which powers our 737 fleet. Our Kansas City facility is continuing to add modification work. Also, we will need extra manpower for future projects, including updating our 767-300 fleet with winglets.

We are also focused on improving our customer service experience. including the installation of new lie-flat seats and enhanced inflight entertainment in the Business Class cabin on all our 767-300s and the First and Business Class cabins of our 777-200 aircraft. Our line maintenance organization is focusing more on cabin interior maintenance to ensure that we provide our customers with the best inflight experience possible.

Q: Will the workforce increase impact negotiations?
A: While we reviewed our needs and plans for adding additional headcount with the TWU, the expansion is separate from our ongoing negotiations.

Q: What type of employees are you bringing back?
A: The workforce expansion will impact a variety of maintenance employees.

Source: American Airlines

<_< ------ The numbers I'm hearing is that they're only getting a 20% acceptance rate to recall. :shock:
That number seems to be about right for those being recalled from the street. There is one good thing about being on the street for a period of time. It forces you to move on.

Workforce EXPANSION?

Another twist of words by our wonderful leaders.

Our workforce is considerably smaller now than after 2003 restructuring agreement layoffs were completed.

The number of folks died, retired, resigned, and terminated outnumber the projected recall by thousands.

There is no way this should be considered or described as "workforce expansion".

Third party work, what little there has been has done nothing to improve the mechanic livelyhood or buying power in today's economy. Unless you consider a BBQ Sandwhich combined with a $50 gift card substantial, then like myself you are in need of 2003 concession recovery not more third party work to line managements pockets with bonuses and/or union dues payers added to the TWU payroll.

Good Grief they must think we are STUPID!

Too bad we cannot go back and appeal to the National Mediation Board now and prove the numbers used to prevent a representation election to oust the TWU were just as bogus as the term "workforce expansion" :blink:

<_< ----- Sometimes I wonder how serious AA's is about doing 3rd. party work. I read an article on the critical shortage of vender's that are willing, or able, to overhaul Landing Gears. Would be good work for TUL, or even here at MCI. But I haven't heard of anyone going after that type of work! :unsure:

[Why have a union if 2,800 can remain on the street while we hire newbies or fsc upgrades? I can't believe that a fully trained layed off mechanic from another station goes below an upgraded fsc on the hiring totem pole. :down: Every mechanic on the street should be offered the new positions prior to new hires.

Has this been happening recently? Where lower classification employees on payroll with less seniority are moving into mechanic positions? I know it is possible with this contract. If so what stations? Also with the contract being negotiated has the current RIF procedure, juniority lists and the totem pole you refer to in the transfer procedures, been put on the table for change. Such as seniority and qualifications allow you to displace wherever they may hold? Ought to be a wake up call to even the so called native AA'ers. When in theory you could get laid off at DFW and not bump AFW because they werent on a list.Thats a bad system.

[Why have a union if 2,800 can remain on the street while we hire newbies or fsc upgrades? I can't believe that a fully trained layed off mechanic from another station goes below an upgraded fsc on the hiring totem pole. :down: Every mechanic on the street should be offered the new positions prior to new hires.

Has this been happening recently? Where lower classification employees on payroll with less seniority are moving into mechanic positions? I know it is possible with this contract. If so what stations? Also with the contract being negotiated has the current RIF procedure, juniority lists and the totem pole you refer to in the transfer procedures, been put on the table for change. Such as seniority and qualifications allow you to displace wherever they may hold? Ought to be a wake up call to even the so called native AA'ers. When in theory you could get laid off at DFW and not bump AFW because they werent on a list.Thats a bad system.
Not sure if it has happened yet, just making mention of the local 565 president's intentions. I do find it to be wrong to hire newbies prior to offering the position to every person on the recall list systemwide. I highly doubt it would be on the table for change as it benefits the company with lower costs and the union only asks for what the comapny wants to give. :down:

It sounds like to me once you are off the payroll, :down: you are last to get back on even though you have much more experence as a AMT........

Latest posts