3rd Party Work

It sounds like to me once you are off the payroll, :down: you are last to get back on even though you have much more experence as a AMT........
That would be the case. To me, openings should go to station recalls first, followed by transfers, followed by the offering of a job based on the systemwide recall list in seniority order, than other classifications upgrading--with priority given to those already in title 1 as an osm, etc.

That would be the case. To me, openings should go to station recalls first, followed by transfers, followed by the offering of a job based on the systemwide recall list in seniority order, than other classifications upgrading--with priority given to those already in title 1 as an osm, etc.
:up: ------NOW YOUR TALKING! This is what seniority is all about! But the TWU has prostituted the vary meaning of it! How long you going to put up with it people???---- :rant:

The flaw with station recalls trumping transfer recalls is that if the first out the door bump as many places as they can they will go back to work before a senior employee, in the event of a large layoff as in 2005, because they hold recall rights to those stations. I know because there are AMTs 10 years junior to me who have been recalled and are working (good for them) because of this system.

The flaw with station recalls trumping transfer recalls is that if the first out the door bump as many places as they can they will go back to work before a senior employee, in the event of a large layoff as in 2005, because they hold recall rights to those stations. I know because there are AMTs 10 years junior to me who have been recalled and are working (good for them) because of this system.
You do make a good point, I was just looking at it from a current language perspective and how it allows upgrades prior to recalling qualified AMT's. I don't see any joy in bragging about potential new hires, when 2,800 union brothers are still on the street. What your saying would be great if we could do a complete re-write of the language, something the company wouldn't want, so therefore the twu wouldn't fight for. <_< That kind of language would require a new union coming in and re-writing the whole book.

Has anyone herd of any 3rd party work coming to AFW or TUL? And what about the Delta hanger at DFW ant plans ?

AA management has been saying that they want DWH(DFW Hangar 5) filled with aircraft by the end of next year. They want to staff the hangar as well as the shops. There is only one way they can do this: Sell off AFW and MCI and send that work to DWH and TUL.

You do make a good point, I was just looking at it from a current language perspective and how it allows upgrades prior to recalling qualified AMT's. I don't see any joy in bragging about potential new hires, when 2,800 union brothers are still on the street. What your saying would be great if we could do a complete re-write of the language, something the company wouldn't want, so therefore the twu wouldn't fight for. <_< That kind of language would require a new union coming in and re-writing the whole book.
Your right with that many laid off there is nothing to brag about. I guess it is a pipe dream that actual seniority and qualifications would determine if you stay or return to work.

Your right with that many laid off there is nothing to brag about. I guess it is a pipe dream that actual seniority and qualifications would determine if you stay or return to work.
You're out of order brother!!! How dare you want the only thing worth a shet in the contract, seniority, to actually count when you are on the street. Don't our FSC's deserve to be upgraded in your time of need? :rolleyes:

You're out of order brother!!! How dare you want the only thing worth a shet in the contract, seniority, to actually count when you are on the street. Don't our FSC's deserve to be upgraded in your time of need? :rolleyes:

You are pretty good at that "You're out of order brother!!!" exclaimation.

I predict you will one day be a TWU Local President.... :eek:

You are pretty good at that "You're out of order brother!!!" exclaimation.

I predict you will one day be a TWU Local President.... :eek:
No, I had thoughts of it in the past, but just can't stomach the thought of working under the twu banner. I'll hold out for a new union, but thanks for the endorsement. :D

AA management has been saying that they want DWH(DFW Hangar 5) filled with aircraft by the end of next year. They want to staff the hangar as well as the shops. There is only one way they can do this: Sell off AFW and MCI and send that work to DWH and TUL.

Management is using DHW as a scare tactic for all the bases. There is zero chance of having the hangar full by the end of this year. There is a zero chance of any shops being placed at DWH in the next year.

There is a need for a very small A/C cleaners shop staffed with three or four cleaners and management will not even entertain that.

Management really what’s DWH to be DFW’s out of service hangar. At this point I think management will get what they really want.

