A reminder of the real world

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done one in the rain. It was actually kind of nice because it was only 25 miles and was in August which kept it nice and cool. One gal I know who rode semi professionally told me that if it rained on a charity ride, take the shorter routes because riding very long in the rain sucks.

you must wear those shorts with plenty of padding in the backside with that seat , it makes hurt mine looking at it ...lol.

to your earlier of post about meeting in person despite our unlimited disagreements I think I'd get along fine with you in person

you must wear those shorts with plenty of padding in the backside with that seat , it makes hurt mine looking at it ...lol.

to your earlier of post about meeting in person despite our unlimited disagreements I think I'd get along fine with you in person
Believe it or not, you get used to the seat. It dawned on me yesterday that when I was stopped for a water break, I stayed on the seat and didn't stand up. I rode 22 miles and was only off the bike long enough to snap a picture or two.

The longest I've ridden so far is 51 miles. I am not fast...I average about 13 mph and that ride took me 3 hours 56 minutes riding time, about 4 and half hours total time (water, food and bathroom breaks). But I wasn't sore afterwards. Yes, I wear padded shorts. Yes, they are the tight lycra ones, and I actually don't look too bad for an old man in bike shorts. Don't worry, I won't be posting any pictures of that.

And yes, I'd have a beer with you....and even Carolina BBQ (which isn't as good as KC BBQ, but that shows you how open minded I am). But I wouldn't discuss politics, religion or BBQ if we did meet.

I thought the same thing man. My package hurt looking at that seat.

Oh BTW, i would buy BBQ if we all met.

Since this is an aviation related site - here's one of the stops - the Roasterie coffee factory

vshFSTu.jpg

I've done one in the rain. It was actually kind of nice because it was only 25 miles and was in August which kept it nice and cool. One gal I know who rode semi professionally told me that if it rained on a charity ride, take the shorter routes because riding very long in the rain sucks.

I noticed the lack of fenders in particular.

My Harley FXRS has a 'sport' fender on the front, and riding in the rain had the same effect as riding a garden hose on my crotch.

Ended up with a full fender down to about 10-12 inch off the road in the back part.....big difference.

Go into a big bad biker bar look like you pissed your pants.

Believe it or not, you get used to the seat. It dawned on me yesterday that when I was stopped for a water break, I stayed on the seat and didn't stand up. I rode 22 miles and was only off the bike long enough to snap a picture or two.

The longest I've ridden so far is 51 miles. I am not fast...I average about 13 mph and that ride took me 3 hours 56 minutes riding time, about 4 and half hours total time (water, food and bathroom breaks). But I wasn't sore afterwards. Yes, I wear padded shorts. Yes, they are the tight lycra ones, and I actually don't look too bad for an old man in bike shorts. Don't worry, I won't be posting any pictures of that.

And yes, I'd have a beer with you....and even Carolina BBQ (which isn't as good as KC BBQ, but that shows you how open minded I am). But I wouldn't discuss politics, religion or BBQ if we did meet.

I noticed the lack of fenders in particular.

My Harley FXRS has a 'sport' fender on the front, and riding in the rain had the same effect as riding a garden hose on my crotch.

Ended up with a full fender down to about 10-12 inch off the road in the back part.....big difference.

Go into a big bad biker bar look like you pissed your pants.
Black bike shorts don't show water. The jersey DOES have a rooster tail though, but I don't use if for commuting. This bike is what is called an "adventure bike" you can ride on roads, dirt, gravel...pretty much everything except the hard core mountain bike stuff. Fenders can get in the way on that, although a lot of guys who own these in England and use them as commuters will install fenders.

KC we can't even agree about BBQ here within NC, there's Lexington style and Eastern style one is vinegar based which I cant hang with, the rat doesn't do vinegar ..bleah! Most folks tend to be one or the other

KC we can't even agree about BBQ here within NC, there's Lexington style and Eastern style one is vinegar based which I cant hang with, the rat doesn't do vinegar ..bleah! Most folks tend to be one or the other

Franklins in Austin, Johnny Trigs ribs, and some others are on my BBQ bucket list....and yes I watch a lot of those BBQ shows.

Hey, last time I was there in NC, everyone was adding vinegar to their frys! But Bates for BBQ is hard to beat!

Honestly we have tons of BBQ places here but I usually just eat at Rib Crib.
ribcrib.jpg

I eat at Hickory House in Sapulpa when I get a chance.
7dce0e8439275205de5f6c16c747cc2f.jpg

Elmer's is good to.
ls.jpg

We also have Knotty Pine.
600_402948742.jpeg

A lot of people like Billy Sims. Not my taste but it is very popular.
logo.png

Last edited:
Sometimes the real world sucks...

Sometimes life is hard. Today was one of the hardest days of my life. The photo below is of the most perfect animal to ever set foot on the face of this earth. She is my dog, Ziggy. She has liver cancer and is dying. But she is a pleaser. That picture was taken two days ago. In that picture she had not eaten anything in two days. She quit eating dry dog food two weeks ago. She kind of ate canned dog for about 2 days after that and gave it up. She's subsisted on hard boiled eggs for the next week. She is shutting down. She is dying. But she is a pleaser. She does not want me to know that she's in pain. And that makes the decision I have to make all that much harder.

But I came home for lunch today and she kind of let me see. She was kind of listless. I laid down beside her to talk, but as I spoke to her, I broke into tears. And she stood up to stop me....to please me. This dog has been my loyal friend for the past 11 years. Of the dogs that have been in my household, this one has always been MY dog. It's so hard because she has an amazing capacity to please. The vet is about a mile from my house. She loves walks. If she's up to it, we're going to walk that last mile together. And I'll let her go. But I'll never forget her.

When I got back to work today I had iTunes on my computer, playing a light jazz mix. A song came on from Lee Ritenour that was an instrumental mix of a Jackson 5 song. I dedicate it to my dog

I never can say goodbye, no, no, no, no, now
Never can say goodbye

Even though the pain and heartache
Seem to follow me wherever I go
Though I try and try to hide my feelings
They always seem to show

Then you try to say you're leaving
me And I always have to say no
Tell me why is it so

That I never can say goodbye, no, no, no, no, now
Never can say goodbye

Every time I think I've had enough
And start heading for the door
There's a very strange vibration
Piercing me right through the core
It says, turn around, you fool
You know you love her more and more
Tell me why is it so

Don't wanna let you go
I never can say goodbye girl
Ooh ooh baby (don't wanna let you go girl)
I never can say goodbye, no no no, no no no
Ooh, oh I never can say goodbye girl
Ooh ooh…

I love you forever Zigs...

6aZFthN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.