A reminder of the real world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fine example of consequences suffered by our society as a result of the lefts attack on traditional marriage.

If leftist want to be civil then maybe they should stop attacking with blind hate traditional American culture.

Why the hell should I be civil to a loud mouthed hedonist who attacks my culture and values.

Barack Obama summed it up best, "“We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America”, presented to loud cheers of leftist.

Translation. I am on a mission to force cultural change upon the American people. That is a prime example of leftist "civility".

Having a beer with LA would require a big bar so that he could have his posterboards ready for a witty retort with a "real time meme"

Guess again. Born in '53 and spent a great many years in USAF flight suits and sadly seen good friends and far better men than myself under the Colors in coffins. I was "too late" for Vietnam flying myself and hold the highest respect for those who fought there, especially given the insane conditions and restrictions/rules of engagement/etc they did so under. My only war service was in '91 under completely different conditions in that we were actually allowed to win, which was amazing considering the suicidal stupidity of our sociopath "politicians" in the last half-century. I'll assume from your post you've also some understanding of what sustaining our America has so dearly cost so very many. I will note that the fallen I've personally known would equally share and express a sensible desire to "party on" but they were cut short of life long ago. Let none of us forget those that gave everything so we can enjoy the Freedom we have, nor all our amazing young people that still stand in harm's way 24/7 for the rest of us.

In respectful remembrance and tribute to those I've known who no longer can do or even say so: "Party on Dudes!"...and if you don't like that Insp4; you're cordially invited to shove your arrogantly pretentious BS where the sun don't shine. ;)
East, don't get your dandruff up. I was on a carrier off of North Vietnam early on. We lost two of our Pilots in my squadron due to those "political restrictions". I could go into detail as to some of those restrictions, but at this point, what good would it do? I came home to a country that could give a damn as to what we were going through, or what was going on over there. In fact just the opposite! And it would seem all our youth today have their heads, as you would say, "up where the sun don't shine!" It's a "me" generation. So maybe I am a little gun shy. ........And even though you didn't get in on what went on over there. Thank you for your service!....... And in that sense, by all means! "Party on Dude!"

Last edited:
East, don't get your dandruff up. I was on a carrier off of North Vietnam early on. We lost two of our Pilots in my squadron due to those "political restrictions". I could go into detail as to some of those restrictions, but at this point, what good would it do? I came home to a country that could give a damn as to what we were going through, or what was going on over there. In fact just the opposite! And it would seem all our youth today have their heads, as you would say, "up where the sun don't shine!" It's a "me" generation. So maybe I am a little gun shy. ........And even though you didn't get in on what went on over there. Thank you for your service!....... And in that sense, by all means! "Party on Dude!"

I think there was a miscommunication.
Your a good dude and EastUS1 is a good dude as well.
We may not all appreciate each others wit, but to ME, this is quite minor.
I appreciate 'every' post from you guys.
JMHO & PO,
Take Care,
:cool:

Sad indeed, since ANY citizen that does NOT call into question his/her government's actions shirks their duties as thinking people, no matter what "side" anyone's on.

I wouldn't give up on your friends of decades just because of momentary circumstances. Life's too damn short to do so. Just saying.

Yea, we've been friends for years.
We all share common conservative values and agree on most things.
When I was a pup, I only had older/wiser friends and learned much from them.
I really don't know when my roll changed, I thought about it a lot.
My friends are about 10 years younger than I am now, well educated and never put themselves in harms way.
They go to the range and shoot their 'guns' and pretend.
I hope that one of the things they respected me was my service.
Truth, they are blind Trump supporters, I voted for Trump, but I am not a clone.
I expressed my issues with Trump and (as they had no counter argument) tried to subject me to taunts and stupidity. We see that here quite often.
When my 'friends' called me a 'snowflake' I almost went postal.
Where are my friends?

I got on my bicycle today and rediscovered the real world. I rode about 25 miles around just a part of my city....to the Indian scout monument that overlooks downtown....to the Liberty Memorial - the only World War 1 museum in the US...to the art galleries and then the plaza. Thru neighborhoods and major downtown roads. Life's too short to worry about politics. Want to see perfection - here's a shot the machine that took me away from all the problems and showed me a lot of beauty

FlbDO1I.jpg

You know when I was a kid my parents used to take me to The Gateway Arch frequently. I have eaten many meals at those boat restaurants on the river. I have heard they no longer have those.

(ONE OF MY FAVORITE MUSICIANS)
chuck_berry_3-copy-2.jpg

I spent a lot of my youth living all over the United States, despite the rumor on here I have never left Tulsa. :)

Atlanta, GA was by far the worst......

I got on my bicycle today and rediscovered the real world. I rode about 25 miles around just a part of my city....to the Indian scout monument that overlooks downtown....to the Liberty Memorial - the only World War 1 museum in the US...to the art galleries and then the plaza. Thru neighborhoods and major downtown roads. Life's too short to worry about politics. Want to see perfection - here's a shot the machine that took me away from all the problems and showed me a lot of beauty

FlbDO1I.jpg

How's the ride in the rain?

FlbDO1I.jpg
You should get "north of the river" sometime K.C. That's where all the conservatives live!

Last edited:
You should get "north of the river" sometime K.C. That's where all the conservatives live!
I've been there a few times. Kind of flat and bland, but a lot of microbreweries and distilleries (just north of the river across the Heart of America bridge. Was there a couple of weeks ago on a charity ride for brain cancer research. WINDY as hell that day.

Doing another one on mothers day to benefit a bike advocacy group here...it's a pretty big ride called the "tour de bier" and it takes you thru the areas of past and present microbreweries. That ride will be about 37 miles. I did it last year and it was a lot of fun.

Then in June there is another ride for brain cancer called 'Bike to Boulevardia"...it's part of a festival sponsored by....a brewery. Cyclists like our beer. I signed up for the 60 mile route for that one. The following weekend is a "tour de lakes" around Lee's Summit which honors a I'm doing the 32 miles route on that one. I just found out about it, but you can click on the video to see how this one got started. http://www.tourdelakes.org/

In September, I'm riding a "Bike for the Brain", which benefits mental health. I did that one last year too. It's a 35 mile route and if you are familiar with KC, it's on "the wrong side of the tracks" . Leaves from Mission, Kansas and goes down the Paseo from Meyer Boulevard to Cliff drive by the river. Someone asked if I was worried about biking on the Paseo, but it turned out more people waved at us and said hello over on "that" part of town than on any other ride I'd been on.

Combine those with my weekend warrior rides and I should hit my goal of 2,000 miles this year. I've already got 600 under my belt since January.

How's the ride in the rain?

I've done one in the rain. It was actually kind of nice because it was only 25 miles and was in August which kept it nice and cool. One gal I know who rode semi professionally told me that if it rained on a charity ride, take the shorter routes because riding very long in the rain sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.