A reminder of the real world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Americans don't have a long attention span. That's a fact...not a broad brush. Why the hell do you think twitter has such a following....people get bored after 145 characters.

Obviously your attention span was in a deep slumber from Nov 2008 to Nov 2016.

Reactions: delldude
Most Americans don't have a long attention span. That's a fact...not a broad brush. Why the hell do you think twitter has such a following....people get bored after 145 character

This is wrong. Most heavy twitter users biggest gripe is that you can only use 145 characters. Why some users use TwitLonger and the such. Still it is a failing platform the way Jack Dorsey runs the company.

That commercial is a load of crap targeted at liberals. Nobody is going to befriend someone with a diametrically opposed set of core beliefs and values over such a short period of time. Real life does not work that way.

Liberals think with dialogue and understanding comes peace. The problem is what they actually push is militant "tolerance" (better not criticize one of their "protected" groups....... or else). That is why you have a bunch of Muslim "refugees" assaulting, murdering, raping, stealing, and conquering Europe. The Europeans think if they just show understanding eventually these welfare loving Muslim parasites will like them and they will have peace.

Their stupidity has cost them their countries.

No my friends, this commercial is nothing more than expertly edited manipulation targeted at leftist consumers. It is just short of propaganda.

It is no wonder KCFlyer finds this so powerful and acceptable. He was their target audience after all.

That commercial is a load of crap targeted at liberals. Nobody is going to befriend someone with a diametrically opposed set of core beliefs and values over such a short period of time. Real life does not work that way.

Liberals think with dialogue and understanding comes peace. The problem is what they actually push is militant "tolerance" (better not criticize one of their "protected" groups....... or else). That is why you have a bunch of Muslim "refugees" assaulting, murdering, raping, stealing, and conquering Europe. The Europeans think if they just show understanding eventually these welfare loving Muslim parasites will like them and they will have peace.

Their stupidity has cost them their countries.

No my friends, this commercial is nothing more than expertly edited manipulation targeted at leftist consumers. It is just short of propaganda.

It is no wonder KCFlyer finds this so powerful and acceptable. He was their target audience after all.

La....how about we have a beer. You can look me in the eye and tell me how awful liberals are. Look at the inter-tard-net message boards. You'll most likely never change my mind and I'll most likely never change yours. But to me - this ad says that the wonderful, glorious anonymity of the internet tends to bring out traits that you would NEVER do if you were sitting across a table from someone. Maybe I'm wrong....maybe you have the balls to tard up the place in person. But my money says that when push comes to shove, you aren't a jerk in person.

Reactions: Kev3188
La....how about we have a beer. You can look me in the eye and tell me how awful liberals are. Look at the inter-tard-net message boards. You'll most likely never change my mind and I'll most likely never change yours. But to me - this ad says that the wonderful, glorious anonymity of the internet tends to bring out traits that you would NEVER do if you were sitting across a table from someone. Maybe I'm wrong....maybe you have the balls to tard up the place in person. But my money says that when push comes to shove, you aren't a jerk in person.

Your whole post reeks of universally assumed and typically projected liberal cowardice/cluelessness. Hint: The whole world isn't a "safe space" and you've clearly seen far too little of it to have any actually rational opinion regarding assumed actions/responses of others. Many places exist where you wouldn't even have to open your mouth to get yourself killed, simply due to your being an "infidel foreigner" and a great many equally exist where passing out a few beers wouldn't much help either.... ;)

BTW: If you truly and honestly found some beer ad targeted for "feel-good" starfish inspiring....Did I mention I've a bridge in Brooklyn up for sale? Before you even consider a nasty response; just imagine a 2 minute video intro getting all liberals all teary-eyed about embracing diversity/getting along/melting pot/whatever... ;)

The entire purpose of advertising is to sway some consumer base's emotions into unknowingly "deciding" to purchase something because it "feels good" to do so. One thing that's ALWAYS true therein is that NO marketing efforts EVER want anyone to actually THINK. That outcome would be completely counter productive to the purpose.

Last edited:
Your whole post reeks of universally assumed and typically projected liberal cowardice/cluelessness. Hint: The whole world isn't a "safe space" and you've clearly seen far too little of it to have any actually rational opinion regarding assumed actions/responses of others. Many places exist where you wouldn't even have to open your mouth to get yourself killed, simply due to your being an "infidel foreigner" and a great many equally exist where passing out a few beers wouldn't much help either.... ;)

BTW: If you truly and honestly found some beer ad targeted for "feel-good" starfish inspiring....Did I mention I've a bridge in Brooklyn up for sale? Before you even consider a nasty response; just imagine a 2 minute video intro getting all liberals all teary-eyed about embracing diversity/getting along/melting pot/whatever... ;)

The entire purpose of advertising is to sway some consumer base's emotions into unknowingly "deciding" to purchase something because it "feels good" to do so. One thing that's ALWAYS true therein is that NO marketing efforts EVER want anyone to actually THINK. That outcome would be completely counter productive to the purpose.
Where did I say anything that this would get people to change their views on anything. I've been on this message board. and others) for over 15 years. And I have noticed a definite lack of civility when people post anonymously. I don't think it would be the same if we were face to face...that's all.

Just think about this. Read some of the other threads. Notice the number of times libtard gets used. I pick that one because it seems to have been around the most. Then ask....if they were to meet me in a public place without knowing who I was, would they use that word to my face even AFTER finding out that I have liberal leanings? Or would the be more inclined to be a bit more civil while still holding separate views from me? Anonymity makes it very difficult to hold a civil discussion on damn near anything.

FWIW, I don't drink Heinken. I drink Shiner.

It's some type of phenomena.......sort of like road rage.

Keyboard takes the personal thing out of communicating and some have problems effectively crossing that divide.

Emails in the workplace cause issues with expression too.

You know something? The only spewing I've seen between you and me has come from you. I said that most people wouldn't say things like you just wrote were it not for the anonymity of a message board.

You're right...I wouldn't spew horseshit face to face, but not because I'm a pussy, but more because I tend to discuss issues. You seem to have a preconceived notion of who and what I am. I'll leave the spewing to you as you seem to have mastered it quite well.

But I wonder if you'd say it to me face to face though. Maybe you would..while I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, there really ARE azzholes that walk among us....just look at our dear leader. And it's okay to emulate those you admire.

It's some type of phenomena.......sort of like road rage.

Keyboard takes the personal thing out of communicating and some have problems effectively crossing that divide.

Emails in the workplace cause issues with expression too.

I have lost 2 Long time (25+ years) friends because I call out Trumps judgement.
Yea, live and in person.
Don't think we will have our annual get together s again.
So sad, too bad.

I have lost 2 Long time (25+ years) friends because I call out Trumps judgement.
Yea, live and in person.
Don't think we will have our annual get together s again.
So sad, too bad.

I've had similar issues, mostly with ex-coworkers who drank too much IAM DNC koolaid.
Its like dealing with a drone, auto responce, preprogrammed catatonic stare with no room for your view at all.

Reactions: xUT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts