A.M.F.A. support at the line stations?

Does AMFA represent the cabin apperance techs at SWA.
Do they have A&P's.
Are they only a Craft Union or do they take any one group that wants to join.
Mighty Mouse do you look like that in person.
Is your nickname RAT.

Why do the teamsters keep making a big deal about the apperance techs at SWA they represented them as part of the Mechanic & Related class and craft this is not the same as organizing Fleet Service at CAL that is a different class and craft you guys are common liars check out the link below and remember AMFA got certified in 2003 the IBT represented the appereance techs before that.

http://www.amfa11.com/file_cabinet/Drawer_3/contracts/SWA_AppearanceTechs%2002_09.pdf

There is so much AMFA talk going on here you would think something was going on. At my station there is zero activity from the AMFA bunch, Tulsa must no likey AMFA....However Informer is always on the loose flaring and flaming what ever the situation or flavor of the day. But most know his MO.....

There is little or no talk of AMFA at your location because the TWU members there are either not interested or scared of their peers.

If they are not interested, but in most cases it is fear of the unknown or fear of what their fellow member might think of them.

I am going to make an opinionated guess and take the fear position and most of those are in the Turbine Building.

Those that are in the Turbine Building are outside of the engine build areas and work in proximity to the machinist. There are a few the have had enough and will grant the democracy that is required.

If these members believe that the TWU is safe and provides the security they need, then have an election.

And yet you continue to read my posts, and respond. Bless you sir....

You're pretty impressed with yourself - sort of out of character for a Teamster. Over 270 posts in two weeks time, and you claim not to have a dog in this fight. You are being paid to troll on this board. Looks like you're not having much luck convincing anyone. Well, it's an easy enough gig for you, and as long as the check is coming - so will your posts.

History of Charles Taylor speaks to him being a Machinist and the Wright brothers knowing this enlisted his help to create the means to support their historic quest. He later returned to the roots that defined him, returning to machine trades after he departed from the Wrights. He must have considered himself a Machinist first.

I wonder why he didn't hire some unskilled workers to clean the toilet, and put together the non-skilled required items and share the loaf of bread and the recognition of this achievement? I mean we could have 10 or 20 in he story if we used the industrial union philosophy. In fact, there should have been a "me too" clause and anyone who sold Taylor a part, fuel, wiring, or wing covering material should be recognized as the co-leaders in aviation history.

There is little or no talk of AMFA at your location because the TWU members there are either not interested or scared of their peers.

If they are not interested, but in most cases it is fear of the unknown or fear of what their fellow member might think of them.

I am going to make an opinionated guess and take the fear position and most of those are in the Turbine Building.

Those that are in the Turbine Building are outside of the engine build areas and work in proximity to the machinist. There are a few the have had enough and will grant the democracy that is required.

If these members believe that the TWU is safe and provides the security they need, then have an election.

Buck, I noticed the time on this reply. Are you OK? Hitting the bottle or something? You are making even less sense than normal.

Jut screwing with you dude. lol

From what I've read Charles Taylor not only built the engine, but he also performed repairs in between flights, making him both the first OEM Mechanic and the first OH and line mechanic.

I'm not so sure Bob. Boeing after all has line mechanics. Would you consider them the same as us? In fact, Boeing falls under the NLRB as a manufacturing company while we fall under the NMB and follow the RLA as an Airline. My point, with no disrespect to Charles Taylor or his following, do you think in today's world he would have been listed as part of our class and craft? I have my doubts.

On the other hand, JD Smith was in fact the very first Mechanic to work on the very first commercial airline, and by NMB definition the FIRST in our class and craft.

My simple question is wouldn't Mr Smith, as the first one as part of our class and craft, be better suited to bring focus and attention to us as airline mechanics?

I'm not so sure Bob. Boeing after all has line mechanics. Would you consider them the same as us? In fact, Boeing falls under the NLRB as a manufacturing company while we fall under the NMB and follow the RLA as an Airline. My point, with no disrespect to Charles Taylor or his following, do you think in today's world he would have been listed as part of our class and craft? I have my doubts.

On the other hand, JD Smith was in fact the very first Mechanic to work on the very first commercial airline, and by NMB definition the FIRST in our class and craft.

My simple question is wouldn't Mr Smith, as the first one as part of our class and craft, be better suited to bring focus and attention to us as airline mechanics?

Typical Industrial union thinking the first commercial airline and the first according to the NMB and Craft and Class it is all about goverment forget the first Mechanic to work on the first powered flight goverment sanctioned is the deciding factor to your way of thinking.I guess the next logical question is why aren't you and the teamsters banging the drum for Mr SMITH

Charles Taylor was an Aircraft Mechanic before there was an RLA or NLRA. I would imagine when Mr Smith started there was no Class and craft as far as airlines since the airlines did not come under the RLA till 1936(?) By the time Airlines came into the RLA there were thousands of airline mechanics, no one would be first since they all went in the same day. The AMTA promotes recognition of the craft, not just for Airlines but for Aircraft Mechanics so its more fitting that an Organization that promotes the profession, regardless of the industry, would use Charles Taylor, the Wright Brothers mechanic and not the first Airline mechanic.

Charles Taylor was an Aircraft Mechanic before there was an RLA or NLRA. I would imagine when Mr Smith started there was no Class and craft as far as airlines since the airlines did not come under the RLA till 1936(?) By the time Airlines came into the RLA there were thousands, none would be first since they all went in the same day. The AMTA promotes recognition of the craft, not just for Airlines but for Aircraft Mechanics so its more fitting that an Organization that promotes the profession, regardless of the industry, would use Charles Taylor, the Wright Brothers mechanic and not the first Airline mechanic.

Well Said Bob.

Buck, I noticed the time on this reply. Are you OK? Hitting the bottle or something? You are making even less sense than normal.

Jut screwing with you dude. lol
If I were you, I would not screw with me right now. I no longer drink but as a famous military officer once said, " Sir knight? I've just pissed in my pants... and nobody can do anything about it. "

Charles Taylor was an Aircraft Mechanic before there was an RLA or NLRA. I would imagine when Mr Smith started there was no Class and craft as far as airlines since the airlines did not come under the RLA till 1936(?) By the time Airlines came into the RLA there were thousands of airline mechanics, no one would be first since they all went in the same day. The AMTA promotes recognition of the craft, not just for Airlines but for Aircraft Mechanics so its more fitting that an Organization that promotes the profession, regardless of the industry, would use Charles Taylor, the Wright Brothers mechanic and not the first Airline mechanic.

Fair answer Bob

If I were you, I would not screw with me right now. I no longer drink but as a famous military officer once said, " Sir knight? I've just pissed in my pants... and nobody can do anything about it. "

Dancing With Wolves? Seriously? That is the best you can do?

Typical Industrial union thinking the first commercial airline and the first according to the NMB and Craft and Class it is all about goverment forget the first Mechanic to work on the first powered flight goverment sanctioned is the deciding factor to your way of thinking.I guess the next logical question is why aren't you and the teamsters banging the drum for Mr SMITH

aa dog,

just shut the f up

Bob Owens,

I am having a hard time getting a read on you. Where are you in this whole issue of support. Are you pro AMFA?

Just curious.

I read a statement issued by you here...

http://labornotes.org/2012/02/bankruptcy-returns-tool-crack-unions

Unless this is not really you on this site?

“Taking a long-term view, the American bankruptcy is a very positive thing,” a Boeing executive told Reuters. The aircraft maker expects billions of dollars in plane orders from American once its court-ordered restructuring is complete.

“It’s like they decided they don’t want to pay the mortgage so they can go out and buy a couple of hot new cars,” said Bob Owens, an American mechanic and president of Transport Workers Local 562 in New York.

American also wants to lay off 13,000 workers—16 percent of the workforce. It will try to end pensions and retiree health care for 130,000 current and former workers, offloading $9 billion in unfunded pension obligations to a federal insurance agency.

After clawing out $1.8 billion in concessions in 2003, American says labor costs must drop by another 20 percent.

You sound reasonable, yet you seem to fall in with many association supporters on this site. What gives?

Back