3rd Party Work

According to the dock plans I saw: There will be two or three MD-80 mod lines in operation at DWH by March 2008. A 737 mod line is starting Jan. 2008 at DWH also. These lines will have 2/3 rds of the DWH hangar filled. The only thing they need to fill is the 757 dock and the 767 dock. Since the c-checks of our 757's and 767's are being expanded up to three year intervals, it is now possible to move the 757 and 767 check lines to DWH from AFW,TUL,and MCI. With the Airbus 300's being retired the 777 line at AFW will probably be moved to Tulsa.

The rumors I hear are that the AFW hangar is going to Boeing and the MCI base is being aquired by AAR
<_< ------ Princess, remember this is "Contract" time. A dock plan can be changed with the click of a mouse!! I'm not saying that your predictions couldn't happen, but I believe a lot of it is hype! We've all been there. Scare tactic's are AA's favorite negotiation tool! That, and playing one base against the other!

According to the dock plans I saw: There will be two or three MD-80 mod lines in operation at DWH by March 2008. A 737 mod line is starting Jan. 2008 at DWH also. These lines will have 2/3 rds of the DWH hangar filled. The only thing they need to fill is the 757 dock and the 767 dock. Since the c-checks of our 757's and 767's are being expanded up to three year intervals, it is now possible to move the 757 and 767 check lines to DWH from AFW,TUL,and MCI. With the Airbus 300's being retired the 777 line at AFW will probably be moved to Tulsa.

The rumors I hear are that the AFW hangar is going to Boeing and the MCI base is being aquired by AAR

No matter what the dock plan is forecasting at this time it’s only one MD80 galley mod and one 737 mod line. This is very subject to change. With this being all that’s scheduled at this point it leaves a lot extra manning for the DFW OTS service center. Just what upper management wants.

Out of curiosity, what mod's are they doing on the 737? I thought the winglet's were done.

That would be the case. To me, openings should go to station recalls first, followed by transfers, followed by the offering of a job based on the systemwide recall list in seniority order, than other classifications upgrading--with priority given to those already in title 1 as an osm, etc.
I believe once the station recall list is exhausted, then that station is opened up to transfers. If you are on the street and have recall rights, you can put in for a transfer. But, you have to start the process. It is not automatic.

I believe once the station recall list is exhausted, then that station is opened up to transfers. If you are on the street and have recall rights, you can put in for a transfer. But, you have to start the process. It is not automatic.
That is true, but layoff transfers go below upgrades from fsc and others.

That is true, but when a AMT with 15 years is laid off out of lets say MCI and has a transfer in for lets say AFW and a F/S upgrade gets it first, that is another screwing from the good ol boys from the TWU :down:

That is true, but when a AMT with 15 years is laid off out of lets say MCI and has a transfer in for lets say AFW and a F/S upgrade gets it first, that is another screwing from the good ol boys from the TWU :down:

FLAME BAIT. If MCIE had signed enough AMFA Cards or rejected the 2003 Concession Contract; no part of this would be a question. You refused to change and you refused a stand: now you complain. Get ready Brother: BOHICA

FLAME BAIT. If MCIE had signed enough AMFA Cards or rejected the 2003 Concession Contract; no part of this would be a question. You refused to change and you refused a stand: now you complain. Get ready Brother: BOHICA
<_< ------- Or if more people at TUL would have! --- :huh:

<_< ------- Or if more people at TUL would have! --- :huh:

The real problem isn’t TUL or MCI even thou both could do better along with the rest of the system. The work group that really hurt us is Title II. Find a way to get them on board and the game is over.

The real problem isn’t TUL or MCI even thou both could do better along with the rest of the system. The work group that really hurt us is Title II. Find a way to get them on board and the game is over.

Title II along with those in Title I Overhaul are simply afraid that Title I line will outsource their respective jobs for raises. And given the divide and conquer tactics of AA Management along with postings read on this bulletin board, who would blame them for thinking that way?

Just as with Northwest, if we were to take a more militant stand or convert to a more militant union leadership, the TWU has left us with contract language that is so weak, the Corporation would stomp your ass in the ground and Title II and Title I overhaul would be the losing pawns in the game.

I am simply stating the facts as I see them and anyone who looks at the overall picture of our current demise from a honest perspective should see the same. The TWU weakness does not leave because we change unions or vote against concessions. The TWU weakness in entrenched within weak contract language that would take years to overcome.

Your best bet is to begin looking elsewhere and outside the Aircraft Maintenace Profession for the real answers to a legitimate shot at a properous future. That is assuming you have not already done so like most I know and hang around.

You folks can keep hoping and/or blaming each other and/or someone else all you want, but that will not change the facts, the future, and your weak ass union's contract language in the bargaining agreement.

Damn folks, we cannot even agree on a direction for change anymore much less a solid front that would confront and challenge the corporation while we have no contract language and we are divided in so many ways regarding needs to survive. I can understand your desire for a better future at Aircraft Maintenance, but AMFA was your best hope and over 1,000 A&P Licesned SCABS recently destroyed that plan. I still cannot fathom why those Licsensed Technicians participated in the crossing of a picket line and destroyed the only group in the industry that was leading the charge against Airline Management wanting to convert your profession to substandard wages and benefits. Once you figure that out and find a way to prevent it from happening again, then maybe you can have hope. Until then you are smoking crack if you think things will greatly improve anytime soon.

Thats the system (game) we have to play. So if you know someone wanting to get onboard tell them with the movement at AFW & DFW they may be able to slide in there as an AC which in turn puts them higher on the recall totem pole (attachment 12.4 of the contract). They may have to wait 6 mo to move up though once at the station. Why an AMT wouldnt be considered qualified to be an AC and get a 12l transfer versus a 12m is another deal. I got a headache reading all the rules :blink: .

Damn folks, we cannot even agree on a direction for change anymore much less a solid front that would confront and challenge the corporation while we have no contract language and we are divided in so many ways regarding needs to survive. I can understand your desire for a better future at Aircraft Maintenance, but AMFA was your best hope and over 1,000 A&P Licesned SCABS recently destroyed that plan. I still cannot fathom why those Licsensed Technicians participated in the crossing of a picket line and destroyed the only group in the industry that was leading the charge against Airline Management wanting to convert your profession to substandard wages and benefits. Once you figure that out and find a way to prevent it from happening again, then maybe you can have hope. Until then you are smoking crack if you think things will greatly improve anytime soon.
I'm new to the board but in a nut shell no solidarity. And the SCABS had their head where the sun dont shine!

Latest posts