<_< ------- Another example of missed opportunity is here at MCI. Capital Airlines has had three, at one time four, 767-200's, here for well over a year they want to convert to cargo configuration. They bought the A/C from AA, and contracted with some Italian outfit to put a door in the side of the fuselage. Well the Italians have been working on one for over a year now, and can't seem to get the A/C to pressurize! Will, Capital now has taken the work to Israel! ------ The three remaining 767's are here, and now they want us to do a "bridging check" on them. Well after sitting on the ground for over a year, I have never, in my 35+ years in this business, seen so much paper work!------ But my question would be, why AA hasn't gone after the door Mod.? I'm sure TUL. could handle it, or we could. But not with the head count we have now! That may have something to do with it! :down:

<_< ------- Another example of missed opportunity is here at MCI. Capital Airlines has had three, at one time four, 767-200's, here for well over a year they want to convert to cargo configuration. They bought the A/C from AA, and contracted with some Italian outfit to put a door in the side of the fuselage. Well the Italians have been working on one for over a year now, and can't seem to get the A/C to pressurize! Will, Capital now has taken the work to Israel! ------ The three remaining 767's are here, and now they want us to do a "bridging check" on them. Well after sitting on the ground for over a year, I have never, in my 35+ years in this business, seen so much paper work!------ But my question would be, why AA hasn't gone after the door Mod.? I'm sure TUL. could handle it, or we could. But not with the head count we have now! That may have something to do with it! :down:

AA has missed the boat on MCI. If they really wanted a MRO they should look at MCI. MCI has been doing it for years and you guys know how to do it right. I think the union (intenatoinal) has more to do with not pushing the issue at MCI.

<_< ------- Another example of missed opportunity is here at MCI. Capital Airlines has had three, at one time four, 767-200's, here for well over a year they want to convert to cargo configuration. They bought the A/C from AA, and contracted with some Italian outfit to put a door in the side of the fuselage. Well the Italians have been working on one for over a year now, and can't seem to get the A/C to pressurize! Will, Capital now has taken the work to Israel! ------
Kind of like the great Alcoa convert contracts. Remember--"We saved jobs" Cake for everyone.

Release date: July 17, 2006

Alcoa-SIE Cargo Conversions Signs Agreement With American Airlines to Convert 757-200 to Cargo Configurations

8 months later came the reality:
http://www.alcoa.com/alcoa-SIE_cargo_conve...a_agreement.asp
March 7, 2007

Alcoa-SIE Cargo Conversions signs agreement with Aeronautical Engineers Inc. to convert 757-200 to cargo configurations

Simi Valley, CA, March 7, 2007 - Alcoa Inc. (NYSE AA) announced today an agreement with Aeronautical Engineers Inc. (AEI) to perform cargo conversions and maintenance on 757-200 aircraft for its Alcoa-SIE Cargo Conversions(ASCC)business unit. The addition of Aeronautical Engineers Inc. adds a proven expertise in cargo conversions and airframe maintenance to the ASCC 757 freighter conversion program. Conversions and other maintenance will be performed by AEI at Commercial Jet, Inc. at Miami International Airport.

Management is using DHW as a scare tactic for all the bases. There is zero chance of having the hangar full by the end of this year. There is a zero chance of any shops being placed at DWH in the next year.

There is a need for a very small A/C cleaners shop staffed with three or four cleaners and management will not even entertain that.

Management really what’s DWH to be DFW’s out of service hangar. At this point I think management will get what they really want.

According to the dock plans I saw: There will be two or three MD-80 mod lines in operation at DWH by March 2008. A 737 mod line is starting Jan. 2008 at DWH also. These lines will have 2/3 rds of the DWH hangar filled. The only thing they need to fill is the 757 dock and the 767 dock. Since the c-checks of our 757's and 767's are being expanded up to three year intervals, it is now possible to move the 757 and 767 check lines to DWH from AFW,TUL,and MCI. With the Airbus 300's being retired the 777 line at AFW will probably be moved to Tulsa.

The rumors I hear are that the AFW hangar is going to Boeing and the MCI base is being aquired by AAR