AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Leaders.......gotta love 'em. They can spew crap with a straight face!
I haven't trusted him from day one. Him or his counterpart who also use to come on here but haven't seen since the gag order was first set by the union.
And here CB is the fist one to do what I said they would do, bringing up the lies and misinformation about the NWA fiasco. It's all they have left to look at about AMFA. Sad ordeal all together, but it did in fact show that AMFA will stand with the membership instead of caving all the time to all the co. wants.

+1

I used to give him passing credit for at least coming on here and offering up his phone number. He lost me for good when he took a massive raise while the people he represents get nothing. That was sealed when he bragged about not having actually worked a flight in years.
Agree. I too did pass on credibility for him coming on here and "somewhat" delivering partial info. But I too never would trust him 100%. As he just showed once again he is simply in it for the larger paycheck and dues flowing machine. They will continue to lie and deceive the membership to keep them dangling on. Rogallo is correct, these guys all deserve to be locked up for good.
I will still say most will not be happy when they do finally release all the info.

As of now, they are meeting next week, and there are no more dates to be scheduled. Your not being left out with the info. You know what we know. But next week of course there could be more dates scheduled.

So Charlie Brown if you are a union official, why would the membership need to pay you? If we know what you know...

We can always use good representatives on the floor. Maybe this CB guy is one, I don't know him. But, when he tries to dissuade the membership from a representational vote using false narratives, that a disservice not only to the people he represents but also to the organization he's a representative of.

We can always use good representatives on the floor. Maybe this CB guy is one, I don't know him. But, when he tries to dissuade the membership from a representational vote using false narratives, that a disservice not only to the people he represents but also to the organization he's a representative of.
Well said and sadly the Association will defend its money making machine to the death like a rabid raccoon trapped in a corner.

Gentlemen, please take note;
Just a thought here. CB came in here, after a long pause, posting from Fri. night at 6:47pm to 10:37pm for a total of almost 4 hours. Started very early on with his false statement about the "former NWA workers" comments. Trying to spread the anti AMFA doom and gloom as usual. Take note that he did not respond to any of us about any comments on that issue. As well as the long pause (going on 2nd day) of still no responses. Gotta ask yourselves, since he is at the table and/or at least one of the many who will be there and has been there, was this a move by him to come in the weekend before the next round of talks at the table to get a "guage", if you will, to see what the responses would be about the AMFA drive, or maybe to test and/or take the responses back to the table so that the NC, as well as the co., would have a better "guage" on how to come out of these next planned nego's because of this energetic AMFA card drive. Basically a hit and run so Mon morning they will plan out their moves (both sides) and decide rather to come out with an AIP or just say, "we had so much progress", "should have something done by next meetings", "we see the light", "should have this done by end of the month, or maybe next month". Blah, blah, blah...
Tomorrow begins a new round at the table, but only set for 2 days. CB will not be up so late tonight for an early flight in the morn or he is already traveling over the weekend for the mon morning meetings. He has also stated in his comments that not all negotiators will be present from both sides, so that tells me that both sides are still not serious enough to get to an agreement. But I do expect the asso. to lie their arses off about how much progress they made. And the membership will never know just how much progress was made as they never get any details to show just how much progress was made, so once again you guys will be only told to "trust" them.
We will see after the next couple of days. I still hope you guys get something to see and vote on, but I don't think so with 5 biggies still left open.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, please take note;
Just a thought here. CB came in here, after a long pause, posting from Fri. night at 6:47pm to 10:37pm for a total of almost 4 hours. Started very early on with his false statement about the "former NWA workers" comments. Trying to spread the anti AMFA doom and gloom as usual. Take note that he did not respond to any of us about any comments on that issue. As well as the long pause (going on 2nd day) of still no responses. Gotta ask yourselves, since he is at the table and/or at least one of the many who will be there and has been there, was this a move by him to come in the weekend before the next round of talks at the table to get a "guage", if you will, to see what the responses would be about the AMFA drive, or maybe to test and/or take the responses back to the table so that the NC, as well as the co., would have a better "guage" on how to come out of these next planned nego's because of this energetic AMFA card drive. Basically a hit and run so Mon morning they will plan out their moves (both sides) and decide rather to come out with an AIP or just say, "we had so much progress", "should have something done by next meetings", "we see the light", "should have this done by end of the month, or maybe next month". Blah, blah, blah...
Tomorrow begins a new round at the table, but only set for 2 days. CB will not be up so late tonight for an early flight in the morn or he is already traveling over the weekend for the mon morning meetings. Ha has also stated in his comments that not all negotiators will be present from both sides, so that tells me that both sides are still not serious enough to get to an agreement. But I do expect the asso. to lie their arses off about how much progress they made. And the membership will never know just how much progress was made as they never get any details to show just how much progress was made, so once again you guys will be only told to "trust" them.
We will see after the next couple of days. I still hope you guys get something to see and vote on, but I don't think so with 5 biggies still left open.

I had a busy day yesterday and didn’t have time to be on here to respond. But no I have no agenda to find out info about amfa. This is mainly a mechanics card drive right now, I’m not a mechanic, nor represent mechanics.
And no, I’m not on my way to Dc. I am on the fleet service IAM side of the negotiating committee. I already said the whole team wasn’t going next week. The executive team is. I’m not on the executive team.
I’m not here to stop anyone from doing what they feel they need to do. I was merely answering a question from a post about dates for negotiations when I first responded, and stating that all the dates we knew of as of now. I even told the guys that talked about amfa “ more power to them”.

Suggesting they check with a former Nw mechanic is not a scare tactic unless someone is easy to scare. I’m not speaking for the former NW mechanics that are now DL mechanics. I’m speaking of the thousands that lost their jobs. If your confident in amfa, you shouldn’t mind them checking with them either. I have over the years spoke to several of them.
I’m not here to debate you or anyone on what you think is best. Everyone has their opinion.
And I don’t criticize anyone on here for their opinions. I mainly try to answer the questions that I have info for. And just so you don’t think I’m running to start the coup going about the amfa drive, I only have a hour or so to check this site today. So when I don’t respond, I guess you can start the spin again.

So Charlie Brown if you are a union official, why would the membership need to pay you? If we know what you know...

Why do you take my post and only refer to a few words out of it? Go back and see who I was responding to. That post was about dates being set. And that we probably knew of dates that we weren’t telling people. So I stated you know what we know, meaning dates. But again, I’m sure you know that and just choose to select quote me.

Last edited:
It’s just a lot of people make decisions on their emotions at the time, instead of their brains.
Very good point and thank you for reminding us that the association will try to capitalize on fear in every way possible.

My brain has told me that the time to change is overdue.

The greatest emotion that I have is shame for being so tolerant of being abused by our industial labor unions for so many decades.

Very good point and thank you for reminding us that the association will try to capitalize on fear in every way possible.

The greatest emotion that I have is shame for being so tolerant of being abused by our industial labor unions for so many decades.
To all Title 1 and Title 2 union members please stay focused on the card drives agenda. The negotiations will continue under the control of the NMB regardless of which unions are on the property. The card drive is about replacing the dysfunctional association with a class and craft union. That is the one and only reason. Do not get side tracked with the negotiations, the lies, misinformation and fear bearing idiots.

Because one fleet negotiator thinks it’s the wrong time to change, turns into the association trying to capitalize on fear?
Lol. Some on here post like such big bad asses, but as soon as someone has a difference of opinion, you get all worried about people getting scared. Again, not trying to spread fear or scaring anyone, was just giving my opinion.
I said a long time ago on here ( go back and read if you want) that I understand people’s frustrations with the association, especially if I was a TWU mechanic and had such a majority over the IAM mechanic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back